Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Replica Kit 2015/16

Does the white shirt have a grey back to it? If so, it'll look wrong.

The blue shirt is ok, I'm hoping there's some trim on the blue part of the collar, and that the badges will be aligned properly in the proper version. The puma badge is clearly 2 inches too far to the right and an inch too high compared to the LCFC badge which itself is too high.

Would be much better with white shorts.

The issue with the blue shorts is not that we adults will have to wear them, it's that the team, Leicester City, who traditionally play in blue shirts and white shorts will have to wear them. I can accept that with shirts we just get any old generic template from a company and we'll be fed a load of marketing guff about how it represents X and is evocative of Y whilst combining 21st century some such shit with our 'proud history' of something else, but it will always be blue (except that one time we tried to look like Real Madrid under Bloomfield). However changing the shorts is either laziness of extreme proportions, as the company can't be arsed to change the manufacturing run from the default blue setting which uses up all the material, or a conscious disregard of heritage.

I know kits now are nothing more than advertising billboards and crude marketing product but I like to think we all go along with the gaudy spectacle of whoring out the club just so long as they don't **** about with the fundamentals, namely we're Leicester City, we play in blue shirts, white shorts, blue socks and we have a picture of a fox on the shirt.

The issue with the blue shorts is not that we adults will have to wear them, it's that the team, Leicester City, who traditionally play in blue shirts and white shorts will have to wear them. I can accept that with shirts we just get any old generic template from a company and we'll be fed a load of marketing guff about how it represents X and is evocative of Y whilst combining 21st century some such shit with our 'proud history' of something else, but it will always be blue (except that one time we tried to look like Real Madrid under Bloomfield). however changing the shorts is either laziness of extreme proportions, as the company can't be arsed to change the manufacturing run from the default blue setting which uses up all the material, or a conscious disregard of heritage.

I know kits now are nothing more than advertising billboards and crude marketing product but I like to think we all go along with the gaudy spectacle of whoring out the club just so long as they don't **** about with the fundamentals, namely we're Leicester City, we play in blue shirts, white shorts, blue socks and we have a picture of a fox on the shirt.

we've played in all blue before and it hasn't looked bad?

The issue with the blue shorts is not that we adults will have to wear them, it's that the team, Leicester City, who traditionally play in blue shirts and white shorts will have to wear them. I can accept that with shirts we just get any old generic template from a company and we'll be fed a load of marketing guff about how it represents X and is evocative of Y whilst combining 21st century some such shit with our 'proud history' of something else, but it will always be blue (except that one time we tried to look like Real Madrid under Bloomfield). However changing the shorts is either laziness of extreme proportions, as the company can't be arsed to change the manufacturing run from the default blue setting which uses up all the material, or a conscious disregard of heritage.

Or it's neither of those.  It's definitely not your first suggestion because that's plain batshit crazy and the opposite of the attitude the Srivadhannaprabha's (sp) have shown during their tenure.  It's not the second either because again, the owners have shown a lot of respect for club heritage and the fans and have given us no reason so far to think they'd try binning off the club's history, plus the fact that all-blue kits are part of our heritage.

It's a pair of shorts which are in the club's primary colour.  Get over it.

Or it's neither of those. It's definitely not your first suggestion because that's plain batshit crazy and the opposite of the attitude the Srivadhannaprabha's (sp) have shown during their tenure. It's not the second either because again, the owners have shown a lot of respect for club heritage and the fans and have given us no reason so far to think they'd try binning off the club's history, plus the fact that all-blue kits are part of our heritage.

It's a pair of shorts which are in the club's primary colour. Get over it.

All blue kits happen when the manufacturer has a process which requires minimal alterations to the process of manufacturing. You'll see clubs who traditional play all in one colour play in pinstripe because the manufacturer is making pin striped kits, you'll see sides who play in hoops or stripes suddenly play in all one block of colour because the manufacturer doesn't have the machines calibrated for hoops or stripes that season.

We 'should' have white stripes on the arm (just as Wolves have black) and that would result in white shorts as the manufacturer would have purchased the requisite material for the arm and shorts (just like wolves have black shorts) but we have blue which means the shorts are now blue.

Edited to say that you can see this in the templates posted a few pages back. Our 'clash' white home shorts are infact just our third kit white shorts. The home template is two colours blue and gold, hence blue and gold shorts, the third kit is white and blue, hence white and blue shorts. If we'd genuinely had white home shorts manufactured they'd be white with gold trim as that's the template.

Nice one, I'll get myself down there. Unfortunately I live far away! Any idea when they'll stop selling last season's?

There's quite a few LCFC shops dotted around Leicester also who will stock the shirt, I'd imagine they'll be in stock for a few months yet so you should have plenty of time. You could try finding out the phone number of one of these shops and ask if they could post you one, if not they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Edit - try jcsportsdirect.com mate, they're in stock.

All blue kits happen when the manufacturer has a process which requires minimal alterations to the process of manufacturing. You'll see clubs who traditional play all in one colour play in pinstripe because the manufacturer is making pin striped kits, you'll see sides who play in hoops or stripes suddenly play in all one block of colour because the manufacturer doesn't have the machines calibrated for hoops or stripes that season.

