Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

It was my wife’s birthday…. I booked restaurant 263 and we went last night with some friends

We had a good night…. The food was really fantastic and we had the accompanying  wines…

The service was shambolic it took newly 4 hours to get through the taster menu and anything the lacklustre and disorganised service could get wrong, they got wrong…. It was borderline comical…. 

it’s so frustrating as they have the tricky bit right…. There clearly some talented chefs, but lord only knows who’s trained the front of house staff???

At £75 a head including wine, they need to get that bit right…

13 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

What’s the best Turkish restaurant in Leicester that serves beer?

We get food from Nazar BBQ house in Evington village.

That doesnt answer your question I know🤣🤣🤣👍

• 1 month later...
On 08/10/2023 at 17:36, Wolfox said:

It was my wife’s birthday…. I booked restaurant 263 and we went last night with some friends

We had a good night…. The food was really fantastic and we had the accompanying  wines…

The service was shambolic it took newly 4 hours to get through the taster menu and anything the lacklustre and disorganised service could get wrong, they got wrong…. It was borderline comical…. 

it’s so frustrating as they have the tricky bit right…. There clearly some talented chefs, but lord only knows who’s trained the front of house staff???

At £75 a head including wine, they need to get that bit right…

On the bright side, that's only £18.75 an hour.

• Haha 1

Booked merchant of Venice at weekend. Walked in and found it a really weird atmosphere. Hardly anyone in. I’m fussy and don’t like tomato’ and every pasta dish was tomato so we left. 
that’s on me I know. Emded

up in mowgli and thought the food was excellent 

1 hour ago, FLAN said:

Booked merchant of Venice at weekend. Walked in and found it a really weird atmosphere. Hardly anyone in. I’m fussy and don’t like tomato’ and every pasta dish was tomato so we left. 

Granby street or Loseby lane? Former is great, latter is odd.

Edited by Stadt

29 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Probably the most authentic Italian in the city, cracking place. 

45 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Probably the most authentic Italian in the city, cracking place. 

Never seen a restaurant decorated like that in Italy or banging out full English breakfasts like the Granby Street one does. 

I'd say Casa Romana is whilst Maurizio's hilariously Neapolitan (but don't expect any stiff upper lip service)

10 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Never seen a restaurant decorated like that in Italy or banging out full English breakfasts like the Granby Street one does. 

I'd say Casa Romana is whilst Maurizio's hilariously Neapolitan (but don't expect any stiff upper lip service)

Opinions I guess, they will do other food that isn't italian to cater for some takings at breakfast time - noone wants traditional italian for breakfast, but what is italian on the menu is very good, if you know what I mean. Apologies if I didn't make that point explicit enough. 

If you rub up the reviews of Casa Romana againt MoV you'll see MoV is more popular. 

Edited by Tommy G

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

Opinions I guess, they will do other food that isn't italian to cater for some takings at breakfast time - noone wants traditional italian for breakfast, but what is italian on the menu is very good, if you know what I mean. Apologies if I didn't make that point explicit enough. 

If you rub up the reviews of Casa Romana againt MoV you'll see MoV is more popular. 

Of course it's opinions. Just wouldn't have MoV as overly authentic - Oggi as well is high up in their authenticity of it's Italian cooking. 

• 3 weeks later...