Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
theessexfox

Hull Pre Match Thread

Just so we know, the good ones aren't his mates and the bad ones are. Gottcha. :rolleyes:

Kinda.

The good ones are there on merit and deserve their places, the mates and favourites is the only explanation as to why their keeping their places, got me?

We can't play 5 at the back and Cammby doesn't track back enough in a 4 man midfield. Its crying out for Hammond or Drinkwater alongside Cammby and James.

Pearson will play Morgan in CM before that happens.

In my opinion it's surely no coincidence that our better results came with Hammond in the starting line up. He goes fairly unnoticed, but must be effective sat in front of the back 4, and for me this would be a better option for the home games. 

In my opinion it's surely no coincidence that our better results came with Hammond in the starting line up. He goes fairly unnoticed, but must be effective sat in front of the back 4, and for me this would be a better option for the home games. 

It's a key tactic of top flight football, and for a good reason... it works!

Biggest game of the season, we have to go for broke...

post-18573-0-63681100-1425563172_thumb.p

What's the worst that can happen? If we get beaten 1-0 or 5-0 we're (almost certainly) down, so we should set out to be as attacking as possible and hopefully get the vital 3 points to give us some momentum going forwards.

I'm a big Pearson fan, even through some of the strange team selections this season, but if he plays 5 at the back for this one I may finally crack!

Is it me or does 9 days seem far too far away?

Balls to the defensive

Two up top

And go for it...

If we weren't making chances I'd agree with you, but there's nothing defensive about playing an extra man at the back providing the attacking players take advantage of it and join in the attack, where this has broke down is against the quality opposition Mahrez & Schlupp are having to do a backtracking job too

We could see greater attacking benefits from it in the upcoming games then against Arsenal away, against Baines/Coleman & then Man City, or he could throw it out the window and we return to the post-Utd dross that never worked either

I would like Pearson to go with this team starting from Hull at home till the end of the season to give it a right go of surviving.

Schmeichel (IF AVAILABLE) 

Simpson

Wasilewski (Morgan will probably start)

Huth

Schlupp (Konchesky will probably start)

Mahrez

James

Cambiasso

Vardy

Ulloa

Kramaric

Subs: Schwarzer, Morgan, De Laet, Drinkwater, King, Albrighton, Nugent

Defensive and Attacking wise probably our strongest starting 11 to try and win every game from now on.

What do you think people?

I would like Pearson to go with this team starting from Hull at home till the end of the season to give it a right go of surviving.

Schmeichel (IF AVAILABLE) 

Simpson

Wasilewski (Morgan will probably start)

Huth

Schlupp (Konchesky will probably start)

Mahrez

James

Cambiasso

Vardy

Ulloa

Kramaric

Subs: Schwarzer, Morgan, De Laet, Drinkwater, King, Albrighton, Nugent

Defensive and Attacking wise probably our strongest starting 11 to try and win every game from now on.

What do you think people?

i think you are being very brave to play three up front. they will get very bored as we will never have any possession to pass them the ball !

if you are proposing 4-3-3 with the ball and 4-5-1 without, then i think you made the wrong choices out wide.

If we're going to stay up we have to assume we'll finish above Burnley and QPR and one of the sides outside the relegation zone have a terrible end to the season. Hull look the likely candidate and this game is massive for both clubs. They have 9 pts on us so if they win then 12 pts will be extremely hard to catch but a win for us and six is very catchable with their run in. 

March 2015   Show last 5 matches and coverage Competition Fixture Date Kick-off Status Show Premier League

LeicestervHull

Sat 14 Mar 15:00   Show Premier League

HullvChelsea

Sun 22 Mar 16:00   April 2015   Show last 5 matches and coverage Competition Fixture Date Kick-off Status Show Premier League

SwanseavHull

Sat 4 Apr 15:00   Show Premier League

SouthamptonvHull

Sat 11 Apr 15:00   Show Premier League

HullvLiverpool

Sat 18 Apr 15:00   Show Premier League

Crystal PalacevHull

Sat 25 Apr 15:00   May 2015   Show last 5 matches and coverage Competition Fixture Date Kick-off Status Show Premier League

HullvArsenal

Sat 2 May 15:00   Show Premier League

HullvBurnley

Sat 9 May 15:00   Show Premier League

TottenhamvHull

Sat 16 May 15:00   Show Premier League

HullvMan Utd

Sun 24 May 15:00

If we're going to stay up we have to assume we'll finish above Burnley and QPR and one of the sides outside the relegation zone have a terrible end to the season. Hull look the likely candidate and this game is massive for both clubs. They have 9 pts on us so if they win then 12 pts will be extremely hard to catch but a win for us and six is very catchable with their run in. 

March 2015   Show last 5 matches and coverage Competition Fixture Date Kick-off Status Show Premier League

LeicestervHull

Sat 14 Mar 15:00   Show Premier League

HullvChelsea

Sun 22 Mar 16:00   April 2015   Show last 5 matches and coverage Competition Fixture Date Kick-off Status Show Premier League

SwanseavHull

Sat 4 Apr 15:00   Show Premier League

SouthamptonvHull

Sat 11 Apr 15:00   Show Premier League

HullvLiverpool

Sat 18 Apr 15:00   Show Premier League

Crystal PalacevHull

Sat 25 Apr 15:00   May 2015   Show last 5 matches and coverage Competition Fixture Date Kick-off Status Show Premier League

HullvArsenal

Sat 2 May 15:00   Show Premier League

HullvBurnley

Sat 9 May 15:00   Show Premier League

TottenhamvHull

Sat 16 May 15:00   Show Premier League

HullvMan Utd

Sun 24 May 15:00

The chances are they will pick up 4 points somewhere along the line which means even if we beat them we will still need to gain 10 points more than them over the rest of the season and then depend on goal difference.  The Sunderland v Villa game will be a big one for all at the bottom.

The chances are they will pick up 4 points somewhere along the line which means even if we beat them we will still need to gain 10 points more than them over the rest of the season and then depend on goal difference.  The Sunderland v Villa game will be a big one for all at the bottom.

Well if we beat them and don't get 10 pts from our last 10 games then we don't deserve to stay up.

Archived