Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

England v Turkey.... Vardy starts!

They clearly are though, if you was to ask any top manager in Europe who he'd rather have in his side I don't think there's a single Leicester player that would get the nod over any Spurs player.

lol

So, basically.... your manager is a total failure then to not win the league with all these superior players.

Domestic

League

Cup

EuropeanDoubles 1960–61: Football League First Division and FA Cup

I simply cannot understand a previous commentator stating Drinkwater was out of his depth! ... Okay the commentator was a Spud follower (... I've found most are not really supporters, let alone local to Tottenham as they've never even attended a game at White fart drain let alone a run of fixtures in a season) ... but back to Drinkwater ... the cross-field balls he drove were excellent, he closed opening spaces off the ball and covered back quickly when needed. Coupled to this he was able to pass the ball to players outside of his own domestic club! No, I'm sorry Drinkwater is a world class player and should start ahead of Wilshere; who still didn't complete 90 minutes and was average at best.

As for a gauge of the state of our national team last nights performance was 'adequate' and got the result, but if Roy continues with that selection then I can't see it developing any harmony and togetherness; something that we have witnessed can forge greatness and a winning 'team' spirit ... No ... Average again England!

Not really, I've prefered the 3 Cup wins in my life time to finishing 3rd though I would say this is the best team I've seen and believe we will only get better.

Big club, best squad in England, new big stadium on the way.

Sorry mate. I agree that we have the best team weve had for a long time.

But best squad in England? Have a day off. If anything our squad is weaker than a lot and it was shown up when Dembele and Alli were banned for the last few games. Our replacements are not good enough. You can't replace Dembele with Mason and Alli within Carrol/Son and expect the same results.

As for the England team, well Vardy and Drinkwater should be starting alongside

Kane and Dier respectively but Hodgson ha zero testicle the drop golden boy Wilshere.

Not really, I've prefered the 3 Cup wins in my life time to finishing 3rd though I would say this is the best team I've seen and believe we will only get better.

Considering it is the best team you have ever seen, do you not find it odd that you got fewer points this season than in 2012-13 and the same as 09-10 and only one more than 13-14?

You have improved by 6 points on last season and your final points tally would normally get you a 4th-6th place finish. You, like us, have benefitted massively from Chelsea, United, Man City and Arsenal having poor seasons by their standards and even then Arsenal finished above you.

You have plenty of reasons to be positive but there is not enough for the levels of delusion you are showing here. You failed at your one shot at the title, get over it, you can come back next season if you win something, but nobody on here will care.

Domestic

League

Cup

EuropeanDoubles 1960–61: Football League First Division and FA Cup

So what you're saying is you've won less trophies than Leicester in the last 20 years?

Kane and Dier respectively but Hodgson ha zero testicle the drop golden boy Wilshere.

Amen... for me it's all about partnerships. Alli and Kane, Drinkwater and Vardy... each know the others game inside out and will seek to take advantage of that, whilst both also offer something totally different. Wilshere was totally unfit, Delph is pointless... does Henderson offer anything the others don't? A partnership with Milner and Lllana perhaps... who knowing Roy, will both end up starting.

Anyway, lets be honest. We could play any combination going and we'll still get dicked. The full backs will bomb on to provide with and any decent team will pick us off at the back with ease.

Sorry mate. I agree that we have the best team weve had for a long time.

But best squad in England? Have a day off. If anything our squad is weaker than a lot and it was shown up when Dembele and Alli were banned for the last few games. Our replacements are not good enough. You can't replace Dembele with Mason and Alli within Carrol/Son and expect the same results.

Best starting 11 when fully fit I should have said. Our heads went when the title was over but I seriously feel positive about this side.

I'm not saying that Vardy and Drinkwater shouldn't be near the side, but reading this thread yesterday alot of comments were about how 'shit' Kane and Alli are. Laughable really.

Best squad in England yet finished 3rd? Never heard that one before.

Best starting 11 when fully fit I should have said. Our heads went when the title was over but I seriously feel positive about this side.

I'm not saying that Vardy and Drinkwater shouldn't be near the side, but reading this thread yesterday alot of comments were about how 'shit' Kane and Alli are. Laughable really.

The whole team was pretty shit yesterday, the midfield was woeful all game. I'll include Vardy in that as well when shoved wide.

... as for danieldelap .... danieldeluded would be more apt, but obviously trolling is another north London speciality closely following losing to the only class team in north London again ... third in a two horse race is most apt! ...

