Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Replica Kit 2015/16

All blue kits happen when the manufacturer has a process which requires minimal alterations to the process of manufacturing. You'll see clubs who traditional play all in one colour play in pinstripe because the manufacturer is making pin striped kits, you'll see sides who play in hoops or stripes suddenly play in all one block of colour because the manufacturer doesn't have the machines calibrated for hoops or stripes that season.

We 'should' have white stripes on the arm (just as Wolves have black) and that would result in white shorts as the manufacturer would have purchased the requisite material for the arm and shorts (just like wolves have black shorts) but we have blue which means the shorts are now blue.

Edited to say that you can see this in the templates posted a few pages back. Our 'clash' white home shorts are infact just our third kit white shorts. The home template is two colours blue and gold, hence blue and gold shorts, the third kit is white and blue, hence white and blue shorts. If we'd genuinely had white home shorts manufactured they'd be white with gold trim as that's the template.

What a load of nonsense!

What colour should the socks be? (genuine question)

For me? Blue with significant white trim (as in one solid block at the top of the sock) or vice versa. That'll probably be what has been the sock pattern in my 'life time' of going to city games from the 80's to now

So out of 131 years of history we've had all blue kits 5 times.

Ok so it's only 8% of our history in terms of seasons spent wearing the kit, but designs change sometimes.  We didn't even start off playing in blue shirts/white shorts, even if it is by far our most common combo.  As long as it's got the Leicester badge on the (preferably blue, but as long as it's not red or full-on gold I could probably be talked around to it) shirt, I'm happy.

Actually no that's a lie I would be pretty livid if it wasn't blue on reflection.

Nice one, I'll get myself down there. Unfortunately I live far away! Any idea when they'll stop selling last season's?

I went in on Thursday and the shelves were empty then, just a couple of gold away ones left and training gear in XXXL sizes.

I can't imagine all the home shirts that were in there a few weeks ago have sold but the web site wasn't showing any either.

Best bet is to phone them up.

Fan of the all blue kit tbh. Can't think of any PL/Football League team that has all blue, pretty unique.

However, just hope it looks better than it does in the photo. I'm just hoping it's a size problem in that instance and it fits a bit better.

The issue with the blue shorts is not that we adults will have to wear them, it's that the team, Leicester City, who traditionally play in blue shirts and white shorts will have to wear them. I can accept that with shirts we just get any old generic template from a company and we'll be fed a load of marketing guff about how it represents X and is evocative of Y whilst combining 21st century some such shit with our 'proud history' of something else, but it will always be blue (except that one time we tried to look like Real Madrid under Bloomfield). However changing the shorts is either laziness of extreme proportions, as the company can't be arsed to change the manufacturing run from the default blue setting which uses up all the material, or a conscious disregard of heritage.

I know kits now are nothing more than advertising billboards and crude marketing product but I like to think we all go along with the gaudy spectacle of whoring out the club just so long as they don't **** about with the fundamentals, namely we're Leicester City, we play in blue shirts, white shorts, blue socks and we have a picture of a fox on the shirt.

Only flaw here is that this PIC suggests that we do have white shorts as the secondary shorts. So I don't think the manufacturing cost savings point is particularly relevant. Assuming this PIC is correct.

post-12691-143238370118_thumb.jpeg

Archived