Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alex_LCFC

Matty James / Richie De Laet

RDL has contributed to one of the best eras in the clubs history but unfortunately the club has reached a level that is a little too high for him. Whereas others have improved massively he's just stagnated he's probably good enough for cover for the odd game but if he wants first team football he should probably move on.

Matty James needs a season on loan at a competitive level just to see if he can get back into the swing of things personally I think he's definitely good enough for a bottom half side and once he's fully match fit he'll hopefully be good enough for Leicester too.

Guest CityFan 06

RDL has contributed to one of the best eras in the clubs history but unfortunately the club has reached a level that is a little too high for him. Whereas others have improved massively he's just stagnated he's probably good enough for cover for the odd game but if he wants first team football he should probably move on.

Matty James needs a season on loan at a competitive level just to see if he can get back into the swing of things personally I think he's definitely good enough for a bottom half side and once he's fully match fit he'll hopefully be good enough for Leicester too.

I think you are correct about De Laet. I feel he could be good enough cover for us, but it's whether he wants to stay at Leicester as a second choice RB. It also depends if we bring in any other players for the RB role. 

I would not let Matty vo to Derby unless we sell.

A full year at Derby playing week in week out and they get promotion.

NP will be in his ear you get 38 games in the prem with me how many you gonna get at an even stronger LCF ?

I would not let Matty vo to Derby unless we sell.

A full year at Derby playing week in week out and they get promotion.

NP will be in his ear you get 38 games in the prem with me how many you gonna get at an even stronger LCF ?

But if that is the case & he plays more or less every game for them & they get promoted, his market value will be worth more. So selling now wouldn't make sense.

De Laet is a busted flush here, just needs to be got rid of one way or another.

James might have a chance to get back into contention but if we had an offer around the £5m mark I'd sell him.

that would be utterly crazy. Maybe 3 years ago, but now how much do you think it will cost to replace him with a young player of similar quality?

Times have moved on, 5m is a drop in the ocean to us and buys you nothing these days with the money around the PL.

Guest Cujek

Derby fans seems underwhelmed with James and think Thorne, Hughes and Boyson would all start ahead of him.

Deluded ain't the word,Hughes has to be one of the most over rates players in the championship, bryson is a one trick lonely and thorne I know nothing about tbh.

De laet and James would massively improve their team!

that would be utterly crazy. Maybe 3 years ago, but now how much do you think it will cost to replace him with a young player of similar quality?

Times have moved on, 5m is a drop in the ocean to us and buys you nothing these days with the money around the PL.

Well he hasn't played for over a year because of a long term injury and only a Championship club is interested.

I'm not sure how much more we could get for him.

Well he hasn't played for over a year because of a long term injury and only a Championship club is interested.

I'm not sure how much more we could get for him.

It'd be a better idea to do a loan like Arsenal did with Ramsey, though, surely?

Derby fans seems underwhelmed with James and think Thorne, Hughes and Boyson would all start ahead of him.

Deluded ain't the word,Hughes has to be one of the most over rates players in the championship, bryson is a one trick lonely and thorne I know nothing about tbh.

De laet and James would massively improve their team!

Hughes is far from overrated. People seem to say he's overrated just for the "in thing". His close control and ability to keep the ball is unbelievable. I expect Thorne to be playing in the PL soon too, either with or without Derby, a top player who has sadly suffered a couple of horrific injuries.

For me James wouldn't get ahead of either three. In fact I don't know why Derby would even want another central midfielder.

Guest Cujek

Hughes is far from overrated. People seem to say he's overrated just for the "in thing". His close control and ability to keep the ball is unbelievable. I expect Thorne to be playing in the PL soon too, either with or without Derby, a top player who has sadly suffered a couple of horrific injuries.

For me James wouldn't get ahead of either three. In fact I don't know why Derby would even want another central midfielder.

I say he is overrated because every time I have seen him play he has done nothing, he was particularly dog poo against us twice in the title winning season.

James is a quality midfielder and should walk into the Derby team with some match fitness.

I say he is overrated because every time I have seen him play he has done nothing, he was particularly dog poo against us twice in the title winning season.

James is a quality midfielder and should walk into the Derby team with some match fitness.

I used to think Hughes wasn't all that either, but if you watched him in the play-offs, then you'll see he absolutely has talent. And that was also after he had a long injury lay-off.

I'd think that James would get in ahead of Bryson though, no doubt. However, I'd hate to see him leave. I'd rather he stays here because he's a great player on his day.

Derby have 3 "Pearson" players in central midfield. Will Hughes is going to the top, he's still only 21.

I used to think Hughes wasn't all that either, but if you watched him in the play-offs, then you'll see he absolutely has talent. And that was also after he had a long injury lay-off.

I'd think that James would get in ahead of Bryson though, no doubt. However, I'd hate to see him leave. I'd rather he stays here because he's a great player on his day.

Yes, Matty needs to be given a good chance here. If he's not the same player after his injury and can't keep progressing fair enough maybe we'll look to offload, but the man's performances in previous seasons and determination in recovering from his injury merit that he's given a chance!!

• 2 weeks later...

Been reported today that De Laet isn't interested in a move away from LC. Rumours that Derby were interested in signing the player abound but he prefers to instead, fight for his place back in the LC team. Oh joy.

Been reported today that De Laet isn't interested in a move away from LC. Rumours that Derby were interested in signing the player abound but he prefers to instead, fight for his place back in the LC team. Oh joy.

Is the polite way of saying I would quite like my loyalty bonus. I can't see a scenario where he gets in the team for anything other than a league or FA cup match.

Been reported today that De Laet isn't interested in a move away from LC. Rumours that Derby were interested in signing the player abound but he prefers to instead, fight for his place back in the LC team. Oh joy.

Out of all the players we have De Laet is the biggest busted flush we have.

He just has a different skill set from what we want from a right back, if there is one player who has no chance of getting into our first XI then it's De Laet, he's the outfield Ben Hamer.

Maybe if we buy another right back this summer that he will have a rethink as a season at Leicester will be a wasted season for him at a peak age.

I'd be glad if RDL stays. I still rate him, more so than Simpson.

We may need to rotate more, for injuries... or rest after difficult away fixtures followed by CL games.

In the somewhat easier home games that follow, we may need to rest Mahrez or other players, which may cause tactics to change.

I could imagine times we change to have more attacking fullbacks and the compensate with more defensive wingers and a proper holding midfielder.

Kasper

RDL Hernandez? Morgan Chilwell

Albrighton Mendy?/Amartey Kante Schlupp

Okazaki

Vardy

I'd be glad if RDL stays. I still rate him, more so than Simpson.

Both make mistakes. Simpson with his shitty back passes to no one in a blue or yellow shirt and De Laet gets turned way too easily, leaving him out of position and chasing an opposition player long gone. I'd say that makes De Laet worse seeing he at least gets to see what he is doing wrong. The RB position is the weakest slot on the team sheet for LC, the number of times Kante turned up on the right to cover for Simpson couldn't be counted because he knows he is poor. De Laet would just lose possession higher up the field so even Kante wouldn't get time to get across to cover for him.

I think pretty much everyone knows we need to find or develop a good RB.

Archived