Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Spurs FA Cup 4th Round Post Match Thread 1 - 2

Bought a new car, my daughter has given out her wedding date, my sons girlfriend has her job application confirmed,

my 2nd daughter has her, Uni move confirmed, my youngest daughter has her 1st phase Abbi exams(A-level) behind her, with good feelings....Then CITY BEAT SPURS AWAY.

Negative fox-forum posters , got shat on...

If I can now win the lotto, week will be complete.

Congratulations on all of that: sounds like a great weekend. And fvck off all of the "we're shit and we know we are" FT posters.

What a great result. Why can't people just celebrate and rejoice after the Stoke shambles of last week. It's so depressing having to read infantile armchair manager's perpetuating their feuds with other posters with their "I told you so" bollocks and stupid point scoring. Just enjoy your night out tonight and keep dreaming of a trip to Wembley, which was our second home not so long ago.

It's not bollocks, and it's not stupid points scoring.

There are twats on this forum who jump to conclusions as soon as things start to go against us. Read the Spurs match thread, and see how many fvckwits were saying things like "We're out of both cups and bottom of the league. Pearson out" and "What kind of tactics are these, what kind of team selection is this, Pearson out" and "Ulloa, Kramaric, Moore, Drinkwater, Nugent, King etc etc etc are sh1t. Pearson out."  and (unbelievably) "This is worse that when Levein was the manager". And that was before half time, for Christ's sake.

They were all proved brilliantly and spectacularly wrong today, just as they will be proved spectacularly wrong when we finish the season in 14th or 15th place. I'm not perpetuating any feuds, because I don't do feuds: But I do think some posters should open their eyes to what a brilliant time we are having, and what a fighting spirit we have in this team.

It's not bollocks, and it's not stupid points scoring.

There are twats on this forum who jump to conclusions as soon as things start to go against us. Read the Spurs match thread, and see how many fvckwits were saying things like "We're out of both cups and bottom of the league. Pearson out" and "What kind of tactics are these, what kind of team selection is this, Pearson out" and "Ulloa, Kramaric, Moore, Drinkwater, Nugent, King etc etc etc are sh1t. Pearson out."  and (unbelievably) "This is worse that when Levein was the manager". And that was before half time, for Christ's sake.

They were all proved brilliantly and spectacularly wrong today, just as they will be proved spectacularly wrong when we finish the season in 14th or 15th place. I'm not perpetuating any feuds, because I don't do feuds: But I do think some posters should open their eyes to what a brilliant time we are having, and what a fighting spirit we have in this team.

But last week they were proved spectacularly "right." And you are now point scoring against the opposite view. Can't we all just unite for one week?  

I'm new to this forum but I now fancy City's chances further...

Premier League Team FA Cup status

1 Chelsea OUT
2 Man City OUT
3 Southampton OUT
4 Man Utd REPLAY
5 Arsenal STILL TO PLAY
6 Tottenham OUT
7 West Ham STILL TO PLAY
8 Liverpool REPLAY
9 Swansea OUT
10 Stoke STILL TO PLAY
11 Newcastle OUT
12 Everton OUT
13 Crystal Palace THROUGH
14 West Brom THROUGH
15 Aston Villa STILL TO PLAY
16 Sunderland REPLAY
17 Burnley OUT
18 Hull OUT
19 QPR OUT
20 Leicester THROUGH

at the KP, they seemed to tire in midfield as the game wore on and our two against their three counted for less the further it went. was it similar today?  if we are to continue being outnumbered in midfield, we do run the risk of being too many down before our fitness seems to tell. last week against stoke, was clear that DD and AK were struggling with fitness. was it different today? 

perhaps pearson is thinking that with krama and ulloa up top we will convert those half chances that have gone begging all season and can afford to go 2 v 3 in the midfiled

What a finish to the game, a game in which we played ok as a team, a few individuals struggled but we managed to stay in and steal at the end. Delighted that Schlupp got the winner, a goal his performance deserved. 

Positive performances from Schwarzer, Morgan, Simpson and Wasyl, Drinkwater and King really struggled, Vardy shouldn't bhave been played out wide, Ulloa had a real mixed bag (lovely finish though) and Kramaric showed some nice touches. Nugent was effective when he came on, linked up the play, Schlupp was maginificent, not everything came off but he was positive, committed and impressive adjustment for his goal.

Fans were ok on the whole, the scenes after the winner were memorable. This cup matters to the fans, that's for sure.

MP also right about Ulloa today. Total donkey performance but boy does he know where the net is.

Agreed. Frustrating all round performance from him, but cracking finish. Needs to do that more often, had a couple of chances in similar circumstances- one touch then hit, often it's one touch and momentum and space lost.

Why the hell are we not starting albrighton. I thought he was class today when he came on.

I have to agree. Gave a completely different dimension. I can see Kramaric really enjoying getting on the end of some of those low, whipped in, balls!

Agreed. Frustrating all round performance from him, but cracking finish. Needs to do that more often, had a couple of chances in similar circumstances- one touch then hit, often it's one touch and momentum and space lost.

Thought he was excellent today.balls hit to him 30 times a match,head ,chest,knees.of course he will not control all of them but he's always available and takes a battering every game

Without him we would be on about 5 points and out of the cup.has scored more than van Persie,Falcao

and all England's current strikers .fantastic season from ulloa for me

Ulloa is underrated. Which is bizarre for a player who's scored so many of our goals.

works hard for the team AND our only real goalscorer whom without his goals we would already have an R next to our name.

Love him

Thought he was excellent today.balls hit to him 30 times a match,head ,chest,knees.of course he will not control all of them but he's always available and takes a battering every game

Without him we would be on about 5 points and out of the cup.has scored more than van Persie,Falcao

and all England's current strikers .fantastic season from ulloa for me

Taking a battering does not equate to being excellent.

His hold-up play leaves a lot to be desired. It's better than probably anybody we've had since Howard, but that's not saying much. 

Basically I'm coming to terms with the fact that he's a better version of Chris Wood. Both are great finishers but the fact that they are both big, strong lads seems to convince our players/coaching staff to smash the ball at them 30 times a game and expect them to control it. It's a bloody hard job, but he's not particularly good at that aspect of the game. When he does get it under control it takes him forever to release it.

Brilliant finisher though, absolutely outstanding goal today and he is clearly first choice striker, especially when he doesn't have to come deep for the ball (i.e. when we don't start both him and Vardy in a "2").

I'm new to this forum but I now fancy City's chances further...

Premier League Team FA Cup status

1 Chelsea OUT
2 Man City OUT
3 Southampton OUT
4 Man Utd REPLAY
5 Arsenal STILL TO PLAY
6 Tottenham OUT
7 West Ham STILL TO PLAY
8 Liverpool REPLAY
9 Swansea OUT
10 Stoke STILL TO PLAY
11 Newcastle OUT
12 Everton OUT
13 Crystal Palace THROUGH
14 West Brom THROUGH
15 Aston Villa STILL TO PLAY
16 Sunderland REPLAY
17 Burnley OUT
18 Hull OUT
19 QPR OUT
20 Leicester THROUGH

That is an amazing set of results: only three PL teams definitely through to the fifth round. Including the might Lestuh!

Archived