Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt_Lcfc

Jamie Vardy?

39 minutes ago, Max Power said:

If he went to Arsenal he'd be even more exposed than he is now. His touch is terrible. 

Last season was an anomaly goals wise. He's never a 20+ goal a season player at the top level. He should be a 10-12 man who runs himself into the ground chasing down defenders and working the channels 

I can't agree that he has a terrible touch - in general! 

Hasn't looked the same player since he returned back in pre-season, I thought it could of been fitness at the time but surely that still can't be an issue. 

Personally think it has a knock on effect of Walsh leaving, him and Mahrez was really close to him, obviously his scouting will be missed by the club but makes you wonder if it's had a knock on certain players too :unsure:

44 minutes ago, Max Power said:

His touch is terrible. 

No it isn't. Good grief.

59 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I could understand if he was in Akinbiyi form where he was getting 3 or 4 chances a game and missing.

His was! I remember watching his debut home performance from the double decker & could barely believe how bad it was.

Literally every pass just bounced off him & went straight to an opposition player.

he just isn't a surprise anymore and players know how he plays and wants the ball plus he isn't getting the service so opposition players just have to stop the supply line to him. he needs to work harder and show that he wants the ball and get into dangerous positions that will hurt the opposition.it seems like he feels he has "made it" and doesn't seem to try as hard

15 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I can only assume that, at present, the kid must be thinking he's made the biggest error of his footballing career by not going to Arsenal.

Imagine being played in at the moment by Sanchez and Ozil and not by Musa, Albrighton or Gray.

As much as I love LCFC, Kante made the right decision.

If Kante stayed we'd be several places better off then we are now as a rough estimate as we would probably have converted two or three of our five losses into draws and one or two of our three draws into victories. I wouldn't go as far as to say Kante made the right decision but I would definitely say that Vardy has made the wrong decision based on Kante leaving. Its as imperative that we sign a powerhouse midfielder in January as it is that we find a new way to play because we have been sussed out to the point that our main threat going forward is completely ineffectual. This Leicester team is a shade of last seasons Leicester. Fortunately for me I have last seasons Champions DVD to cheer me up for eternity.

He is a confidence player. The Vardy of last season would have buried most of the clear cut chances he missed so far.

The stamina and great vision are still there, so he could click into form any time soon.

He just needs to start bagging a couple of tap-ins to fire him up.

4 hours ago, shade said:

you mean being played in by the same players that finished above sanchez and ozil last season? great point as usual col, how was vardy to know there would be a collective loss of confidence, does he own a delorean?

The clue is in 'he must be thinking'

Ie now.

:thumbup:

On 07/11/2016 at 17:39, HankMarvin said:

if you x4 you get a ruff idea of his season form, if current form is maintained. Id say there are some eyeopening stats there

4 shots on target 10 games in.

13 total shots,

1.3 a game,

4 completed dribbles in 10 games,

most of his stats are on course for achieving 50 percent of what he did last season

And what's the difference....................................He's getting 50% more money at least

tumblr_n9ey29u3vf1tq4of6o1_400.gif

Shhh.... maybe, he isnt that good? Maybe he was a one season wonder?

He and the rest of our side had a moment, a flash in time where everything came together for them, his first touch was never brilliant and much of his finishing was instinctive and incredible... but (and liverpool is a shining example) that finishing had a substantial amount of good fortune behind it.

Make no mistake, Vards and the rest of the 15/16 squad are superstars and legends in my eyes and will always be respected and remembered.

"Fearless" truly had a part to play as that was how we played because after 10 games we pretty much had nothing to lose.. we were going to avoid relegation and  we could gamble on anything... we did.. and we won.  Yes we played better than others, but and many of us even at the time, said that everything was falling for us.

Anyone who expected Leicester to win the league this year was blinded by their blue specs, our playing group is a midtable side and with any luck that is where we will finish.

On ‎07‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 20:16, Paddy. said:

I think you're right here Col. I don't think for one second he's lost the fire, he's just a marked man and as you say he's getting frustrated. The 100k a week thing is more of an issue for fans than it is for him, he's just done what every single player in his position would do - take the money. I think he'd be having the same problems if he was on 40k a week tbh - he's been sussed out, plain and simple. Deny him space in behind and he becomes peripheral, it's a bit of a miracle that teams weren't wise to it much earlier on last season. The difference now is that a 100k a week player can reasonably be expected to adapt his game and reinvent himself to become successful again. Either that or Claudio needs to come up with a new system for drawing teams out from deep to create space in behind. Either way we need it bloody quickly.

Marked man he maybe but it has proved one thing. He's a one trick pony. Now clubs have worked out how to nullify his pace he has little to offer other than books a film and magazine articles. Not something I am happy to say about him but it seems to be true.

On the stats shown his only improvement on last season upto now is his assists and his wage packet.

8 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Shhh.... maybe, he isnt that good? Maybe he was a one season wonder?

Last season may have been an anomaly in terms of goals, but goalscoring was never his greatest strength- he was always our driving force, setting the tone by defending from the front. He'll never be a one season wonder in my eyes, we've had 3 brilliant years from him.

His issue at the moment is that he appears to have lost sight of what made him a key player for us in the first place.

41 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Last season may have been an anomaly in terms of goals, but goalscoring was never his greatest strength- he was always our driving force, setting the tone by defending from the front. He'll never be a one season wonder in my eyes, we've had 3 brilliant years from him.

