Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

NP considering Legal Action

The run in was exceptional. The rest is just standard life in the premier league for a club like us. Get used to it. Villa have been used to it for 20+ years.

The season was great. In a roundabout way we achieved all our targets. Played well in lost games, we're never thrashed, played whole heartedly with spirit and creativity and broke some records. Not sure what one has to do to make a season great if that doesn't count.

Back to Pearson, I'm still horrified in shock. I just don't understand why.

No it was pretty bloody awful. I don't want to 'get used to it'. I'd rather see better football.

Hope that's ok with you.

lol

Utter tripe. They didn't get us where we are at all. We were in fact well on the way to getting into the Premier league before they pushed Pearson out the back door on arrival. You can have all the money in the world but if you have a shit manager then you will never have success. Make mistake of the two contributory factors it's Nigel Pearson's management that has got us where we are today rather than the Thai money.

Our owner was Mandaric, to whom I am great full because I believe he saved our club but let's face it, had no ambition which is why he bailed.

I believe our success is down to our scouting of talent, that might be down to Pearson I don't know but our championship winning team really picked itself and when we needed to know our best players and formation last season he struggled. Albrighton really sticks out in my mind when everybody was baffled he wasn't being played. It seems to me Pearson is a great coach rather than a manager. I did like him though and his love of our club but club comes first.

I am a Leicester City fan but I have principles and beliefs. A belief that people shouldn't be dismissed without good reason. Being held responsibLe for someone else's actions doesn't count as good reason. Especially when he achieved all targets and had built a premier league competing squad in less years than the original plan.

Come on. This is a nightmare for the club! It will completely undo this squad and take away the foundations that this current squad is built upon. Relegation here we come.

We've seen it all before. New manager comes in, brings their own players coaches style etc. Players currently here get unsettled by this and it all goes to pot.

I support Leicester but I don't support modern football's crazy logistics. I certainly don't support the owners undoing what has been a great season with a great squad at the cost of footballing success, in favour of their business success.

Now all those gifts make sense. Trying to pucker us up before ditching us in the shite.

For God's sake grow up, we don't know the reason he was sacked, I would think it was fairly obvious he wasn't sacked for the actions of his son or the other 2 players, what we don't know is how he has reacted to his son being sacked. The truth will out, I was a Pearson fan and believe he did a great job both times for us, but I also have confidence in the owners and I find it staggering that fans have turned against them the way they have.

I cant really understand why people are supporting the idea of legal action.

I firmly believe the board have the clubs best interests at heart. They have made mistakes. But they wouldnt just bin a manager off, especially given the track record he had last season with "incidents" AND the amazing run of form atthe end of the season without a significant reason why, or a significant replacement.

So hoping legal action is brought against them by a former employee is something i cant get my head around.

But they did Donut - they sacked NP without having a replacement in mind. There really was no Plan B. That's why they're hang to scrabble around for a replacement with the season starting in five weeks.

For him to take legal action there would have to be a clear case supporting a 'wrongful, unfair or unlawful dismissal' or a clear breach of contract by the owners.

Whilst I wish Nige was still with us, there are valid reasons an employee can be sacked without notice, even if they have met their business goals. Whilst law tends to favour the employee by default, it would likely be up to Nige to prove the reason given by the club was not in fact true (relationship not viable) and that the club falsified the account or breached some other agreement. The owners are not naive. They will have taken good legal council on this beforehand.

FYI Wrongful Dismissal:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongful_dismissal_in_the_United_Kingdom

An employer is only entitled to dismiss an employee without notice:

"if the employee conducts himself so as to undermine the trust and confidence such that the employer should no longer be required to retain the employee in his employment."

etc

It may also be written into his contract, which I would suspect it was (in which case there is likely to be an agreed severance payment).

Personally I wish Nige well (will miss him big time, warts n all), whatever he does next... Hopefully that is not a law suit.

But they did Donut - they sacked NP without having a replacement in mind. There really was no Plan B. That's why they're hang to scrabble around for a replacement with the season starting in five weeks.

Hopefully they were talking to someone all along and the events were just an 'excuse' that they needed, doesn't seem like it though which makes the action completely bizarre

Those of you suggesting Pearson takes legal action do understand the owners are settling Pearsons contract don't you?

Might not be just his contract he is after... he could argue that with a successful season behind him he could of gone on to more bonuses for the rest of his contract plus the potential loss of earnings built on the back of that. Legal action can be a murky world..

Might not be just his contract he is after... he could argue that with a successful season behind him he could of gone on to more bonuses for the rest of his contract plus the potential loss of earnings built on the back of that. Legal action can be a murky world..

