Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

Wonder what's going through the heads of our current strikers. Think Nige is turning into Van Gaal

With the spirit in the team we have I think our current strikers are going to be giving it 120% to try an keep their place in the team. I don't think anyone would sulk and throw a hissy fit!

If we get 2, Wood will be heading out of the door surely.

Still think we only need 1 (That being a number 10 to sit behind Ulloa), but I trust Nigel and I do see what you lot are saying, it will give us variations upfront to adapt in a positive way against all sorts of line ups.

latest update from transfer centre 

18:12

OKAZAKI ON HIS WAY?

Mainz will sell Leicester target Shinji Okazaki for the right price, according to Sky sources.

The Foxes had a bid rejected earlier in the window for the striker, who moved from Stuttgart to Mainz in the summer of 2013.

He has netted 40 goals for Japan and has scored eight times in the Bundesliga this season.

Do others think that if we don't get the likes of Okazki that it could mean the small margin of stopping up or not? Should the Kramaric go through would he also make the difference?

Wholeheartedly. As I have said numerous times throughout the run up to the window, we need 2 strikers, 2 defenders (a CB and LB), wingers and another controlling midfielder - our extra goalkeeper too is a huge bonus.

We just need to buy more Premiership quality like Schwarzer (even if he doesn't start). We are severely lacking in that top flight experience.

Watching Tony Gale yesterday on Sky Sports talk about our chances seemed to make the last week or so an irrelevance - he thinks we are poor but said, Kramaric may well help us out. It's this mentality we have to overcome and that only comes by getting classy players into your club.

Bid turned down, could be a Ulloa-Brighton situation occurring. http://english.kyodonews.jp/news/2015/01/330882.html

If the player wants to move (which it seems he does) and we want him (it seems we may well do) and stump up enough to turn Mainz's head then we should get him. Agree looks another game of Ulloa-Brighton hardball though!

If the player wants to move (which it seems he does) and we want him (it seems we may well do) and stump up enough to turn Mainz's head then we should get him. Agree looks another game of Ulloa-Brighton hardball though!

Actually looks more like a Mccarthy - Wigan deal to me. Kramaric back up, messing with another player's interest.

I'll be amazed if we break our transfer record on strikers three times this season.

Actually looks more like a Mccarthy - Wigan deal to me. Kramaric back up, messing with another player's interest.

I'll be amazed if we break our transfer record on strikers three times this season.

We do seem to be invested in this window don't we?

I wonder if Pearson sat down with the Thai's and just said, "I've got a Championship squad, I tried to buy in the summer and I was blocked from doing so. If you want to stay in this division I'm gonna need two more strikers to replace Nugent and Vardy, Cover for the ACON positions and a couple of defenders, minimum. Ideally I need an attacking midfielder too - It's going to cost in the region of 30 million, your choice."

Archived