Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

SEVILLA!

3 hours ago, Grewks said:

I'd take no more premier league football in my life time for a champions league title.

No chance- I suppose it depends how old you are, but there's no way I'd trade one crazy achievement for around 50 years (if I'm lucky) of total failure. Look at Forest, their older generation have their success to look back on with fondness, but their children and grandchildren have nothing- anyone under 25 won't even remember them as a Premier League club! As great as winning it would be, the depression of totally collapsing as a football club like them would outweigh the joy massively.

7 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

No chance- I suppose it depends how old you are, but there's no way I'd trade one crazy achievement for around 50 years (if I'm lucky) of total failure. Look at Forest, their older generation have their success to look back on with fondness, but their children and grandchildren have nothing- anyone under 25 won't even remember them as a Premier League club! As great as winning it would be, the depression of totally collapsing as a football club like them would outweigh the joy massively.

Agree with this, couldn't stand the frustration of never coming back up, it would be dire for the rest of my time supporting us and the achievement would fade away

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Well Paul Merson fancies them to destroy us and thinks they've got a chance of winning the whole thing, and suddenly I feel a bit optimistic. 

Going on his predictions for the FA Cup winners I think we have a lot to be hopeful about! 

6 minutes ago, Langston said:

Wasn't sure where to pop this. Wonder whether we're looking at someone in particular or just a potential opponent down the line.

Must be a player as most people reckon we are not in the competition anymore 

good to see Ryan Giggs has got a new job though 

21 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Champions league, tapas, sangria, 20 odd degrees, time off work?

Yeah don't know why we are bothering to be honest.

All that's peripheral bollox. I'd rather do all that in the summer.  It's the football that matters. Hope you enjoy it.

25 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

All that's peripheral bollox. I'd rather do all that in the summer.  It's the football that matters. Hope you enjoy it.

Haha il do all that in the summer somewhere when I'm not ready to top myself over a football result as well ta.

2 hours ago, Langston said:

Wasn't sure where to pop this. Wonder whether we're looking at someone in particular or just a potential opponent down the line.

Personally would not read to much into it. Somehow the Wigan scout managed to work out a midweek trip out of the cold to sunny benfica. With no players on show interested in a move to them. Maybe we should get him instead of Ruskin, clearly he can work angles to get things done. 

We will have scouts all over the shop but these are potential future Champions League opponents so obviously worth scouting. That may sound optimistic but who knows, Barca got dicked 4-0 when it should have been doubled so if Sevilla get 6 men sent off I reckon we will get the tie wrapped up within 90 mins.

17 hours ago, Grewks said:

I'd take no more premier league football in my life time for a champions league title.

Ain't gonna happen. Very happy we didn't draw any big shark. At least with sevilla, we'll get trashed away but maybe can go out in a blaze of glory at the KP.

5 hours ago, Langston said:

lol Middlesbrought.

Winning the CL or FA cup in exchange for being relegated, does tend to polarise views and, just because I'm of the older age group doesn't mean that my view is more valid than someone a lot younger. However, if you'd offered me 3yrs ago, if you can be promoted,  have a great escape first year, win the Premiership the second and play in the Champions league in return for the next 3yrs back in the Championship,  I would have snapped your hands off, believing that it couldn't happen and was so far fetched! 

The problem is, once you've had a taste...

Personally I'd rather be a yoyo club occasionally winning something than being a Stoke/West Brom who constantly finishes mid way. I actually really enjoyed the Championship the last 2 or 3 seasons compared to some of the non competative one's in the Premiership / Division 1 where we regularly got beat. The novelty of seeing the supposed 'best players' beat us every week soon wore off. 

I'm an optomist still at present as I can see us finishing 5th from bottom and semi finals of the FA cup (Seville a trip too far). Then, if we stay up, I see a bright future with the really young players we have + a couple of additions. If we did happen to go down, I'd still look forward to next season,  I'm incurable!

Archived