We 'should' have white stripes on the arm (just as Wolves have black) and that would result in white shorts as the manufacturer would have purchased the requisite material for the arm and shorts (just like wolves have black shorts) but we have blue which means the shorts are now blue.

Edited to say that you can see this in the templates posted a few pages back. Our 'clash' white home shorts are infact just our third kit white shorts. The home template is two colours blue and gold, hence blue and gold shorts, the third kit is white and blue, hence white and blue shorts. If we'd genuinely had white home shorts manufactured they'd be white with gold trim as that's the template.

You would think they could get around that problem by ordering a bit more white material and a bit less blue material in pre-production if they really wanted blue & white.  It looks like a conscious effort to have 3 block-colour kits to me.

You would think they could get around that problem by ordering a bit more white material and a bit less blue material in pre-production if they really wanted blue & white.  It looks like a conscious effort to have 3 block-colour kits to me.

They buy in set quantities, if we want a three colour block then we'd effecively need to have ordered a set of white away shirts with gold trim that we'd never wear just to get the shorts

They buy in set quantities, if we want a three colour block then we'd effecively need to have ordered a set of white away shirts with gold trim that we'd never wear just to get the shorts

I'll take your word for it.  At the end of the day it's still an incredibly minor point to get hung up on.

Can we just see how it looks like in real life on Sunday?

I can't understand people massively slagging off new kits before they've even seen it with their own two eyes.

Unless that photo is like the whole what colour is the dress thing from the internet, I'm pretty sure the shorts will still be blue and not white

Who is anyone to decide what colours we have to play in given that we've had a bit of everything over the years? Blue white white. Blue white blue. Blue blue blue. Much of a muchness.

I think it's the Leicester way.... Some people just aren't hsppy unless they're having a moan.

Fleckney mike... The Karl Lagerfeld of foxestalk.

Good news everyone, if you don't like it then it will change again in exactly one year. You can still wear this years!

Babylon, try reading what I put. It's not about 'us' wearing the kit.

I'm well aware that I am a customer of Leicester City, I give them my money and they provide me with a football team. The unseemly nature of this transaction is made pallatable by the fact none of us acknowledge we are customers because a few things mainatin the charade of sport rather than commerce. The kit is one of those insignifigant yet essential things that distract from how completely un necessary my support is. They change it every year just so they can make money and it doesn't bother me because I don't buy it, it doesn't impact my life because I don't feel compelled to rush out and get the latest one nor do I wear it. I'm the sort of fan who barely notice it changes provided nothing 'significant' alters, changing the shorts is that double take moment, its that moment which the depressing reality that this is a business and not a football club comes into focus.

Babylon, try reading what I put. It's not about 'us' wearing the kit.

I'm well aware that I am a customer of Leicester City, I give them my money and they provide me with a football team. The unseemly nature of this transaction is made pallatable by the fact none of us acknowledge we are customers because a few things mainatin the charade of sport rather than commerce. The kit is one of those insignifigant yet essential things that distract from how completely un necessary my support is. They change it every year just so they can make money and it doesn't bother me because I don't buy it, it doesn't impact my life because I don't feel compelled to rush out and get the latest one nor do I wear it. I'm the sort of fan who barely notice it changes provided nothing 'significant' alters, changing the shorts is that double take moment, its that moment which the depressing reality that this is a business and not a football club comes into focus.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Leicester_City/Leicester_City.htm

Do you feel the same way about the kits from 1966-69, 1992-96, 2002-03, & 2007-09?

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Leicester_City/Leicester_City.htm

Do you feel the same way about the kits from 1966-69, 1992-96, 2002-03, & 2007-09?

Yup.

We all have our weird little things that make Leicester Leicester for us. The kit is mine. In some small way the club always represents us, we see parts of ourselves in the club, the infrastructure of the city. Like we all have ideas about what it means to be British, or English or from Leicester we tend to recognise ourselves in the things we like and ignore the less pallatable elements as being aberations. Some people want Leicester to win at all costs, some people want us to play in a certain way, some want better atmosphere, some want more agression etc etc

For me I just want the club to act honorably and with integrity in all they do (so not signing certain players with unpleasant personal or criminal pasts), I want the manager (whoever it is) to try and play a more 'pure' style of football and when we go away that opposition fans recognise a 'Leicester' way of playing and behaving. Part of that identity (for me) be it corporate, social or sporting is inexorably connected to the kit. For others it will be something equally small yet important.

Yup.

We all have our weird little things that make Leicester Leicester for us. The kit is mine. In some small way the club always represents us, we see parts of ourselves in the club, the infrastructure of the city. Like we all have ideas about what it means to be British, or English or from Leicester we tend to recognise ourselves in the things we like and ignore the less pallatable elements as being aberations. Some people want Leicester to win at all costs, some people want us to play in a certain way, some want better atmosphere, some want more agression etc etc

For me I just want the club to act honorably and with integrity in all they do (so not signing certain players with unpleasant personal or criminal pasts), I want the manager (whoever it is) to try and play a more 'pure' style of football and when we go away that opposition fans recognise a 'Leicester' way of playing and behaving. Part of that identity (for me) be it corporate, social or sporting is inexorably connected to the kit. For others it will be something equally small yet important.

What colour should the socks be? (genuine question)

Archived