Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Decent restaurants in and around town?

7 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Tamatanga last night, wasn’t hugely impressed which was a shame.

Yeah it's not exactly authentic or independent it's just okay.

Anyone been to Harrow  in Thurmaston? 

3 hours ago, Raj said:

Yeah it's not exactly authentic or independent it's just okay.

Anyone been to Harrow  in Thurmaston? 

I’d been before and it was nice but this time most of the dishes were bland and they seamed to add a shit load of chilli to every dish on the table which was bizarre.

20 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’d been before and it was nice but this time most of the dishes were bland and they seamed to add a shit load of chilli to every dish on the table which was bizarre.

We went 3 kilns last year and I spent most of the next day on the bog.

Feck knows why they decide to just whack a load of chillies on

16 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

A while back now so maybe its changed but was standard pub grub. 

Think it's now another indian pub type Paddys inn style.

Just now, Raj said:

We went 3 kilns last year and I spent most of the next day on the bog.

Feck knows why they decide to just whack a load of chillies on

Think it's now another indian pub type Paddys inn style.

Oh its certainly changed then. I used to live around the corner so went in there often and it was pretty standard. Wish it had been Indian then :( 

• Like 1

I went Paddy’s last night- the food was excellent but it’s so expensive now. It’s also the second time they’ve tried to swindle me on the bill.

Think the Harrow Inn is the same people who took over the Three Crowns in Barrow (previous owners). It was pretty rubbish when they ran it. There’s a new owner at the Three Crowns now who is also doing Indian food and it’s decent. 

18 minutes ago, Chris_OGrady said:

I went Paddy’s last night- the food was excellent but it’s so expensive now. It’s also the second time they’ve tried to swindle me on the bill.

Think the Harrow Inn is the same people who took over the Three Crowns in Barrow (previous owners). It was pretty rubbish when they ran it. There’s a new owner at the Three Crowns now who is also doing Indian food and it’s decent. 

Which indian type pubs do you recommend( I know you are abit of a connoisseur!)

We are going Broadway  Thursday so will check that out.

We liked Rose and Crown on the A47 Houghton on the hill and it's really nice

Edited by Raj

23 hours ago, Raj said:

Which indian type pubs do you recommend( I know you are abit of a connoisseur!)

We are going Broadway  Thursday so will check that out.

We liked Rose and Crown on the A47 Houghton on the hill and it's really nice

Broadway is pretty decent!

My favourite 3 are probably Paddy's (even though it's expensive now), Little Club Bar and Grill, and Ghurka New Delhi in Mountsorrel (partly because it's closer to me and I can go to The Swan and Sorrel Fox for a beer).

There's loads of other decent ones though (Three Kilns, What A Shot, Indian Queen, The Taj). It's quite fun just trying a different one each time. I'm off to Birmingham next month to see what the competition is like! 

3 minutes ago, Chris_OGrady said:

Broadway is pretty decent!

My favourite 3 are probably Paddy's (even though it's expensive now), Little Club Bar and Grill, and Ghurka New Delhi in Mountsorrel (partly because it's closer to me and I can go to The Swan and Sorrel Fox for a beer).

There's loads of other decent ones though (Three Kilns, What A Shot, Indian Queen, The Taj). It's quite fun just trying a different one each time. I'm off to Birmingham next month to see what the competition is like! 

This will be next on our list then after Broadway on Thursday👍🏾

We used to got to Moseley Rd and Ladypool Rd areas of Brum when I was much much younger and there were loads of good ones. Imagine there will be an abundance to choose from. Keep us informed as your the Foxestalk Rick Stein of indian restaurants 😁

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Yeh it's a bit of a dump but the curry is superb - best about. 

Wouldn't necessarily say its a dump compared to others?

Have you been recently?

13 minutes ago, Raj said:

Wouldn't necessarily say its a dump compared to others?

Have you been recently?

Went about 6 months ago - sorry not the place, just the area around it! It's a gem for food I'd 100% go again.

Just watched Rick Stein in Leicester and he went to what looked like a shack serving various street foods but we couldn't work out where it is. Did anyone else see it that knows it's location?

He also went to Bobby's. It looked excellent and we're thinking of going. Any opinions, folks? Maybe @Raj, you have been?