Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

6 hours ago, goose2010 said:

looking for somewhere decent to eat, probably out of the city. I'm Hinckley based so happy to drive a few miles. 

I havent been out into the sticks for so long not sure what decent village pubs / restaurants are about these days? 

Any suggestions ? 

Pesto @ the white horse, Desford.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Pesto @ the white horse, Desford.

It's good food and good atmosphere the one time I went a few years ago, but heard from a few locals that way saying it's has a very small kitchen and most of the food is cooked via a microwave and hence food can be 'pot luck'.

Edited by Wymsey

6 hours ago, goose2010 said:

looking for somewhere decent to eat, probably out of the city. I'm Hinckley based so happy to drive a few miles. 

I havent been out into the sticks for so long not sure what decent village pubs / restaurants are about these days? 

Any suggestions ? 

The White Horse in Market Bosworth is a good shout; often has a pie and wine night deal on certain days or the Hercules Revived at Dadlington.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Thanks for the recommendation we decided to go here last night. It was superb one of the best meals out I've had in a long time! 

Nice one, I haven’t been for ages and definitely need to go back. I did check out the reviews though and all seem to be very positive still.

Edited by Unabomber

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/05/2023 at 20:53, Wymsey said:

The White Horse in Market Bosworth is a good shout; often has a pie and wine night deal on certain days or the Hercules Revived at Dadlington.

Presume you mean the black horse - agreed you need to catch it on one of the deal nights as post covid it's gone ferociously expensive. I went to the Hercules on the first bank hol and can vouch its still good, best part of a tonne for 2 x sun lunch and 2 drinks each mind.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 03/05/2023 at 14:12, Greg2607 said:

Barnacles??  Ascoffs in Harborough is good..... I guess it all depends what your budget is!! Turpins in Twycross too is solid enough. 

Went to Ascoughs in MH last week. Top top restaurant, never been disappointed. Albeit i did have to ask what some of the things on the menu were :D 

21 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Maurizios last night, absolutely kills me that place.

I’m sure I’ve told the story of me walking in on his daughter having a shit as she left the door wide open…. Well guess what happened to my mate last night lol 

Also had the waiter drop a knife on my mates bald head and cut him 😂😂😂 10/10 would recommend.

They dropped my partners dinner on the way to the table and then dropped the dish they remade again on the kitchen floor. I’d still recommend it to anyone, unbelievable place 

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Off to do that adventure golf on Granby St in a couple of weeks. Any suggestions of places to eat nearby? It's just a casual meal with friends. Went to Mogwli last time and aside from seeing Nugent, wasn't that impressed. Street view shows me Kayal and Santhi, very close. Any good?