Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I like Maurizio's it's definitely fantastic food and I agree with the consensus on the charm of the place. 

I'd say Peter's, for me, is slightly better pizza though. 

Not that I'd complain about going to either. Both great. 

I like it there too, just a shame there is never anyone in.

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Was it carnage? My favourite visit was being served by a woman who didn’t work there and she was holding her kid.

When he had his takeaway place a couple of years ago the only way to order was via text message. Hard work trying to get an answer at what time it needed to be collected. Just always replied with a 🍕🇮🇹 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

When he had his takeaway place a couple of years ago the only way to order was via text message. Hard work trying to get an answer at what time it needed to be collected. Just always replied with a 🍕🇮🇹 

Yeah totally nuts. You’d walk in and virtually his pizza oven is next to the door 

9 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I like Maurizio's it's definitely fantastic food and I agree with the consensus on the charm of the place. 

I'd say Peter's, for me, is slightly better pizza though. 

Not that I'd complain about going to either. Both great. 

Martins Bros just off Queens Road is better than both imho 

10 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Lol yes he did. I woke up one morning to a 2am text from him saying I hadn’t paid for the pizza I had the night before 😂 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

looking for somewhere decent to eat, probably out of the city. I'm Hinckley based so happy to drive a few miles. 

I havent been out into the sticks for so long not sure what decent village pubs / restaurants are about these days? 

Any suggestions ? 

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

looking for somewhere decent to eat, probably out of the city. I'm Hinckley based so happy to drive a few miles. 

I havent been out into the sticks for so long not sure what decent village pubs / restaurants are about these days? 

Any suggestions ? 

Barnacles??  Ascoffs in Harborough is good..... I guess it all depends what your budget is!! Turpins in Twycross too is solid enough. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Any suggestions ? 

We used to like the Royal Redgate on the A5 between Hinckley and Atherstone, really lovely food and a nice interior. They do a steak night on Tuesdays that is decent value, at least it was a few years ago.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

Barnacles??  Ascoffs in Harborough is good..... I guess it all depends what your budget is!! Turpins in Twycross too is solid enough. 

Barnacles was an option but i am there tonight with work so don't fancy it twice in a few days. 

Never been to Ascoffs will check it out. 

7 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

We used to like the Royal Redgate on the A5 between Hinckley and Atherstone, really lovely food and a nice interior. They do a steak night on Tuesdays that is decent value, at least it was a few years ago.

It is still really good! was only there a few weeks ago :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Any suggestions ? 

It's probably been a few years since I've been but for a good curry The Windsor Tiffin in Burbage used to be amazing.

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Any suggestions ? 

Windmill Inn Brascote