Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

13:18

LEICESTER LINE UP OKAZAKI

With the signing of Andrej Kramaric in doubt due to work permit complications, we understand the Leicester are also looking atMainz striker Shinji Okazaki.

A source close to the Japan international has claimed a deal with the Premier League club has been agreed in principle.

From sky sports transfer centre

If we were took get another striker to go with Kramaric then Okazaki wouldn't be a bad bet. I do think we will sign two forwards this window. With Kramaric looking about tied up bar his minor work permit issue then it looks like Defoe or Okazaki is the other forward being brought in.

If we were took get another striker to go with Kramaric then Okazaki wouldn't be a bad bet. I do think we will sign two forwards this window. With Kramaric looking about tied up bar his minor work permit issue then it looks like Defoe or Okazaki is the other forward being brought in.

Does this mean its time to go for Chris Wood? I don't think we need 2 strikers! We would have Ulloa, Vardy, Nugent, Okazaki and Kramarick.

Who deserves to be left out? Ulloas done a job! 8 goals at this point of the season is a decent turn over for a striker playing in a relegation battle.

Are we going to line up in a 4-3-3 in a Chelsea like way. Cambiasso behind Drinkwater, James and Kramarick/Okazaki play left and right foward?

Nugent has done a good job these last few games! I don't think he deserves to be dropped!

Will one of these be prepared to battle for Nugent & Vardy for a seat on the bench? I don't think so?

I think we only need one striker & keep Wood for the fringe player. He's not that bad to be 4/5th choice!

Best transfer window in years for a city fan, possibly ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this mean its time to go for Chris Wood? I don't think we need 2 strikers! We would have Ulloa, Vardy, Nugent, Okazaki and Kramarick.

Who deserves to be left out? Ulloas done a job! 8 goals at this point of the season is a decent turn over for a striker playing in a relegation battle.

Are we going to line up in a 4-3-3 in a Chelsea like way. Cambiasso behind Drinkwater, James and Kramarick/Okazaki play left and right foward?

Nugent has done a good job these last few games! I don't think he deserves to be dropped!

Will one of these be prepared to battle for Nugent & Vardy for a seat on the bench? I don't think so?

I think we only need one striker & keep Wood for the fringe player. He's not that bad to be 4/5th choice!

Ulloa, Vardy and potentially Okazaki would all play as the out and out striker. Nugent as we know plays slightly deeper and that is where Kramaric's best position is also. It doesn't seem like the coaching staff have much faith in Wood for whatever reason.

I think we need to for flexibility in our formation. Kramaric could be an upgrade on Nugent or a replacement for Powell. Powell's loan was terminated allowing space from Kramaric and both he and Nugent play the deeper lying forward role that the Croatians say Kramaric is most effective in. That gives us Ulloa as the big target man and Vardy with what looks like Okazaki/Defoe as another striking option both with equally adept finishing.

I wouldn't drop Ulloa at all. I would prefer to see Wood loaned for 6 months than sold but sadly I think the latter is more likely. Just my opinion and others may disagree.

Seriously :mellow:

If we go down we will surely be going down with the most expensive attack to ever be relegated.

Ulloa - 8m

Nugent - Free

Vardy - 1m

Wood - 1m

Kramaric - 9.7m

Okazaki - 10m

Jeez. Long way from the likes of Howard and Fryatt.

I assume that the 'principle' is Kramaric failing his permit application, which isn't going to happen.

Ulloa, Vardy and potentially Okazaki would all play as the out and out striker. Nugent as we know plays slightly deeper and that is where Kramaric's best position is also. It doesn't seem like the coaching staff have much faith in Wood for whatever reason.

I can think of a few reasons..........

Reason being he's fairly shite.

Hey everyone try to watch this and not howl at the commentator's voice at 1:59 cheers x

hahaha. andy townsend's replacement imo. 

think we should sign this guy he looks sick (okazaki not the commentator)

Is this guy only coming in if we don't get our Croatian lads permit , or are we hoping to get in both ??

You'd think so. Gelling 2 strikers into the team with less than half the season to go hoping to keep us up seems a huge gamble to me.

Archived