Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

The Match of the Day thread.

Really hope that they give us the respect we deserve tonight.

We'll get credit I imagine, probably not enough for some on here, teams like ourselves going to the Bridge and doing alright but ultimately coming away with nothing is not a new thing.

Nugent checked to the right (for the linesman maybe) just before shooting... Why?

Because he is a quality striker, who scores 20 a season, and penalties count..........

Or because he really isn't good enough at this level.

Can't forget what that northern little Scrote did to Lennon and still got away with it no red card no ban ! ?

That happened literally right in front of my seat. Shearer simply kicked him in the face. Knew he'd done it, tried to make amends. The ref did nothing. I remember it like it was yesterday.

That happened literally right in front of my seat. Shearer simply kicked him in the face. Knew he'd done it, tried to make amends. The ref did nothing. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Whenever I am reminded of the Lennon incident, I this makes me feel better.

I'm watching Sunday Supplement on Sky and apparently "Leicester will NOT go down this season"...nice to hear this so soon into the season from pundits and the media.  :scarf:

Three teams have to go down. I've not heard any of the say who will. Looking at the league now I'm starting to think we're going struggle unless we sign some players. We're definitely in for a fight. Only Burnley look in a worse position than us.

Three teams have to go down. I've not heard any of the say who will. Looking at the league now I'm starting to think we're going struggle unless we sign some players. We're definitely in for a fight. Only Burnley look in a worse position than us.

Are you depressed?

What is the basis for this?

Great, only two games into the first PL season for ten years, with one point already on the books and a couple of first-teamers missing due to injuries, you're starting to think we'll struggle.

Can I have some of what you're having?

Really? So club in turmoil crystal palace, west brom and qpr don't also look in worse positions than us - and what was a weakened city team coming away with one point looking like we deserved more after 2 games against the top 5 of last season looks bad? 1 point from 2 games doesn't look great, but considering who we played and the strength of our side, we looked pretty good. I'd be confident saying that we aren't going down or getting anywhere near it if we keep up this level of performance in the next 36 matches.

It's a bit annoying that we didn't get that much recognition on our analysis. Gary tried to shoe horn some in at the end but I thought we deserved more. It seems that someone puts together these player compilations with all the fancy graphics and the pundits have to talk about it because it's all been set up before hand and they don't have the replays and graphics of other players on hand. There's no way they should be talking about Costa for the whole of the match analysis. It seemed that with the Hammond one last game. We all know he wasn't our best player that game but the stats montage had already been done, 'Who shall we do this one on? Yeah that Hammond he looked alright just talk about him for a bit. I'll make the graphics up now'.

Now I have no idea how they compile this show but it just seems too much time is wasted on one player analysis. And over the last two games it seems as if it's the wrong player. There definitely should've been more comments on how we played in the first half.

Still, I'd rather this than stay up till the early hours and hear Leroy Rosenior talk out of his arse hole.

We will struggle? We've played 5th and 3rd from last season.

Just had a quick look how last seasons teams did aginst everton at home, chelsea away and only the following got more than 1 point:

Man City - 3

Liverpool - 3

Tottenham - 3

Southampton - 3

Sunderland - 3

West Brom - 2

Norwich - 2

Only two teams were unbeaten against them and they managed two draws.

Archived