Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Charles Aranguiz

I wonder if we even had a chance to speak to Aranguiz?

It will be interesting to see how this pans out if Inter don't buckle.

I still think a £15m-£20m release clause would tempt him.

Better wages, better shop window and if he proves his worth he'll be at a better club than Bayer this time next year.

Last summer we were being turned down by players of a much, much lower calibre than the likes of Arunguiz. Were you less embarassed then? Does the fact that we're actually making serious efforts to buy world class players embarass you? Maybe you'd be less embarassed if we stuck to buying mediocre Championship players and accept our place as a small club that will never amount to anything..?

Please name them, because I don't remember too many, I think we got all out targets tbh.

I'll admit we didn't strengthen from the outset enough but who we did want we got, but it seems even worse this year.

Please name them, because I don't remember too many, I think we got all out targets tbh.

I'll admit we didn't strengthen from the outset enough but who we did want we got, but it seems even worse this year.

You think you know all of our targets from what gets posted on here? lol

I wonder if we even had a chance to speak to Aranguiz?

It will be interesting to see how this pans out if Inter don't buckle.

I still think a £15m-£20m release clause would tempt him.

Better wages, better shop window and if he proves his worth he'll be at a better club than Bayer this time next year.

I would think the players cockroach agent would do the initial talking, and unfortunately the cockroach agents gentlemans vegetables are dripping for Bayer Leverkusen.

Maybe another year on the same wages will make Charles consider his agents usefulness.

You think you know all of our targets from what gets posted on here? lol

No, not all, but who we got linked with last year compared to who we've been linked with this year, we were alot more successful last year.

Kasper

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Mahrez

Drinkwater

King

Knockeart

Ulloa

Nugent

Subs

Hammond

Hamer

Schlupp

Hopper

GTF

Wasilewski

Wood

Come on Matt you honestly still think it is worse.

Bayer will put in a bid a million or so less than OM's and inter will cave to the player's bluff. They never should have accepted OM's.

its all poker now. if OM have upped their bid then inter have a chance with BL. there wasnt a chance that he would come here so no need for BL to up their bid.  now that OM have gone within a couple mill of our bid, BL will have to match this or the player could decide to go to the french riviera. if the OM bid rumours are true, expect BL to put in a matching bid and the deal will be done. 

we wasted our money on perry's flights and hotel costs!

No, not all, but who we got linked with last year compared to who we've been linked with this year, we were alot more successful last year.

Pearson said we would be surprised at the calibre of player we were going for last summer, but for whatever reason most didn't come off and he was left frustrated. He said this before the Everton home game.

This year it seems everything has been leaked, it could have been the same last year.

I think our squad is much stronger than it was this time last year. A comparison with the team that won 7 in 9, we're missing one player, a big player admittedly.

Pearson said we would be surprised at the calibre of player we were going for last summer, but for whatever reason most didn't come off and he was left frustrated. He said this before the Everton home game.

This year it seems everything has been leaked, it could have been the same last year.

Suggests how he conducted his business and how its changed since he left then I guess.

Loose lips sink ships.

Suggests how he conducted his business and how its changed since he left then I guess.

Loose lips sink ships.

Correct, although it seems alot of the leaks this year have come from other parties.

I do have a feeling we had the same problems last year though, hence starting the season with only one new player in the side - Ulloa.

The negotiations in the case "Aranguiz" are pretty weird. Apparently he had never the ambition to join us, even though we've offered for him. The OM-rumours are ridiculous too. His agent and Aranguiz himself said clearly that they want to join Bayer and nothing else.

I'm fine with going for this calibre of player. We wouldn't have signed Cambiasso if we didn't have an ambitious mindset.

Most of the time it will come to nothing, but if over the next couple of years we managed to pull of a couple then it could be huge for our development.

If they've accepted OMs bid we can kiss this one goodbye - most of our so called leverage relied upon no other club being able to match our bid - and one of the selling parties making a statement of 'we wont lose money'. Inter have now shown they are willing to negotiate a lower price - Bayer know they are in the driving seat now with aranguiz publicly stating he would love to join (which theyd have already known) - they can just sit back and wait for inters arse to start squeaking then throw in a slightly lower offer last minute.

Loose lips sink ships.

Ranieri seems to be as tight lipped as Nigel and he cannot stop rumours linking us to everyman and his job but it has to be a positive when we are linked with better quality players, we are not newly promoted Leicester anymore.

its all poker now. if OM have upped their bid then inter have a chance with BL. there wasnt a chance that he would come here so no need for BL to up their bid. now that OM have gone within a couple mill of our bid, BL will have to match this or the player could decide to go to the french riviera. if the OM bid rumours are true, expect BL to put in a matching bid and the deal will be done.

we wasted our money on perry's flights and hotel costs!

I don't think BL even need to match it though. Inter say they will accept no less than 15 million euros. Player says he won't come here. Inter agree for a few million less from OM. Now what happens if BL offer a million less than OM, and the player says he won't go to OM? Inter already showed they will accept less to get something. How much less are they willing to accept is the only question that BL need to find out.

Archived