Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Saints away next!.. Early thoughts..

Guest CityFan 06

Pelle is a player I really rate, and as a team I think Southampton are a good side. They've established themselves very well and I'd like to see us do the same, looking forward to the game now and the football being back after a two week break.

Incredibly tough game, will be very surprised if we get anything from it.

Mane if he plays will more than likely run rings round us, plus he will probably dive all over the place as usual and get one of our players sent off.

2-0 Saints

Going with a 2-2 tie or 1-2 Leicester thinking Ranieri will play a 4-4-2 selecting defenders for this game based on their defending abilities and not so much their attacking skills. Drinkwater is playing top notch and depending on who's in the middle with him will match their central midfielders. I believe the confidence and form we have.......now going back almost 20 games now will see us get something from this match

Interesting game.  Losing to Arsenal was expected, let's see how we do against a team just below the 'top 6'.

Assuming 442 and that Schlupp and Mahrez are not fit to play a full game, Albrighton and Dyer is fine with me.    My guess is that Claudio will play Kasper, Simpson, Huth, Morgan, Fuchs, Albrighton, Kante, Dinky, Dyer, Shinji, Vardy.  If we are being overrun in midfield Inler or King can come on.

Kasper

Simpson

Wes

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

Drinkwater

Kante

Albrighton

Vardy

Okazaki

Get Kante to man mark Mane.

Bring Schluup and Dyer on late to hit them with pace.

Job done.

Edit: Or, drop Okazaki and play Mahrez in behind Vardz to allow Schluup to start on the left as his athleticism on away days is valuable.

Should be a good game. I'd be tempted to give Jeff a rest and its time Leonardo got a start which gives us an outlet too.

Schmeics

De Laet

Huth

Morgan

Fuchs

Albrighton

Kanté

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Ulloa

Vardy

Will have to play well to get anything from this. Think if we score first we will win.

Archived