Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mjeb

Radio Leicester - Stringer

Stringer is just a juicy bellend.

It's so clear that he is not liked amongst so many different people. Management, players and potentially owners as well.

I fail to see why he is in such high regard at BBC Radio Leic that they don't just get rid of him and repair relations with the club.

I only listen to Radio Leic after games on the way home. It's such a pointless show now, they just have callers ring up and chat till 6PM! Half haven't been to the game either, and the other half, on the whole are complete ******.

All of a sudden they will stop a caller mid convo and cut to whoever at 5Live who has been interviewing the oppositions manager - bizarre.

Complete ****wits

I fail to see why he is in such high regard at BBC Radio Leic that they don't just get rid of him and repair relations with the club.

Local media such as radio Leicester and the Mercury don't really care about quality content any more. They are under pressure to survive and thus stats are now the master, they are all slaves to online clicks / calls / listeners / reader volume etc. This suits Stringers gutter press style down to the ground as he's always about the soundbite or the headline over quality or content. A question about 5 at the back over four at the back can't be strung out for a week over different media formats like Pearson getting arsing about him continually asking about his job safety etc.

Radio Leicester in general seem to have chosen this direction to go in, as people who never used to be like Stringer have all started doing exactly what he always has done. It's sad, but the general state of local papers and stations is as much to blame as Stringer.

I suspect Radio Leicester are gambling on the fact that they don't think Pearson will be around for very long and Stringer will be able to build a new relationship with his successor. Unfortunately it looks like they may be naïve in this assumption.

I'm still praying for Mick McCarthy if he goes just for a laugh.

I think it's a shame the club have cut off a major channel of communication with their support and perhaps they could have abided Stringer a little longer, especially when you consider that results haven't been good, the support have remained largely very positive and yet there have been incidents where staff have appeared to be very critical of the fans. That said, I think he's a dreadful interviewer (though really not such a bad commentator) and I understand why Pearson would have been fed up of the same old questions, many of which were unnecessarily confrontational and few of which ever gave someone who's an expert the chance to explain his decision-making to people, like us, who aren't.

Sadly national interviewers don't know the side, or the issues which concern fans, well enough to ask interesting questions. Stringer should have known to ask these, but he didn't. My own impression was always that he wasn't very well-prepared for interviews but still wanted to ask testing questions, and now we're just left with a whole host of other very poorly prepared and researched questions by interviewers who never ask testing questions.

I suspect Radio Leicester are gambling on the fact that they don't think Pearson will be around for very long and Stringer will be able to build a new relationship with his successor. Unfortunately it looks like they may be naïve in this assumption.

It is not a question of being naive.

It is about standing up to bullies, intimidation and threats from a tyrant.

Radio Leicester are saying "we will not send along a YES man to ask easy questions".

As fans and members of the general public we should support this stance, otherwise known as freedom of the press.

If a reporter is only allowed to ask certain questions to certain people then what is the point of sending anyone at all.

I repeat - this is not Putin's Russia and the sooner Pearson is put in his place (out of work) the better for everyone.

Radio Leicester are saying "we will not send along a YES man to ask easy questions".

As fans and members of the general public we should support this stance, otherwise known as freedom of the press.

If a reporter is only allowed to ask certain questions to certain people then what is the point of sending anyone at all.

I repeat - this is not Putin's Russia and the sooner Pearson is put in his place (out of work) the better for everyone.

Wow, another Pearson bashing thread.

What a load of nonsense, Stringer used his position in a way unbecoming of that position, because of his personal agenda

lol He's refusing to speak to ONE person.

You need to calm down and get a sense of perspective. It's a football manager not telling the fans something to one man that he tells to other journalists.

It's only a game for ****s sake.

lol He's refusing to speak to ONE person.

You need to calm down and get a sense of perspective. It's a football manager not telling the fans something to one man that he tells to other journalists.

It's only a game for ****s sake.

Yes and no. A game we throw huge portions of our disposable income at and which, in return, others make many millions out of. And a game which has a habit of dictating how upbeat or downbeat thirty or so thousand people feel 1, 2 or 3 days a week. I find it easy to dismiss 'think while you drink', or 'darts cricket', or a quick match of table football as 'only a game', but it's hard to do the same with football.

You do know all this came about due to Stringer doing a cut throat gesture in front of players don't you?

Radio Leicester in general seem to have chosen this direction to go in, as people who never used to be like Stringer have all started doing exactly what he always has done. It's sad, but the general state of local papers and stations is as much to blame as Stringer.

I'm still praying for Mick McCarthy if he goes just for a laugh.

I'd much rather have Mick McCarthy doing the commentary than Stringer, Babs that's a great shout.

As soon as Stringer made that cut throat gesture he should have been dismissed by the BBC. An unbelievable liberty taken and appalling thing for a so called journalist to do.

Neville Foulger would be turning in his grave.

I think it's a shame the club have cut off a major channel of communication with their support 

They haven't. Pearson will speak to RL, just not one to one person they employ; surely RL have someone who can ask the relevant questions, they choose not to exercise that option, as is their right, but I think they're wrong. Pearson could ban Rob Tanner from asking questions and I suspect the Mercury would send James Sharpe instead. RL are not helping themselves in my opinion.

