Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Let's give Claudio a chance

He was far from my first choice, however I will give him a full season before judging what he can or can't do. My main complaint would be his different style to the current set up and how easy they will adapt to him but if he can perhaps come halfway and adapt to our style, he may well have a decent chance. Good luck Claudio, I obviously wish you well.

Personally I think keeping Shakespeare now could be priceless.

Lets get behind the guy. Whats not to like? An absolute legend of game. Respected all around the world. Well perhaps not in Greece..but they have bigger fish to fry now.

Good luck to him trying to get his compensation payout there at 60 euros a day tho

The word underwhelmed is being branded around too much.

What did fans expect? Klopp? Bielsa? Hiddink?

Was nice to see those managers listed, but being realistic we had an incredibly slim chance of getting one of them.

Next in line was the likes of Ranieri, he might not be a winner but he has been fairly consistent, done a brilliant job at Monaco and that was only a year ago.

The likes of O'Neill & Allardyce divided opinion while Lennon, Cotterill, Preki etc... were total shit.

I'm more than happy to give Ranieri a chance.

Quite annoyed about Lineker's reaction to this announcement, as I'm surprised one of our greatest local players hasn't given him any initial encouragement/support.

His comment was bizarre. Ranieri hasn't been here for over a decade so how he's in "the same old names" is beyond me.

His comment was bizarre. Ranieri hasn't been here for over a decade so how he's in "the same old names" is beyond me.

Starting to think Lineker is trying to be like Joey Barton.

Say things that will anger certain people, and expecting to receive a backlash.

We've only just appointed Ranieri but already I see some instant negativity in the threads regarding how long it might be before he's sacked etc.

Many posters are sore about Pearson. I won't dwell on the circumstances of his sacking...they still seem to be unclear.

All I want to say is let's now give the new bloke a chance. By this, I mean patience.

It's probably going to be difficult for him in the early days...the squad was Pearson's and clearly played out of their skin for him, especially at the end of last season.

But let's give Claudio some time. The appointment has been made, on a three year deal. The next chapter of LCFC begins and we need to get behind the club once more.

lol you only posted this for +1s  :D

nah seriously fully behind you fully behind him

let's all do the conga!!!!

I've not seen anyone say that they won't back him.

People are just a tad sceptical, which is perfectly normal and acceptable.

As soon as we get our 1st 3 points we all will be right behind him. Perhaps like the fans that were getting down last season when things werent great. A couple of results and it just went mental for nige. Same for Claudio im sure.

Starting to think Lineker is trying to be like Joey Barton.

Say things that will anger certain people, and expecting to receive a backlash.

it doesn't work thought does it - it's a bit like taking your hamster for  walk on the lead and getting it to squeak at Pitbulls

accoglienza, ciao Claudio

I'm totally agreed we need to get behind the new manager and give him a chance

And for those worried about his age Wenger is older, Van Gaal is the same age and Pellagrini is only a couple of years younger - so he's in good company

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_Football_League_managers

( * Brendan Rogers must be lying about his age he's never only 42 )

We've only just appointed Ranieri but already I see some instant negativity in the threads regarding how long it might be before he's sacked etc.

Many posters are sore about Pearson. I won't dwell on the circumstances of his sacking...they still seem to be unclear.

All I want to say is let's now give the new bloke a chance. By this, I mean patience.

It's probably going to be difficult for him in the early days...the squad was Pearson's and clearly played out of their skin for him, especially at the end of last season.

But let's give Claudio some time. The appointment has been made, on a three year deal. The next chapter of LCFC begins and we need to get behind the club once more.

:thumbup:

Just heard journo predict terrible season for leicester fans and certain relegation pointing out impressive cv but lack of success overall- another felix magath , will bring in his own staff, italian signings- basically fueling the fire of negativity in the media alreday. had the cheek to suggest dyche would be a better choice.  who knows he may flop but lets give him a chance

I don't think he's right for us and I'm fearful of a manager trying to adopt a passing game in these players, but he's a good man and obviously I'll support him.

I think I got my hopes up that O'Neill would return, which I felt would have been perfect, so this appointment left me feeling flat.

I don't think he's right for us and I'm fearful of a manager trying to adopt a passing game in these players, but he's a good man and obviously I'll support him.

I think I got my hopes up that O'Neill would return, which I felt would have been perfect, so this appointment left me feeling flat.

Dont forget, howmany posters said also that MON would be a lousy choice.

I'm just out of rep points, but Col deserves that.

---

I certainly won't be negative about Ranieri, he like any manager will get a decent length of time from me to prove himself, won't be booed or jeered. However, it is difficult to be actively excited and supportive of a shift in approach from the well thought out steady approach we had under Nigel, to a new approach which looks on the face of it incredibly like one that has already failed here very recently. A big name manager, given money, trying to run before we can walk. That seems like the likely approach now and I can't get excited about that, the owners won't be getting my support at all because they're gambling the future of the club, I will be negative about them. Ranieri will get apathy until he earns anything more than that.

They along with NP got us in this position and gave us a future,I'm grateful to them both.in business you have to take risks to improve.Shame NP has gone but I'm afraid the day he went it's time to move on.

Very much doubt we will find out why but I will reserve judgement until I know the facts.That works both ways.

Think the Sven era was different he was giving premier league wages to lower end Championship players.one of the joys of the Premier league and people of Ranieris status is you attract a better player.

Can't see Waghorn returning in the near future though,sorry.

Right before I get started Pearson did a great job but he's gone so lets leave that in the past.

Ranieri wouldn't have been my first choice, but tough sh!t to everyone and myself, he is our manager.

And for these 'pundits' saying it's bad move, what the f@@@ do they really know? Lineker, Cottee and Savage plus journalists? They should give the guy a bloody chance before slagging him off straight away. His record is pretty decent. yeh he has had some failures but he's 63, there aren't too many managers who have been managing for thirty years who haven't been sacked at some point.

HE MIGHT do sh1te, but hey he may do brilliant, who knows? For those with short terms memories, or who weren't even there for when we were in league one six years ago, enjoy the ride things have been a lot worse, a lot worse. the only reason we are in such a healthy state on and off the pitch is because of our owners so give em some credit...

back to me Heinekens...

Just heard journo predict terrible season for leicester fans and certain relegation pointing out impressive cv but lack of success overall- another felix magath , will bring in his own staff, italian signings- basically fueling the fire of negativity in the media alreday. had the cheek to suggest dyche would be a better choice.  who knows he may flop but lets give him a chance

:nigel:

Archived