If the owners aren't giving the real reasons for his sacking, and hiding behind this 'difference of perspective' stuff, then it could be argued that they're damaging his reputation and impeding his chance of future employment.

If the owners aren't giving the real reasons for his sacking, and hiding behind this 'difference of perspective' stuff, then it could be argued that they're damaging his reputation and impeding his chance of future employment.

Pearson isnt telling us why he was sacked either and by reading this thread you'd assume it was damaging the reputation of the owners.

There are usually non disclosure clauses in dismissal agreements often for the benefit of both parties. I'm disappointed that Nige has gone but people have got to grow up and accept he's gone. These things are rarely just one party's fault.

They might just as easily be acting kindly in refusing to discuss the matter in public. As others have said, we don't know the reasons so it's just guesswork jumping to conclusions.

I'm glad he got sacked.

I appreciate his results. But I wasn't proud to say he was our manager. Too many off the field incidents.

I'm hoping we get Lennon. Failing that Big Sam.

Thanks to the owners for investing more money in the club on facilities and players.

I cannot comprehend your stupidity.

Albrighton never played for ages because Nigel didn't like the Dof going over the wage structure for him.

3 times Nigel had a purchase order ready and cancelled for a refurb in his office. There was a lot of hesitation as to whether he'd be sacked or not even on the last week of the season.

Thailand is the owners highest source of income. They are well respected and got bad press over there. Was just the final straw for the owners.

We should never of been in that rut for the great escape. We spent millions and millions yet narrowly escaped.

James Pearson should of immediately released a statement apologising offering his resignation. **** all from him or Nigel. Why wait to be fired?

Total lack of disrespect to our club.

You may think players will hate he's gone. You'll find they will be more gutted if his back room team go.

Good riddance.

_49888510_neil_lennon_512.jpg

_51506122_scup_celvran_020311_ft.jpg

article-2032297-0C0240F600000578-132_468

4986293_orig.jpg?0

Neil-Lennon-006.jpg

_59291762_brines.jpg

Nuff said.

Fair point.

They might just as easily be acting kindly in refusing to discuss the matter in public. As others have said, we don't know the reasons so it's just guesswork jumping to conclusions.

Like i've said before though you would assume Nige doesn't have anything to hide if he is considering/goes through with legal action because if he does go through with it and he had something to hide he is going to look very silly, now that might be the case, as you've said we don't know, but i'm sure he wouldn't consider/go through with legal action if he had done something and he is in the wrong/has something to hide.

Albrighton never played for ages because Nigel didn't like the Dof going over the wage structure for him.

3 times Nigel had a purchase order ready and cancelled for a refurb in his office. There was a lot of hesitation as to whether he'd be sacked or not even on the last week of the season.

Thailand is the owners highest source of income. They are well respected and got bad press over there. Was just the final straw for the owners.

We should never of been in that rut for the great escape. We spent millions and millions yet narrowly escaped.

James Pearson should of immediately released a statement apologising offering his resignation. **** all from him or Nigel. Why wait to be fired?

You may think players will hate he's gone. You'll find they will be more gutted if his back room team go.

Good riddance.

Fair point.

I've been coming around to this view - I've always backed Pearson and am still unhappy at what has happened but it's the TEAM - the coaching and backroom TEAM that have got us where we are and Pearson's part in that was simply the Leader.Ok the leader is always an important part and I'm not saying he wasn't the final part in the jigsaw that made it all work and brought the success but part of me wonders how much difference HIS presence compared to A N Other in that role would make. Something I am pretty sure about is that he will not enjoy as much success elsewhere if he cannot reunite with Shakey and Walsh.

Guest LCFC_World

Good riddance.

Fair point.

Thailand is the owners main source of income.. They are already billionaires, why should it matter to me if they have been 'disrespected'. Do they really care about us? I'm not questioning what they have done for the club, and I really do appreciate it (help us get out of debt etc) but sometimes I think that I hate how football has turned in to a business rather than a game. Everything to do with it is ruled by money.

think your mental for saying good riddance to pearson and saying we should have stayed up because we spent millions is just wrong, to my memory we only spent millions on ulloa in the summer and only burnely had a less expensive assembled squad than ours but your entitled to your opinion

Good riddance.

Fair point.

I'm pretty sure compensation payouts for unfair dismissal are capped at about £70k. Nige was probably offered seven figures to leave and probably took it. I would have thought a decent contract for a football manager would include a severance clause of some sort which would include the sacked boss waiving his legal rights and keeping quiet in exchange for the payout. I don't think this one has any legs.

Archived