Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

Tis sad the Case. 

I once took my mum and a couple of aunts there on a Friday before Christmas. One of my aunts ordered a Snakebite lol and then proceeded to drop it all over the table before the starters even arrived. 

I went to book last Christmas but the website was useless and no-one ever picked up the phone. Signs were there. 

On 15/07/2023 at 10:39, FoyleFox said:

Off to do that adventure golf on Granby St in a couple of weeks. Any suggestions of places to eat nearby? It's just a casual meal with friends. Went to Mogwli last time and aside from seeing Nugent, wasn't that impressed. Street view shows me Kayal and Santhi, very close. Any good?

To answer my own question, booked Kayal. Very impressed, food was superb. Will definitely be revisiting.

On 24/07/2023 at 09:56, Lako42 said:

FFS 

Always liked that place, different to anything else around the city. 

Leicester can't sustain anything decent 

Manhattan 34 gone now. Ok a bar - not a restaurant - but an all too rare decent place that's gone pop. 

I think the city might be simply too multi cultural to sustain a.nightime economy like other cities do, filled with upmarket restaurants and bars. London road is always buzzing, full of exotic 'all you can eat' pile it high sell it cheap gaffs and/or no alcohol served. But higher end places don't have a chance. 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, sharpylcfc said:

Don't think we need to have a new entrance to the station to be honest, I thought our entrance was quite unique.

The current facade along London road remains. It's gonna be shop and food outlets. 

The new exit/entrance is a much better idea to open out onto more of an open plaza rather than the current confusing whoosh of traffic and noise you get upon exiting 

Just now, Paninistickers said:

The current facade along London road remains. It's gonna be shop and food outlets. 

The new exit/entrance is a much better idea to open out onto more of an open plaza rather than the current confusing whoosh of traffic and noise you get upon exiting 

Exiting the station to be met by Elizabeth House and the Premier Inn

:nigel:

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Went to Kayal tonight and after hearing a lot of good things, it didn’t really move me. Decent enough but had better curries 

Speaking of curries it was the national curry awards a few days ago. Winners included Mem-saab, Paddy's marten Inn, Kayal & avatar.

I used to love the Paddy's a decade a go but has been on the decline the last few years.

Guest Sideshow Faes
On 30/07/2023 at 14:20, Paninistickers said:

Manhattan 34 gone now. Ok a bar - not a restaurant - but an all too rare decent place that's gone pop. 

I think the city might be simply too multi cultural to sustain a.nightime economy like other cities do, filled with upmarket restaurants and bars. London road is always buzzing, full of exotic 'all you can eat' pile it high sell it cheap gaffs and/or no alcohol served. But higher end places don't have a chance. 

Multi culturalism is not a reason for this.

Leicester has been massively multi cultural for decades 

It's happened for one reason: nobody has the same level of spare £s as they had before. Businesses going under is not a surprise.

2 minutes ago, Sideshow Faes said:

Multi culturalism is not a reason for this.

Leicester has been massively multi cultural for decades 

It's happened for one reason: nobody has the same level of spare £s as they had before. Businesses going under is not a surprise.

Demographic has changed a lot more since 2008, yes having less money is a factor, but people aren’t just talking about Ugandan Asians when they mention Leicester’s multiculturalism. The West of Leicester has changed beyond recognition. 

• Like 1