Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue will

Kramaric

Looked decent in spells... being ridiculously over praised by some though.

I'm pretty sure you said the same about Mahrez and Knockaert and every other new signing that was obviously better than what we had at the time.

You challenge criticism of the likes of Nugent yet people are going overboard with Kramaric? I've not seen anyone say he's the next Messi but he's quite clearly got a touch and a technique that sets him apart from our other players. He gets his head up well, he's clever, he's finished accurately from mid distance and with his head working off scraps in recent games.

Only thing I've seen him outright **** up was that sidefoot in to row zed yesterday but that's trickier than it looks and I've not seen anybody mention the stunner he almost whipped in to the top corner early doors yesterday of his own design.

Why downplay his ability? He's clearly quite gifted and destined for bigger things than us.

Completely agree. After all the hype I thought he'd be stupendously amazing. He's been a little underwhelming although the style of play obv doesnt help.

What are people expecting?

1. All praise given to him is in the context of a Leicester player. We've obviously not just signed the next Ronaldo whilst rock bottom.

2. He gets near **** all service. We'd make the real Ronaldo look crap playing isolated in a 541. What would he need to do?

I don't think the praise for him have been extreme, I think some people just have expectations that are beyond us. Likewise with Mahrez and even Ulloa (who's had some stupidly extreme criticism lately given how, frankly, prolific he's been for us on scraps.)

I'm pretty sure you said the same about Mahrez and Knockaert and every other new signing that was obviously better than what we had at the time.

That's not the case at all. I was glowing about both I believe, but I also pointed out the flaws like Knockaerts obvious lack of pace.

You challenge criticism of the likes of Nugent yet people are going overboard with Kramaric?

Yes and Yes... I will challenge unfair critisism and will challenge over the top praise. I'll call it as I see and treat each player the same.

I've not seen anyone say he's the next Messi but he's quite clearly got a touch and a technique that sets him apart from our other players.

He's been labelled world class and bummed left right and centre.

He gets his head up well, he's clever, he's finished accurately from mid distance and with his head working off scraps in recent games.

Yes he does, but then he also gets the ball and numerous times loses it though poor control. I'm not going to ignore errors like some wish to. I've said he's shown some real class, enough to see he'll be a good player, but I'm not going to go overboard. I'll treat him how I treat the rest of them. As I said, I've seen people making excuses for him, where someone like Nugent for example would have got slaughtered.

Only thing I've seen him outright **** up was that sidefoot in to row zed yesterday but that's trickier than it looks and I've not seen anybody mention the stunner he almost whipped in to the top corner early doors yesterday of his own design.

Well I've seen more than one, he's missed a couple of easy chances Spurs to name one. Decent save but again, if that had been any other striker they would have been slaughtered on here. I've not slaughtered him for it, just as I wouldn't anyone else. But you get people praising someone for one thing, and slating someone else for the same thing and I think that's unfair.

The example from yesterday highlights exactly my point. It was good play to get himself the shooting position, it was an ok attempt but basically a miss. It was labeled "unlucky" in the match thread... a miss is a miss, I don't see how it was unlucky. 

Why downplay his ability?

I'm not purposely downplaying anything, he's been decent but I don't currently believe he's being judged the same way people judge other players.

Perhaps because I missed the Arsenal game (apparently his best) my view is currently slightly different.

The guy looks class, the balls sticks to his foot and seems to be able to fashion a chance out of nothing. Was it just me or did anyone else notice that he only seemed to want to pass to Konchesky yesterday haha. If we do go down and managed to hold onto him then I could see him hitting 30-35 goals.

I imagine he's got a relegation release clause anyway so if we did go down he'd be off.

The guy looks class, the balls sticks to his foot and seems to be able to fashion a chance out of nothing. Was it just me or did anyone else notice that he only seemed to want to pass to Konchesky yesterday haha. If we do go down and managed to hold onto him then I could see him hitting 30-35 goals.

I imagine he's got a relegation release clause anyway so if we did go down he'd be off.

Konchesky actually got into Everton's half well and was available to receive the ball a lot more than Schlupp & Mahrez (???) was, Konch's issue is then what he does with the ball

He's adapting well, the way he chased down that Everton player for 30-40M and muscled him off the ball is something he would never have done 6 months ago.

I think even though the 5 at the back isn't looking bad, you'd get more out of the team if you put an extra man in the middle, be it someone that can watch Cambiasso's back while he goes forward, or Nugent.

As for him passing to Konchesky a lot, Rijeka has the best LB and RB in the league that spend most of their time in the opposition half, and passing to them a lot is something he's done every game for a few years, so that probably has something to do with it.

Let's face it, if we get relegated and even if he does somehow stay with us for the start of next season, no doubt he'll bang in about 15-20 goals and then someone will snap him up in January.

If (when?) we go down, he won't be coming with us, I'll be amazed if he doesn't have a relegation clause, or indeed end up at Chelsea due to a 'previous agreement'.

If (when?) we go down, he won't be coming with us, I'll be amazed if he doesn't have a relegation clause, or indeed end up at Chelsea due to a 'previous agreement'.

Nobody wanted to pay £6.3 - £9.5 for him before, so unless he pulls up trees they won't want to if we get relegated either. We'll want our money back on him and won't let him go for nothing.

The Chelsea things doesn't make much sense to me either. He'll still be in the situation he didn't want to be in if he goes there eg. not playing

Nobody wanted to pay £6.3 - £9.5 for him before, so unless he pulls up trees they won't want to if we get relegated either. We'll want our money back on him and won't let him go for nothing.

The Chelsea things doesn't make much sense to me either. He'll still be in the situation he didn't want to be in if he goes there eg. not playing

I thought Chelsea would pay that much but Kramaric & his agent/father decided he'd get more time playing for us here so chose us?

I don't think it'd be quite the same situation. Isn't Drogba only on a 1-year contract? Both he and Remy would be second-fiddle to Costa but that's obvious.

Who then, Ulloa to stand there like a lampost like he seems to do most games or Nugent to miscontrol everything that comes to him?

I'd say nugent is still by far the best link player we have, and proves it over and over again.

But I suppose that's saying something.

Archived