Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2023 at 21:34, Tommy G said:

Oakey Smokey on Allandale Rd was a solid 8/10

Did you have either the brisket or the rib out of interest? 

I have a smoker at home which I use a lot and I'm always interested in trying BBQ places to see what the professionals are doing.  The ones I've been to in the U.K. so far have been a bit meh.

I am (probably unduly) concerned by the menu stating the Secrets in the Smoke.  If they can't use an apostrophe do I trust them with live fire and meat? lol

17 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Did you have either the brisket or the rib out of interest? 

I have a smoker at home which I use a lot and I'm always interested in trying BBQ places to see what the professionals are doing.  The ones I've been to in the U.K. so far have been a bit meh.

I am (probably unduly) concerned by the menu stating the Secrets in the Smoke.  If they can't use an apostrophe do I trust them with live fire and meat? lol

Brisket 

give it a whirl you might be surprised, for the price it’s not bad at all!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/07/2023 at 16:06, Stadt said:

I don't often wax lyrical about restaurants/food but the Royal Arms in Sutton Cheney was great yesterday. Very reasonable pricing for 2023 too. 

On your recommendation, we've been for lunch today. Superb food and a lovely place. I'd also highly recommend it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

On your recommendation, we've been for lunch today. Superb food and a lovely place. I'd also highly recommend it. 

If you are over that way again try Hercules Revived 

Fantastic 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

If you are over that way again try Hercules Revived 

Fantastic 

Agree - prefer that to the Black Horse at Bosworth who's pricing has just gone mental for what you get.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Is it worth going to over some of the better small curry houses about? 

I’d say so,  Mumbai Inn is my favourite but Mem Saab was a cut above food wise. Nice pint of Sagres in there too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Anyone been to The Frame? Going on Friday, the menu looks quiet limited.

Yeah, most enjoyable meal I've had in ages. Not sure if it was the food, or just that it was busy, but thought it had a great vibe.

Lamb Kofta was very good. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Tap and Run, Stuart Broad's place nr Melton for Sunday Lunch, recommend it. We had a starter to share, 2 mains 2 dessert, 2 alcoholic drinks and 2 coffees, £105, bit steep for sunday lunch is the only drawback.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Went to Tap and Run, Stuart Broad's place nr Melton for Sunday Lunch, recommend it. We had a starter to share, 2 mains 2 dessert, 2 alcoholic drinks and 2 coffees, £105, bit steep for sunday lunch is the only drawback.  

Had this place on my list for a little while now, good to know 👍

On 13/02/2024 at 15:12, Tommy G said:

Went there just before it burnt down :ph34r:

Didn't eat, had a couple of beers. Very nice,  busy too. 

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 1