Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Man City 2-Leices 0 Post match thread.

Can't understand the hate for Pearson tonight, Nuge and Vardy made an instant impact against Everton and when they came on again we got forward much quicker. An overall very good performance but disgusting refereeing denied us any chance of taking a point or three tonight.

Because simple stuff still doesn't happen and stupid things constantly happen....

Defensively frail,

No control in midfield

No threat upfront

Hardly any movement from anyone which means players like mahrez had to constantly run diagonally up the field to get someone to move...

Still cannot defend or attack set pieces,

Still cannot cross a ball or deliver a corner...

Just still average in all areas... And that lies to down to the manager, we know the players aren't this bad, they don't look motivated most of the time,

Off the ball our positioning is a disgrace to football, and consistently making the most ridiculous substitutions...

It's even worse when the fans are predicting Nigel's decisions before he's made them,

He has his "favourites" and nothing changes that, and all in all he's just got a huge ego...

Funnily enough I respect him... I just don't think he deserves to manage us anymore.

He's a victim of his own success. We've just transitioned from being pretty dull in the Championship to being very exciting in the Championship, to being very dull in the Premier League during Nigel's second spell. We're still better off than we were during the Sven/Sousa run and under the management of eight or so managers prior to Pearson's first run.

So in other words, his management has been pants in the Premier League, which it undoubtedly has been, and hes now undone all his good work and put us back to nil points in the championship. Amazing progress. Truly amazing.

People will moan about bad luck etc. fook bad luck, we shouldn't be playing against Man City away needing to win.

Blame is squarely on the owners. Bottled the big decision in getting rid of Pearson last year, and now we'll be playing Rotherham next season.

I am afraid your comments Tuna are fairly typical in this age of instant gratification. I have been following City for some 50 years now and I seriously feel that Pearson is one of the best managers we have ever had. On work rate and all round play we can hold our own with the majority of teams in this league. We are NOT a bad footballing team, What has let us down badly every week is our inability to finish and awful mistakes that result in goals, nothing more. 

One cannot blame the manager for either situation. Pearson has created a very decent team. Who possess not a fair bit of skill. On footballing terms we should be midway in the table.If we do go down, we will be one of the best teams ever to be relegated.

I know many of you will howl for Pearson to be sacked, but you are carried away by your emotions and disappointment. 

He's a victim of his own success. We've just transitioned from being pretty dull in the Championship to being very exciting in the Championship, to being very dull in the Premier League during Nigel's second spell. We're still better off than we were during the Sven/Sousa run and under the management of eight or so managers prior to Pearson's first run.

Don't you get a bit tired of trotting out the line about 8 mamangers?

Where exactly has he improved as a manger this season?

It's the same basic errors by him every week.

We didn't play well for gods sake, Man City barely had to do anything, it was piss easy for them. Kramaric as usual was left completely isolated when it's blatently ****ing obvious he can't play the loan striker role, so why the **** does he continue to play him like that?

The midfield had nothing because there wasn't enough support for them, Man City just popped the ball around as if it was a training session at times.

The defence does not require five at the back every ****ing week, it's as if we're playing to keep scores down every game, it's stupid, Nigel is ****ing clueless, we basically go out every week with no support, for the midfield or the strikers, we haven't got the playing staff to pull of these formations.

Did you see the match stats? If not, look at them. We were pretty much pulverised.

For me we're not going down because of lack of effort or even crap players, it's simply because of poor management decisions. I'm convinced under a good manager he would have been able to have got a good tune out of these players. Pearson is a good championship manager but is found out at this level.

Really??.. Shock Horror!!!!

We're making too many basic errors all over the park (and I'm not referring to the goals). I noticed tonight that we were taking an age to close down the man when man city had possession which allowed them lots of time and space on the ball to pick a pass. By comparison when we had possession, man city were straight on the man with the ball forcing us to panic and rush the pass.

Our build up play is shocking too, we don't stretch the plan enough and attack in numbers. This causes the attacking players to slow down the play whilst they await support but inadvertently allows the opposition to reform.

Basic basic errors are costing us big time. Very frustrated!

Man City looked nervous and out of form, but still found it an easy win against us.

Some odd substitutions again, and more costly individual errors again, but never mind we didn't get any points again, but we didn't get hammered.

Prior to kick off all the pressure was on man city, but we allowed them all of the possession, due to the way we set up.

Never expected to beat man city, but if we were to get a result there, now would have been the time, with the mounting media pressure on them.

People keep moaning we are unlucky, but when players who make errors every week that cost us, and never get dropped, why are we surprised the same negative results keep happening.

