Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Jamie Vardy

I applaud your confidence but £20m is ridiculous, he has payed one great 90 minutes in the Prem this season, England shouldn't even be on his radar all he should be thinking about is solidifying his place in the Leicester starting XI.

you are right he terrorized the United defence at times today butt everyone know how much of a shambles that back 4 is

I completely disagree.

Jamie Vardy has got more to come. There were titterings at my statement in Grandad's Liverpool thread that I'd pick Vardy over Balotelli. I maintain my stance on that. Every day of the week and twice on Sundays. If Vardy stays fit, he is a very dangerous player and yes, absolutely, if I were England manager, I'd be looking at him AND play him in exactly the same way as Pearson does. A strike force with the pace of Sturridge and Vardy, supplied by Sterling? Yes please.

In the post match thread, I said this was the best game he's ever played. His strength is his pace and physicality on the ball, so provided he is fully fit there's no reason why this performance can't be repeated. (It probably shows he was not fully fit latter part of last season, when he wasn't at any near his earlier form.) I wouldn't be surprised if other teams plan to have a second player covering his runs. However, I think he's sufficiently aware to pass to team mates to exploit the gap created.

His goal is also a reflection on the progress he's made since he signed; he was missing similar chances when he first played for City.

It could be harder for him when we play at the KP and teams choose to defend and he hasn't the space to exploit.

I completely disagree.

Jamie Vardy has got more to come. There were titterings at my statement in Grandad's Liverpool thread that I'd pick Vardy over Balotelli. I maintain my stance on that. Every day of the week and twice on Sundays. If Vardy stays fit, he is a very dangerous player and yes, absolutely, if I were England manager, I'd be looking at him AND play him in exactly the same way as Pearson does. A strike force with the pace of Sturridge and Vardy, supplied by Sterling? Yes please.

I'm getting worried Col. We're agreeing more and more at the moment! The best thing about Vardy yesterday was how quickly he brought the ball under control and got up to full speed or made a decision as soon as he got the ball. If he can maintain that, he will be a genuinely world class player. 

Re sell value. To us he's priceless but to a buying team he wouldn't even be close to £10 million at the moment because of his age inexperience. Thought Carragher/Neville (not sure which one) made a good point about Rooney. He may only be 28 but with the number of seasons he's played, its like he's 31/32. This applies to Vardy but the other way. He's 27 but its more like he's 23/24 with the lack of games he's played. That means that he will keep getting better for a good few seasons yet.

Still, a way off getting in the England team as he needs to establish himself in this league but he could do a job for sure.

I completely disagree.

Absolutely. And if I was Roy Hodgson I'd be forging some DNA tests to get Ulloa an English grandparent.

I can see managers thinking now 'bloody hell, better double up on that Vardy', and then we've Got any combination of Ulloa, Drinkwater Cambiasso, Nugent, Mahrez and Schlupp etc to contend with going foward. The blissful times.

they could treble up on him and as long as we keep knocking balls in the channel or in behind for him to run onto he'll get there first

Vardy was shopping in my missus' shop earlier - apparently he bought 3 newspapers (must be keeping them for the scrapbook) but she said he had a slight limp. Thought he just went off with cramp?

Also - Col... I miss the old talking-out-of-arse Col, not this new sense-making Col. You changed, man.

Whats the opposite to a knee jerk reaction.FFS I am not just a city fan, but an England fan, and no way would I chose a city player at the moment.I player who could be taken into the fold Liam Moore.. thats it, thats all, the rest is just 1 game wishfull thinking. England shirt deserves more respect.End of the season or next season, with proof of consistency, then maybe, just maybe.

Whats the opposite to a knee jerk reaction.FFS I am not just a city fan, but an England fan, and no way would I chose a city player at the moment.I player who could be taken into the fold Liam Moore.. thats it, thats all, the rest is just 1 game wishfull thinking. England shirt deserves more respect.End of the season or next season, with proof of consistency, then maybe, just maybe.

I have to say I've always given you an easy ride on your terrible grammar because from your location I assumed you to be a foreign fan. Go work on your sentence structuring you illiterate slob.

Vardy was shopping in my missus' shop earlier - apparently he bought 3 newspapers (must be keeping them for the scrapbook) but she said he had a slight limp. Thought he just went off with cramp?

Also - Col... I miss the old talking-out-of-arse Col, not this new sense-making Col. You changed, man.

every interview so far i've heard with either vardy or nigel it's been referred to as "just a touch of cramp, his job was done, no need to keep him out there" etc. he'll be fine for next week says dr scousefox. 

every interview so far i've heard with either vardy or nigel it's been referred to as "just a touch of cramp, his job was done, no need to keep him out there" etc. he'll be fine for next week says dr scousefox.

Sure hope so, although if he does need a break I'd like to think now wouldn't be such a bad time

It's so depressing that he is 27/28 though. Imagine if he was 24, I'd be spaffing everywhere.

He's got loads of years left in him, he's like a mental spaniel puppy charging around the pitch. Super Kev was plenty effective for us last season at 40!

Was it just me who thought that, as good as Vardy's performance was yesterday, it was basically exactly what they were expecting to see?

He basically played exactly as he did in the championship, it's just that the United defence had absolutely no idea what to do about it. Makes a mockery of van Gaal's assertion that he knew everything about us.

Was it just me who thought that, as good as Vardy's performance was yesterday, it was basically exactly what they were expecting to see?

He basically played exactly as he did in the championship, it's just that the United defence had absolutely no idea what to do about it. Makes a mockery of van Gaal's assertion that he knew everything about us.

Yes, agree. But with Vardy it's less about knowing what he's going to do and more about working out how to stop it. Raw pace is a bit obvious but it's not easy to defend against. Or Lloyd would never have gotten a professional contract.

Oh dont worry.. as soon as I begin to disagree with the majority I'm sure normal service will be resumed.

:thumbup:

I'm as big a fan as the rest of you - the bloke is so refreshing. Has the enthusiasm of a kid and an abundance of attitude and ability to go with it. I can understand his nickname because the bloke's a warrior. Once he goes off there seems to be no stopping him.

It's hard to quantify but  I wonder if our club's now one of the happiest in football, if not the happiest.

The atmosphere and comaraderie seems electric.

Pearson has focused so strongly on togetherness and team over self yet he's proved he can let individuals express themselves within that philosophy. After days of watching apologist, hardly-a-shot performances at places like Barnsley it's a revelation to see us showing such belief that we'll front up to anyone.

I've watched Leicester for over 57 years and don't believe we've ever had a better team or team spirit. I just hope Pearson stays around to be the best manager in our history because that's the way it's shaping up and what a story that would make.    

I completely disagree.

I think my main problem is that i totally hate International football or England to be more precise, Im not saying i dont think he is good enough for england but when you hear him in interviews all he is concerned about is the next match he isn't going to let the united win go to his head. plus Roy has his squad of forwards pretty much picked and it would take a awful lot to break in

I know much has been made of the performance of Vardy! Just fantastic. I've just read an article from a footballer who played against him in non-league football, some great insight about the guy. 

Link to that piece - http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-non-league/21630/jamie-vardys-fabulous-fairy-tale/ 

It's by a secret non league footballer. Has anything been spilled online as who he is?!

Cheers 

Archived