Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Hull Pre Match Thread

I know he's been persisting with the 5 at the back but I can't see Pearson playing it for this one.

I can see this team being played:

Schwarzer

Simpson

Huth

Morgan

Konchesky

Mahrez

James

Cambiasso

Schlupp

Nugent

Kramaric

I wouldn't mind that team at all. The two changes from that I'd like would be Morgan replaced with Was and Simpson replaced with De Laet. However, he won't drop Morgan or Simpson so there we go.

I think he's continued with the 5 at the back because of circumstances (ie. playing bigger teams and playing them away from home). Personally, I won't be pleased if I see an unchanged side/formation.

Hull are hardly likely to come out all guns blazing. They'll be happy to avoid defeat. Thus I'm happy with the three centre backs and would instruct them not to cross the half way line

Huth / Upson / Was

Two attacking wing backs

De Laet / Schlupp

Two creative centre mids with James holding back as he can't shoot for toffee anyway, and Esteban relieved of defensive duties

Mahrez given a free rein

Nugent to break with pace so both behind and alongside Mahrez

So,

Keeper (literally don't mind which one)

De Laet

Schlupp

Huth

Was

Upson

James

Cambiasso

Mahrez

Nugent

Kramaric

Hull's run in is totally evil. Win this and it is very much game on for us.

Hull often play 352 but I still think we should go 442 and play a high tempo game like we did last year. Have gone for Nuge rather than Ulloa as he presses defenders well, can drop into midfield when needed and cos when Leo plays we just lump it. I'd go with the following:

Schwarzer (prefer Hamer but Schwarzer did well at the Etihad)

RDL

Huth

Wasilewski

Schlupp

Albrighton

James

Cambi

Mahrez

Kram

Nuge

Just watching the we are premier league video. So fvcked off that the buzz from last year has turned to shit.

Think we'll need a thread full of videos in the summer to get me through it.

Fvcksake.

Hull are hardly likely to come out all guns blazing. They'll be happy to avoid defeat. 

That's a tough one whether Hull would be happy with a point, you may well be right. We have to win if we're going to give ourselves a chance of catching them. Apart from Burnley at home they won't get a better chance to win for the rest of this season than against us.

Home Games

Chelsea

Liverpool

Arsenal

Burnley

Man Utd

Away Games

Leicester

Swansea

Southampton

Palace

Tottenham

If we beat them then we have every chance of catching them.

As we have to catch a Hull, Sunderland, or Villa to stay up then this is our biggest game of the run in for my money.

Looking at their run in, it's possible that they may identify this game as one of their few chances to get a win and may surprise us by going for it.

Pearson may decide that if we go 5 at the back, we shouldn't comcede against hull and therefore only need to get lucky at the other end to get the win. Would you be surprised if he set up 5-4-1? I woudnt

Is this the only home game in march

Yes - west ham is April 4

I'll be spitting feathers if we play five at the back with Konchesky and Simpson.

We need to start with two strikers and either 4-4-2 or two attack minded wing backs in 3-5-2.

I'm not one for using the term "must win game" at this stage of the season but a loss will put Hull out of sight and a win leaves them hugely vunerable to us overtaking them when you look at our respective run ins.

That Hull run in is utter filth. They will go for it at Leicester. That's the one favourable game in that run other than Burnley at home.

We've simply got to beat these. If we lose this then it will take one of the best comebacks ever to survive.

Dont really get Albrighton love in. Is it based on the assumption that he's bound to better than Schlupp when Schlupp is playing badly? He's hardly been anything special when I've seen him play...

Reminds me of the Simpson love in from October onwards when De Laet was in the first team and was shite therefore resulting in Simpson suddenly being the next Cafu just by doing nothing.

i'm going for a win...

if we lose to Hull @ home you can start looking forward to going to the shitty ground again next season..... simples

I also think theres far too much time between games which is upsetting us

i'm going for a win...

if we lose to Hull @ home you can start looking forward to going to the shitty ground again next season..... simples

I also think theres far too much time between games which is upsetting us

I can't fault that comment.

That and unless we win the league people just moan and some were when we won the league.

Dont really get Albrighton love in. Is it based on the assumption that he's bound to better than Schlupp when Schlupp is playing badly? He's hardly been anything special when I've seen him play...

Reminds me of the Simpson love in from October onwards when De Laet was in the first team and was shite therefore resulting in Simpson suddenly being the next Cafu just by doing nothing.

What people want is change, how many games have we started Schlupp and Mahrez, and it's come to nothing? The fact is we're fielding the same team pretty much week in week out whilst losing. Surely trying something different wound be disastrous.

Archived