Pearson wouldn't expect them to send one of those anyway. It's not rocket science to ask difficult questions in the right way without coming across as unprofessional or agenda-driven. Why RL can't send someone to ask all the questions properly, including the difficult ones, is beyond me.

You do know all this came about due to Stringer doing a cut throat gesture in front of players don't you?

Has he mentioned this on air or has anyone raised it on air?

As soon as Stringer made that cut throat gesture he should have been dismissed by the BBC. An unbelievable liberty taken and appalling thing for a so called journalist to do.

Neville Foulger would be turning in his grave.

Nev is alive and well as far as I'm aware.

The fact is that Stringer did the finger across the throat behind Pearson. No amount of saying sorry or pleading with the club is ever going to change that. The club has basically sent Stringer to Coventry and there is no way back for him. If radio Leicester want to interview Pearson, they need a different person to do it, but what i don't get is why don't they just use another reporter who works there, its simple enough, or are radio leicester trying to make some sort of a point by not doing so?

Yes and no. A game we throw huge portions of our disposable income at and which, in return, others make many millions out of. And a game which has a habit of dictating how upbeat or downbeat thirty or so thousand people feel 1, 2 or 3 days a week. I find it easy to dismiss 'think while you drink', or 'darts cricket', or a quick match of table football as 'only a game', but it's hard to do the same with football.

It's a game compared to the comparisons of tyranny and opression I've read on here.

The problem I personally have with Stringer is his unprofessionalism. he flip flops from trying to be "the man of the people" to "the fan" to "the cutting edge journalist". Imo he fails miserably at all of them! More importantly, the thing that is his main remit, matchday commentary he is abysmal at! NP has his faults and it's been a controversial,testing season so far, however, I do not blame NP for not dealing with him re football matters!

Have we been too quick to judge Stringer?

I am just listening to the football forum from the 15th and Stringer dealing with caller questions etc...

Although I think he is a idiot on a personal level, professionally is he just doing his job?

Pearson's refusal to talk to him adds to the evidence suggesting that Pearson is out of control (i.e. agree with me or f*** off!).

We do not live in communist China or Putin's Russia where any form of opposition or dissent is suppressed through fear and threats etc.

Pearson should have more professionalism about him as ambassador and leader of the club.

Stringer is a c*** but in terms of his questions to Pearson, I think that he is in the right.

Pearson's refusal to deal with Stringer is another kick in the face to us fans!

(thanks Mods for moving this discussion to the appropriate place :)

Haha.

I have no idea, I've given up with the station.

But lets put it this way, we've not been asked to remove the accusation from this site.

I don't think there's any doubt it happened because Ian gave his bosses a different explanation about what it meant. His bosses appear to have backed him over the explanation but from what I gather you might struggle to find anyone (players, manager, senior execs) at LCFC who buys it.

The fact is that Stringer did the finger across the throat behind Pearson. No amount of saying sorry or pleading with the club is ever going to change that. The club has basically sent Stringer to Coventry and there is no way back for him. If radio Leicester want to interview Pearson, they need a different person to do it, but what i don't get is why don't they just use another reporter who works there, its simple enough, or are radio leicester trying to make some sort of a point by not doing so?

I suspect they're making the "we won't be dictated to, as to who does the interviews" point - which is fair enough and is totally their right but it's not really helping them in the short term or, possibly, the longer term. The whole thing is a mess - the Beeb can help themselves (by getting interviews and re-establishing some goodwill) but they choose not to.

Also, I've never heard Ian publicly say "NP will talk to us but not me specifically and it's our choice not to get someone else to ask the questions" - but I don't listen to as much of their output as some of you lot probably do.

I don't think there's any doubt it happened because Ian gave his bosses a different explanation about what it meant. His bosses appear to have backed him over the explanation but from what I gather you might struggle to find anyone (players, manager, senior execs) at LCFC who buys it.

I suspect they're making the "we won't be dictated to, as to who does the interviews" point - which is fair enough and is totally their right but it's not really helping them in the short term or, possibly, the longer term. The whole thing is a mess - the Beeb can help themselves (by getting interviews and re-establishing some goodwill) but they choose not to.

Also, I've never heard Ian publicly say "NP will talk to us but not me specifically and it's our choice not to get someone else to ask the questions" - but I don't listen to as much of their SHITE as some of you lot probably do.

Key word Sir,

Also, I've never heard Ian publicly say "NP will talk to us but not me specifically and it's our choice not to get someone else to ask the questions" - but I don't listen to as much of their output as some of you lot probably do.

Someone on Monday accused Stringer of having stirring or having a vendetta against Pearson and Stringer got quite shirty about it, I forget what was actually said now but he said something along the lines of he has tried to talk to the club to get back talking with them, his bosses at the BBC have spoke to the club trying to get interviews e.t.c, but I have never heard him say or admit that the problem is between the club and him.

What will be interesting is if (Or when, I think it is only a matter of time unfortunately) Pearson goes whether the players will start talking to Stringer again or not.

A heated exchange between Matt and I who claimed I was 'stirring' the #LCFC situation - downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/leice… - I disagreed

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/leicester/lcff/lcff_20150216-1750a.mp3

If I remember correctly I think the bit i'm talking about is around the 30 minute mark.

By the way 'Matt' isn't me! lol

Archived