Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Manchester United pre-match thread

What a mouth watering prospect?!...With Matty James probably available too, he'll be desperate to play in this one, so I can see the DD /MJ combo starting with Cambiasso on the bench?.. Hamer to retain his place? And Vardy in for Nugent?.... Roll on next Sunday!!!!

I don't think you are going to get any of that right actually.  James if fit will have to work is way back via the bench and there are a couple of guys in front of him.  Hamer will retain the keeper role only if Kasper is still injured and I don't think Nugent is going to make way for  Vardy just yet.

There really are so many options depending on the manager's chosen approach. What concerns me slightly is not central midfield but rather providing more goals threat in support of Ulloa. 

We desperately need the rapid support of someone like Schlupp but neither he nor the less pacey Mayrez show great signs of scoring and neither does Nugent for all his industry.

With a seeming lack of great scoring potential from central midfield I'm just concerned about where enough goals will be coming from. Four from four games so far has at least kept us competitive but I doubt it will be enough across the season. We won't get many goalscoring opportunities compared with more established teams so it's vital to have others offering a threat as well as Ulloa.

Surely Kevin Phillips can make more of Schlupp's potential - because he does get chances - but we also need more help for Ulloa in the central attacking area.

I don't think you are going to get any of that right actually. James if fit will have to work is way back via the bench and there are a couple of guys in front of him. Hamer will retain the keeper role only if Kasper is still injured and I don't think Nugent is going to make way for Vardy just yet.

Ok, apart from that then I'm spot on!!!!!

There really are so many options depending on the manager's chosen approach. What concerns me slightly is not central midfield but rather providing more goals threat in support of Ulloa. 

We desperately need the rapid support of someone like Schlupp but neither he nor the less pacey Mayrez show great signs of scoring and neither does Nugent for all his industry.

With a seeming lack of great scoring potential from central midfield I'm just concerned about where enough goals will be coming from. Four from four games so far has at least kept us competitive but I doubt it will be enough across the season. We won't get many goalscoring opportunities compared with more established teams so it's vital to have others offering a threat as well as Ulloa.

Surely Kevin Phillips can make more of Schlupp's potential - because he does get chances - but we also need more help for Ulloa in the central attacking area.

Whilst I agree to an extent... we have played some bloody tough teams. If we're still struggling to get others on the score sheet against the weaker teams then I'd perhaps start to worry.

Kasper

De Laet - Morgan - Moore - Konchesky

James - Cambiasso

Drinkwater

Mahrez - Ulloa - Vardy

Really need to play our strongest side rather than wait for somebody to have a mare to make way for our best players in the starting 11, and I think this is either close or it right now.

How can people say James should start, he's not going to be match fit. And as quality of a player he is I wouldn't risk him making his Premier League debut with Leicester against the likes of Mata, Di Maria, RVP and Rooney.

If we need him bring him on. But Pearson will never start him, it won't even be a consideration if all the other CM are fit.

Kasper

De Laet - Morgan - Moore - Konchesky

James - Cambiasso

Drinkwater

Mahrez - Ulloa - Vardy

Really need to play our strongest side rather than wait for somebody to have a mare to make way for our best players in the starting 11, and I think this is either close or it right now.

You say we have to play "our strongest side" but I don't think what people to believe our strongest XI is would have got more than 5 points from the first four games.

I think we have to consider the opposition will be playing 3-4-3. NP has many options but to counter the way Utd play we should play 4-3-3. Hammond will be an important player covering the back 4 and watching Rooney/De Maria whoever plays in the hole. I imagine they will interchange. 

Hamer

De laet Moore Morgan Konchesky

Hammond

Drinkwater      Cambiasso

Mahrez                  Nugent

Ulloa

Bench: Kasper, Was King, knocky, Wood, Jeff S, Vardy, 

Able to make a 5 man midfield when defending and a 3 on 3 when attacking and when on the counter. 

-----------------------------Kasper-------------------------------------

RDL-----------------Moore-----Morgan-------------------Konchesky

-------------------------Hammond------------------------------------

------------------Drinky----------Cambiasso-------------------------

-------------------------Nugent--------------------------------------

------------------Vardy---------Ulloa-------------------------------

With Nuge and Vardy dropping back when they're in possession. Bench is tough to call, as is the keeper situation. Nice problems to have, though.

What I'd like to see:

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

James

Cambiasso

Mahrez

Drinkwater

Vardy

Ulloa

Bench: Hamer, Hammond, King, Wasilewski, Nugent, Schlupp, Knockaert

However, Pearson has already said he is going to bring James back slowly so he won't start. I also reckon Pearson, at home, will want to play the "4-4-2" he likes and our team suits. I also think Nuge will keep his place because of his role within our team. So I think we will see this:

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Konchesky

Mahrez

Hammond

Drinkwater

Schlupp

Nugent

Ulloa

Bench: Hamer, Cambiasso, King, Wasilewski, Vardy, Knockaert, James

Although I wouldn't put 3 CMs on the bench, I can't leave any of them out.

Mahrez was our worst player yesterday and he was rightly subbed at HT, Nugent can fill in in midfield when we don't have the ball. That's why he'll keep his place.

Mahrez got no service what so ever and no help when he got the ball in a woeful team effort in the first half.

He had a few shit touches but judging him on that first half alone would be daft. By contrast, Nugent played on in to the second half and was still very poor.

Yes he can contribute with defensive running but so can Vardy, who gives much more pace and direction. They'd be my choice along with Ulloa. Mahrez has been otherwise excellent this season and his running and passing has created chances everywhere.

I want us to play this side;

Kasper

RDL Morgan Moore Konch

Drinky Cambiassio

Mahrez Nugent Schlupp

Ulloa

4-2-3-1. Bags of pace and power. Take the game to United, nothing to be scared of.

But I doubt this will be the team.

yeah i too would drop schlupp and use him from the bench like the everton game. 

however i dunno if i'd drop him for knockaert, lawrence or albrighton or whether we'd change the formation, drop nuge to a wing/behind ulloa and play 3 in the middle of the park. SO MANY OPTIONS 

Archived