His issue at the moment is that he appears to have lost sight of what made him a key player for us in the first place.

Agree completely.

As other have said, the other teams playing deeper has negated some of the defensive work. But without doubt JV has worked his butt off for the 3+ years hes been with us and respect to him for making the most out of what he has.

All this he's been sussed out lark is a load of rubbish, if we pressed like we did last season that would create space and if we played with a fast tempo with the ball on the deck that would also create space but instead we have for some reason decided to play a slow build up and hoof at every opportunity. There is a reason our key players are not shining this season and its because the style of play just does not suit them, Mahrez doesn't want the ball to his head he wants it to feet and Vardy does not want to be competing for headers all game he wants something to run onto.

We are making too many excuses this season saying players are tired or they have got there wage packet they don't care anymore blah blah, simple fact is recruitment has been awful and we have changed our style of play. I feel sorry for Vardy because everyone is saying I told you so but I am more than confident that if we played the same way as we did last year he would be scoring no doubt, its not a case of him not taking his chances he just is not getting any at all!

1 hour ago, Churchill said:

All this he's been sussed out lark is a load of rubbish, if we pressed like we did last season that would create space and if we played with a fast tempo with the ball on the deck that would also create space but instead we have for some reason decided to play a slow build up and hoof at every opportunity. There is a reason our key players are not shining this season and its because the style of play just does not suit them, Mahrez doesn't want the ball to his head he wants it to feet and Vardy does not want to be competing for headers all game he wants something to run onto.

We are making too many excuses this season saying players are tired or they have got there wage packet they don't care anymore blah blah, simple fact is recruitment has been awful and we have changed our style of play. I feel sorry for Vardy because everyone is saying I told you so but I am more than confident that if we played the same way as we did last year he would be scoring no doubt, its not a case of him not taking his chances he just is not getting any at all!

I think a large part of him not getting any chances because his movement is dreadful this season.

The contrast to his best (uninjured) stuff last season (August to November, late Feb to May) is incredible. He's gone from selfless off-the-ball darts into the channels, allowing an easy "out ball" to the full backs and Drinkwater to either standing still next to the centre backs or running in straight lines in behind.

It also doesn't help that he looks significantly slower than last season in the few instances where he's been in a position to chase anything over any sort of distance.

At the moment he's our 3rd best striker by a distance. That Okazaki (notoriously not prolific for us) has scored 3 times since Vardy last scored tells its own story.

That he's supposedly down to be in the England starting XI tonight is ridiculous and once again shows up England as a clique that's almost as hard to break out of as it is to break in. Obviously I hope he does well because it's great to have a Leicester player in the England squad and I hope he can get a much-needed confidence boost but this season he has been as much the architect of his own ineffectiveness as the rest of the team.

2 hours ago, Churchill said:

Totally agree. 

Claudio has actually come out and said he's playing how he has told him to and he's following instructions, e.g. Chelsea away. Here he was told to follow and stay near Sideshow Bob, and in another game not to press. Against Soton the first half he was behind Slimani i.e. playing the supporting role rather than being on the shoulder of the defenders. I'm not sure how great ideas are (they actually sound ridiculous) but I'm not sure it's fair to get on his back given some of the tactics.

Drinkwater for all he's been our best player so far (excepting WBA) is causing a problem in joining Morgan and Huth in the centre of defence to take the ball off them. He's then way too far back to make the clinical through ball to Vards.

From what I have seen the whole team is 20yds further back than last season when we have the ball, and the lump up to Slimani is all to easy and not the answer.

For me, as decent a finisher as is he inhibits a more slick way of playing which suits us. By all means have him on when you can get to the byline and put some crosses in, but launching it 40 yds to anybody when they are 35 yds from goal facing the wrong direction, surrounded by defenders is counter productive to the style that we were successful with. It damages the threat of Vardy most of all because while that's going on he's not getting the ball.

I have said more than once, it seems to me that the obsession with having to use a Plan B and trying to utilise it no matter what could be the issue. Plan A - counter attacking at speed worked fine, while Plan B - a slow build up and then lumping it up to a big guy (who has to have game time as he cost £30m) is ****ing useless. 

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I think a large part of him not getting any chances because his movement is dreadful this season.

The contrast to his best (uninjured) stuff last season (August to November, late Feb to May) is incredible. He's gone from selfless off-the-ball darts into the channels, allowing an easy "out ball" to the full backs and Drinkwater to either standing still next to the centre backs or running in straight lines in behind.

It also doesn't help that he looks significantly slower than last season in the few instances where he's been in a position to chase anything over any sort of distance.

At the moment he's our 3rd best striker by a distance. That Okazaki (notoriously not prolific for us) has scored 3 times since Vardy last scored tells its own story.

That he's supposedly down to be in the England starting XI tonight is ridiculous and once again shows up England as a clique that's almost as hard to break out of as it is to break in. Obviously I hope he does well because it's great to have a Leicester player in the England squad and I hope he can get a much-needed confidence boost but this season he has been as much the architect of his own ineffectiveness as the rest of the team.

As daft as it sounds given my post above, I have thought he doesnt look as quick! 

11 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I do agree to a certain degree, having said that if his confidence is low then the little things like making them runs will be effected. As I said with or without Vardy we have looked poor this season and it all boils down to the way Claudio has set us up to play and I am very confused as to why he has changed a winning formula.

Archived