Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Man City 2-Leices 0 Post match thread.

You can tell the sort of people that phone into Radio Leicester when they can't even work out they're on the phone but excitedly telling people they're on the radio... :rolleyes:

Cue turning off of the radio.

Oh yeah and the game sounded a bit meh I don't think we challenged their goal at all. Boring

No matter how many chances we have, I never feel confident...

We need a new manager and new a philosophy, fresh ideas. Give ourselves a chance for next season in the championship. Warburton for me, give him a bit of training in the prem, we know he's capeable in the championship

Another game that absolutely typifies our season. That was a decent overall performance considering who we were against. We made a stupid  mistake which was absolutely crucial for the overall game. We couldn't take our chances, desperately unlucky to hit the post for what would've been an equaliser and no matter what happens, we will not get another penalty for the rest of this season.

I think we played really well. Defensively for most of the game we were superb and made them look quite ordinary. When they did get chances, Schwarzer's shot-stopping was different class tonight and I implore anyone to try and make a case for why we'd have been better off without him tonight (someone will definitely say "Hamer would have saved the goals as well" with no sense of irony, I'm sure).

We definitely had one nailed-on penalty shout when Kram's tumble in the box was deemed to be outside rather than inside the area which was an awful decision. Schlupp going down could have been a penalty as well but he did make it a look a bit dodgy. We hit the post, created one or two other half-chances, and gave a game to one of the best teams in the world.

The subs: so much vitriol directed at Pearson for his subs even though we looked better and had more going forward once Kram went off. Mahrez had to come off as he was totally shagged. 

It was lost from the start, where do i begin:

1.why do we play 5 at the back against ****ing man city for christ sake? they could probably beat a 6 man defence let alone 5, so why didnt we just go for it? we had nothing to lose wasn't expected to win the game was we?

2. why morgan!****ING WHY? DROP THE ****ER.

3. Should have had two penalties potentially? (which means shitty refereeing, against US in particular)

4.NP takes of kramaric and mahrez FFS! does he actually just give up and think **** it il take me best players off and bring on the ****ing cramp twins vards and nuge.

6.I dont particularly want good luck butnit would be nice to not have big ****off bad luck for 1 game.

I no we lost again but I still don't think we are the worst team in this division at all. We are just unlucky. Even if we get relegated. If we finish bottom its a misjustice! We have deserved better!

The table doesn't lie

1. Nobody expected us to get anything from the game. We lost away at one of the top teams in Europe. No disgrace in that

2. According to Lineker's tweet tonight, "Leicester are the unluckiest team ever in Premier League history" - true. And not Pearson's fault

3. To those who've slagged Swartzer off recently - he made some quality saves tonight

4. We can 'park the bus' with the best of them - Mourinio would be proud of us :)

5. It ain't over til it's over - keep the faith

Decent performance but no points completely lost any sort of threat when Ulloa came on for Mahrez. Why have Ulloa on and nobody to put a decent ball in to him.

Thought Schlupp did well as left wing back apart from one mistake in the box, not going to blame him for the first goal plenty of opportunity to win the ball before it finally fell to Silva.

I don't know what we have to do to win a penalty.

I can't wait for the day Wes no longer plays in a city shirt.  He has been shocking all season and was to blame for the second goal, he gave Milner way too much space and stopped watching him.

MS made some really good saves.  Once again a poor ref who bottles the two pens.

Shit substitutions cost us. Take off Mahrez and Kramaric when it was obvious that they are our two main attacking threats.

They were were terrible tonight, Mahrez kept giving the ball away and Krammy was isolated. I totally understand why he took them both off. You obviously didn't watch the game.

Alright me duck.

Outclassed again. Poor decision making, can't keep the ball and yet again wasted chances cost us.

How professional footballers can miss from less than 6 yards out is beyond me! Ah well.

We played some alright bits of football, we gave the. A game I suppose. But yet again we were undone by defenders jumping in unnecessarily.

I want to be positive, I really do. However, it's so hard when you watch us slowly killing ourselves off with silly errors at both ends of the pitch.

*sigh*

On the flip side, any points here would have been a bonus and we are still not out of it yet.(mathematically)

Look no one on here could honestly have expected us to beat Man City tonight. 2-0 is respectable and we move on. QPR have lost at home to Arsenal, Burnley are losing 2-0 away at Liverpool and there it is....the three teams that came up are going down.

It's becoming a bigger and bigger leap to make from the Championship.

It's the same every week 'if decisions went our way' or 'if we had a bit more luck' we can't keep saying the same things. At the end of the day it comes down to sticking the ball in the net and we miss too many chances. Teams play against us and get one chance and they take it.

Apart from his shot against the post Mahrez wasn't in it, Karamaric wasn't great either.

But then brings on Nugent who managed to miss the target from yards out, even though it was offside, and Vardy doing absolutely nothing. Mahrez and Kramaric looked a lot bigger threat then Vardy and Nugent.

We were never gonna win, regardless of all this be positive and keep the faith bollocks.

The big game is Hull, that's where it is really make or break; however if Hammond doesn't play in that game then we will lose.

I'm just tired of the 'proud of the lads', 'well it is Man City' attitude. It's ludicrous. Like we're a 3rd division team in the 5th round of the cup. Enough excuses now, please. Ok, Pearson's staying. Ok, we're going down. I accept it. But please stop trying to convince me we're unlucky, fvck off with the fine margins. We are already adrift, this is one of the crappest attempts we've had at the top division in our history.

And look who we are there with...the teams who came up with us.

Have you considered for just one moment that the gap has gotten bigger since our historical attempts at this division? We've been in the wilderness for years, incase you missed that.

As for 'wel its Man City'...what do you expect? They are the champions of England. Get some ****ing perspective.

Archived