When fit, Wilshere should be starting, but he's not had enough games this season and his fitness is questionable. When he is fit, he has shown how good he can be.

Henderson should be no where near imo. Not good enough.

Vardy has to play up front and so does Kane hence we go 2 up top.

It's a Leicester City Forum you plum, if you want to read about Kane and Alli being amazing go on a Spurs forum, you want balanced opinions on England players try an England Forum, you want blind loyalty and devotion to all things Leicester and a whole load of shit said about non-Leicester players then come here.

But it was a one off season, what were the likes of Vardy and Drinkwater doing before this? If they were so good why haven't they shown it before?

This is the same blinkered bull shit that has made a mockery of pundits and other clubs this season, we've ripped the whole league apart and it's the last in a line of embarrassing excuses. Where was Alli last season? Where was Kane 3 seasons ago (on our bench) where was Danny Rose and Joe Mason? where were some of your other important players? You're every bit as much of a changing of the guard as we are. Yes we're a rags to riches kind of story with a squad made up of rejects or unproven players signed from the lower leagues but it doesn't mean we're a one season wonder. Perhaps, just perhaps we've managed to build something quite solid here. English football has been overhyped for a few seasons now and we've taken advantage of it, just like you have.

We have one of the best and most in depth scouting network in England and to just dismiss what we've done as a one season wonder is disgraceful. Not every footballers career path is mapped out where they are top class from day one at a top club and they stay at the top of the game for ever more. There are many very good footballers young or old that for whatever reason fall down the leagues or struggle to make an impact but in the right set up with the right guidance they can maximise their ability and perform. This is what's happening at Leicester, like it or not. We aren't necessarily going anywhere just yet, you're just as likely to return to mid table as we are in returning to the Championship.

Kane and Vardy up front, i'm all for that. For too long players have been picked on their name and who they play for. The best two strikers in the country this season should be playing up front for England. Could see Rooney doing something from midfield.

Spurs are a selling club. Next season you won't finish in the top 4, Poch will feel the heat. Kane will leave and the Ship will sink.

back to the original point of the thread, it's no coincidence that England were shit for an hour, then vardy went up front and drinkwater came on and we could've won about 5-1, if Kane was any good. leicester boys are we, pride of our country imho.

It's a Leicester City Forum you plum, if you want to read about Kane and Alli being amazing go on a Spurs forum, you want balanced opinions on England players try an England Forum, you want blind loyalty and devotion to all things Leicester and a whole load of shit said about non-Leicester players then come here.

Amazing how many people, including our own fans, don't realise this. I think Spurs bottlers made up of twats like that donkey Kane and spurs fans think Vardy is a racist thug. Of course I'm going to slate Tottenham on here and spuds will slate us on their site. What a moron that spuds fan is expecting to find us talking about how good they are.

Spurs are a selling club. Next season you won't finish in the top 4, Poch will feel the heat. Kane will leave and the Ship will sink.

This I take issue with. Kane is not going to leave. We will be in around the top again next season while the others attempt to rebuild. I imagine Leicester will remain up there too.

City have a new manager who will spend. It's no way to instant success as those players need time to gel and adapt.

Chelsea have a new manager with an aging squad. Who knows what that poisonous dressing room will do with a new man.

United, they are a mish mash and Mourinho style is no different to LVG. Huge improvements needed.

Arsenal are Arsenal. If they sign a striker they should win the league. It's all about mentality for them.

Liverpool will be better and no Europe gives them a free run. I can see them contending next season.

The only two clubs who don't need much is Spurs and Leicester so no reason why, with careful additions to our squads, we can't be head to head again next season.

back to the original point of the thread, it's no coincidence that England were shit for an hour, then vardy went up front and drinkwater came on and we could've won about 5-1, if Kane was any good. leicester boys are we, pride of our country imho.

Vardy being shunted out wide is crazy. He and Kane should be in a two.

My issue with Kane lately is his greed. Of course he is a great goalscorer but even for Spurs he was taking silly shots on when a pass would have been better.

This I take issue with. Kane is not going to leave. We will be in around the top again next season while the others attempt to rebuild. I imagine Leicester will remain up there too.

Sadly, both clubs are still just one or two injuries away from finishing nowhere near the top 4. Neither have the depth to cover an Alli / Kane or Mahrez / Vardy loss for any extended period of time. The summer is a big time for both clubs to try and add those three or four players to add to the depth of quality.

Archived