Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
floz

Shinji Okazaki

Okazaki muses on playing in EPL

KYODO

CESSNOCK, AUSTRALIA – Japan striker Shinji Okazaki has admitted it would be a dream come true to play in the English Premier League following reports Leicester City has made an offer for the Mainz hitman.

Leicester has reportedly tabled an £8 million ($12 million) bid, but Bundesliga side Mainz is looking for £10 million for the 28-year-old, who has scored eight times in 16 league appearances this season and is currently in Australia with Japan ahead of its Asian Cup title defense.

“I haven’t heard all the details personally and I am not overvaluing myself but obviously it is nice to get that kind of offer,” Okazaki told Kyodo News after Japan trained in blistering heat on Wednesday.

“It has been a dream of mine since my youth to play in the Premier League and I have been watching the Premier League since I turned pro.

“I am not saying that the level is higher than the Bundesliga but the leagues have a different kind of quality and different culture.”

He added, “It would be very interesting. I would view this as my last chance, wherever I go. I think there is more individual quality in the Premier League, while it is more about teamwork in the Bundesliga and I think that suits Japanese players more.”

Archived