Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert_Ross

Kasabian

Unfortunately the piss throwing is a regular occurrence at "lad" bands outside gigs. It's 10x worse at an Oasis concert though. Did a bit of people watching before Kasabian came on and there was a lot of people there that you wouldn't expect at that type of concert. You get a lot of football "lads" that listen to Kasabian and it usually ensures that "lads" from different teams end up fighting. It nearly kicked off between some Burnley and Leicester "lads" at one point near me.

Kasabian were incredible, but it was a huge shame about the council flat mob who were just there to start fights, throw piss and crush people half to death. The Jagwar ma set appeared to last for years, ****ing shite. But LSF at the end alone made up for all of that.

Took me an hour and a half to get back to Loughborough, and I didn't even get to go and enjoy the gig! I was at a wedding, the reception was at the student union. Left at 11, probably naively thinking I'd just hop on a train to Loughborough. I turn up as about 4000 other people are being held back from even entering the station by police. There's no info being given by the coppers, as to when we'd be let in, or if extra trains are being put on. Last train is at 23:50, so I thought sod it and legged it across the City to the bus station to jump on the skylink at 23:55. Get there with a good 20 minutes the spare, waited with a good 30 odd people by the bus stop, only for the stupid bitch driving the bus to pull up a good 30 feet short of the stop and 150 people appear from round the corner and jump to the front of the queue. Not a taxi in sight, I had to call and wake up my mum just so I could get out the City, and she kindly dropped me back in Loughborough. That hour and half would have been much longer without doing that. I could have walked back to hers in Thurmaston but I didn't have my key, but that's my fault.

I hope you all enjoyed the gig, it looked great from the pics I've seen, and I'm gutted I missed out on going, but the scenes I've seen tonight prove Leicester is totally not geared up for events of this size.

Edit: in the mist of all that my bloody phone died too! lol

Edited by Facecloth

Yeah course I forgot they played fast fuse lol. Yh there was a lot of pissed up divs there which was disappointing as kinda spoilt it for a few people my mate took his 2 teenage daughters and when something kicked off near them looked terrified.

But on the whole a lot of decent enough people were there too and kasabian were cracking live. So enjoyed it a lot.

we were lucky then as everyone we met were sound...although most were very very pissed.

Didnt see any trouble at all....plenty if chavs....just like at football though

Brilliant, I was near the front in the mosh pit, saw a few scuffles, i'm not justifying it but people are talking as if this is rare, i've not been to that many gigs but the ones I have been to i've seen it all before, like I said i'm not justifying it and they are idiots but on a whole around me in that area most were just enjoying it.

I loved it last night,this was my 3rd time seeing them live, i've not seen them live in a open air gig, so it was something different, kinda think the 2009 gig at De Montfort was better though, although that was my first time seeing them live so that counts for something I guess.

Nah enjoyed it though, looking at videos, it looks better than I remembered it last night though lol

Saw these on the Mercury site - http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Kasabian-Victoria-Park-gig-phenomenal-say-fans/story-21275501-detail/story.html;

http://youtu.be/7Lz6NziC6Ws

Someone said earlier in the thread they heard something about it being filmed for a DVD, not sure if they were serious or not but I hope that's true, although I went and really enjoyed it, think i'd appreciate it more seeing it on a DVD! lol And the fact I'd be able to say I was there. It's all abit of a blur now at the moment!

Edited by Matt

Yeah, astounding amount of bellends about yesterday which was a shame. I've seen Kasabian/Oasis numerous times and there's always a few dickheads at those gigs, but yesterday was jam packed. Saying that, down at the front during the set I thought the atmosphere was nice, whenever someone fell down people picked them up. Also some guy with a rucksack was going round stealing phones so a group of people managed to get it off him and get him chucked out which was good. 

Thought the gig was great, clearly meant a lot to the band and it didn't disappoint.

Also I need that Les-tah t shirt. 

Edited by Finchy

Kasabian were incredible, but it was a huge shame about the council flat mob who were just there to start fights, throw piss and crush people half to death. The Jagwar ma set appeared to last for years, ****ing shite. But LSF at the end alone made up for all of that.

Spot on, I thought it was like lifting up Highcross on a Saturday afternoon and shaking it out on Vicky park!  Very odd selection of people there of all ages.. I was over by the flare to the left of the stage but the worst of the action was bang in the middle

Guest MattP

Can't remember a thing I was so out of it.

To all you lot moaning about scrapping and piss throwing etc what did you expect? That's what happens at gigs like this lol

Brilliant, I was near the front in the mosh pit, saw a few scuffles, i'm not justifying it but people are talking as if this is rare, i've not been to that many gigs but the ones I have been to i've seen it all before, like I said i'm not justifying it and they are idiots but on a whole around me in that area most were just enjoying it.

I loved it last night,this was my 3rd time seeing them live, i've not seen them live in a open air gig, so it was something different, kinda think the 2009 gig at De Montfort was better though, although that was my first time seeing them live so that counts for something I guess.

Nah enjoyed it though, looking at videos, it looks better than I remembered it last night though lol

Someone said earlier in the thread they heard something about it being filmed for a DVD, not sure if they were serious or not but I hope that's true, although I went and really enjoyed it, think i'd appreciate it more seeing it on a DVD! lol And the fact I'd be able to say I was there. It's all abit of a blur now at the moment!

Not been to a concert for a few years but have been to many.

Many rock concerts inc monsters of rock 3 times.

Never seen shite like what happened around us.

Was more like an 80's football match than a concert.

Why did so many people find the need to get totally wasted most of them will remember fvck all this morning.

Spent many week ends at bike rallies with harder men than most of the idiots there last night.

Yet no trouble but a few chavs have a beer and have to fight.

We had four fights around us like within 5yds with kids around us.

• Like 1

I didn't come across an ounce of trouble. Was a decent sized group of us and I don't think any of us saw any trouble, with testosterone, lager and open spaces you're always bound to get the odd scuffle.

Like i said earlier we never saw owt either..yet some saw loads....p.s as some of yoy know i was abit apprehensive about taking my daughter but she loved it...she had a kip though inbetween rudimental and the Aussie act!!!!

Also remember snatching a dirty England flag from some Scottish casual type who was trying to burn it with his lighter. Got a round of applause.  lol

Was chatting to some Aberdeen lads on New Walk before the gig. They seemed pretty impressed with Leicester as a city, but with an atmosphere like it was yesterday it was bound to turn a few heads.

Also remember snatching a dirty England flag from some Scottish casual type who was trying to burn it with his lighter. Got a round of applause.  lol

Was chatting to some Aberdeen lads on New Walk before the gig. They seemed pretty impressed with Leicester as a city, but with an atmosphere like it was yesterday it was bound to turn a few heads.

Saw that lol until someone pointed out it was a free one from the Sun lol

Who the hell were them nobheads with no tops on who were trying to start on loads of people? Me included.

"There was loads of pissed up arseholes there"

Really?! At a Gig?! An outdoor gig?! Stop being so fff'ing stupid and wake up, what were you expecting?!

Best gig I've been to, seen kasabian twice before but they've never pulled off anything like that before.

Glastonbury are going to get one hell of a treat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk