Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Derby County's new sponsor...

Derby County sign new sponsorship deal with JUST EAT

Beating Brighton & Hove Albion 6-2 in the Championship Play-Offs, Derby County have signed a new sponsorship deal with online takeaway ordering service JUST EAT.

Derby County have signed a three-year deal which will see JUST Eat’s logo displayed on the front of the shirts for next season. As part of the deal JUST EAT will include a wide range of activity including experimental stunts as joint activity of the club’s social media platforms.

DerbySponsor.jpg

President & Chief Executive at Derby County Sam Rush said: â€œWe are delighted to have an international brand of JUST EAT’s stature becoming our shirt sponsor for the next three seasons.â€

UK Managing Director of JUST EAT, Graham Corfield said, â€œThis announcement is our first significant venture into sports sponsorship and signifies an exciting new partnership for the brand. We’re hugely thrilled to be sponsoring Derby County Football Club at such a promising time in the club’s history. There’s a real synergy between live sport and takeaway food and we think we have a lot to offer as a brand in the football world. We can’t wait for next season to kick-off and will be cheering the Rams on throughout the Play-Offs too.â€

Will these JUST EAT "experimental stunts" include a sheep roast on the pitch before each match? 

They could slaughter a sheep in the centre circle, roast it on a spit and hand out mutton baps in JUST EAT bags to all the spectators.

In other news, they were very impressive against Brighton yesterday. I hope they now go on to beat QPR or Wigan at Wembley. Neither moneybags QPR nor rugbytown Wigan appeal to me, Derby play decent football, have built a team, rather than just buying success - and it'd be a local derby for us next season.

There’s a real synergy between live sport and takeaway food and we think we have a lot to offer as a brand in the football world.

And with that sentence my entire week is ruined and it is only 11:15 on Monday.

Free season tickets with a takeaway now rather than a mobile phone.

I hope the logo is slightly less intrusive than the buy mobiles one, that was fecking hideous and ridiculously big. Clearly selling their sole for a few extra quid by letting the sponsor dictate the size of the bloody logo.

Derby-County-13-14-kappa-home-football-s

On the size of logos, these are actually subject to regulation by the F.A. I know this from my

previous experience of working with a Conference Club and I set up a sponsorship deal one year and was

personally involved in all this crap.

On the size of logos, these are actually subject to regulation by the F.A. I know this from my

previous experience of working with a Conference Club and I set up a sponsorship deal one year and was

personally involved in all this crap.

I'd imagine there is a maximum size... but I bet not all clubs let their sponsor use it. The Derby one is just horrific.

Archived