Well I for one am no less confident of survival that i was 5 games ago.

I said then (not including chelsea game) that our season would be saved in the last eight games, not the next 6

its not looking great, but if you give up then you may as well just come back for pre season. repeatedly saying "we're down" just makes you a douchebag!

So these are my thoughts, In the championship we ran away with the league.....why......because we had a really good squad with some technically good players. I don't actually think the Manager's influence had a massive effect one way or another. In the Premier League, its a different story, its much more of a mind game. We could have amazing players but decisions managers make have much more of an effect.

Pearson has been caught out with this, he is not a premier league manager, some of his decisions have been shocking to say the least. His stubbornness is unwarranted, he has proved nothing. I genuinely beleive that we do have the players to survive in this league and with a better manager we would. We should have change at Christmas, we would not be in this position with a more experienced, less stubborn, more technically astute manager.

I think its time to be realistic, we need to change him to give a new manager time to build his squad and get to know his team ready for next season in the Championship. Anyone who says that I need to get behind my team and stop Nige bashing/being pessimistic need to get their head checked. I just want us to get back in the Prem as soon as possible. That will only be achievable with a new more astute manager at the helm 

But then brings on Nugent who managed to miss the target from yards out, even though it was offside, and Vardy doing absolutely nothing. Mahrez and Kramaric looked a lot bigger threat then Vardy and Nugent.

But we didn't look a bigger threat with those players on the pitch mate. Krammy had run himself into the ground and Mahrez kept giving the ball away with his runs into danger.

Give credit where it's due, the pace of vardy and nuge opened up the game and we created our best chances with them on the pitch. Don't try and say otherwise. We had a game plan and it almost worked tbf. If even one of those blatent penaltys had been given it would have been a different story.

We were never going to do anything with such a defensive formation and personnel apart from invite pressure until the inevitable happened. It's a side set up for damage limitation or hope for a draw.

I've always been pro Pearson, but if he starts with the same personnel and formation against Hull then I will have finally lost patience. Go back to four at the back or pick full backs capable of creating an overlap in a 5 - and get Krammy some support up front.

To be fair if it wasn't for Schwarzer we would have conceded another 2 at least.

Of course if we had no goalkeeper then they would have scored more, but schwarzer didn't make any saves that you wouldn't expect from a premier league goalkeeper. People are saying he had a good game because for once, he didn't gift a goal away. Says it all

I still think the players are capable of being good enough at this level, however the manager hasn't got a clue! Same shit negative tactics every single week.

Put the idiot in charge of Barcelona and he'd relegate them. Hasn't the first clue!

Are you talking about the chance that Nugent had where he missed from about 5 yards?

Yes, and also the chance where James, Vardy and Nugent were 3 on 3 on the edge of the area. If you remember, your claim was that we had no chances after the subs.

I know many of you will howl for Pearson to be sacked, but you are carried away by your emotions and disappointment. 

I actually think the opposite, the Pearson-in crowd are more driven by emotion. It's quite logical to say the guy has been out of his depth this season. Although I'm tending towards the 'keep him for next season in the Championship' camp at the moment.

I don't care what anyone says, we did as well as we could have in that game. Their goals were disappointing, but we were threatening in the second half and should have had two penalties. 

Their squad cost the best part of a billion pounds to assemble. Just think about that for a second.

The next 4 games will decide our fate.

the next game will decide our fate!

I am afraid your comments Tuna are fairly typical in this age of instant gratification. I have been following City for some 50 years now and I seriously feel that Pearson is one of the best managers we have ever had. On work rate and all round play we can hold our own with the majority of teams in this league. We are NOT a bad footballing team, What has let us down badly every week is our inability to finish and awful mistakes that result in goals, nothing more. 

One cannot blame the manager for either situation. Pearson has created a very decent team. Who possess not a fair bit of skill. On footballing terms we should be midway in the table.If we do go down, we will be one of the best teams ever to be relegated.

I'm not sure if this is a wind up.... But I'll bite ..... Have you seen the league table??

It's almost like Pearson is taking us down on purpose...ridiculous though that sounds.

His subs couldn't have been much worse. Genuinely, it's like he looks at a situation and thinks..'how can I minimise our chances here'?

lol

You're right....that is utterly ridiculous.

Wierd , still looking at the remaining fixtures convinced we can still get 40 points! I know it won't happen but keep looking at the home games and Sunderland and Burnley away. This hope is a real killer! Will the season end like a damp squib or are we about to witness the the most amazing 2 months imaginable?

I know , I know it's unrealistic but that little bit of hope remains.

Archived