Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

The patronising tone from the media towards our predicament and fans

The amount of people who agree with this is shocking. 

I don't care that football fans think like this but the fact journalists and pundits also spout rubbish similar to this is irritating.

If we lost 36-0 today Ranieri would still be our greatest ever manager.

But that is totally different to saying he should stay for as long as he wants.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

"Leicester have lost x amount of matches", "haven't scored for six games", "haven't won away for 10 months", "are heading firmly for relegation", "can't see where the next point is coming from".

But they shouldn't complain or criticise.

Looking foward to the column inches and headlines dedicated to that narrative this week.

Does my head in. Hypocrites the lot of them.

Look how they were all on Mourinho's back last year for being mid-table as reigning champions with Chelsea. That sacking was "justified".

We are 17th! Yes no one expected us to challenge again but no way should we be as low as this. Yet we're "fickle" for wanting change.

I don't think our fans, in the main, have been that unreasonable. Most of the complaints I've heard and read are based on things that are happening and relevant. I think taking the credit away from Ranieri for the title win is ridiculous but nothing I've not heard from journalists and pundits.

But I defend the right for any fan to complain about this season. The club didn't stop in May. It now operates at a vastly-inflated level from that time. We shouldn't accept this any more than any other set of fans, unexpected title win or not.

But it's easy for an outsider to tell us what to think. 

I love Ranieri dearly but the club is bigger than him. 

99% of Leicester have been nothing but totally respectful towards Ranieri and his name is sung at every game, as it should be. But that doesn't equate to being content with the state of the team.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

I love Ranieri dearly but the club is bigger than him. 

99% of Leicester have been nothing but totally respectful towards Ranieri and his name is sung at every game, as it should be. But that doesn't equate to being content with the state of the team.

Absolutely. Believing there should be a change doesn't equate to hating the man, there's a lot of reluctance amongst many to even think like this. As with Pearson two years ago however, if he was to be sacked I don't think he could complain- this is a results business and they are terrible to match the performances.

To be honest, the most disrespectful things I've heard about Ranieri are giving him virtually no credit for the title win.

27 minutes ago, Koke said:

Watch this from 25:01 onwards. Jenas talking utter rubbish. He will slate us & predict we will go down on MOTD and then say Ranieri should have a job for life.

I had to turn that off yesterday, I only had it on the background but I was too annoyed at the bollocks they were spouting. Jake Humphrey is an annoying twat as well.

Fvck the pundits who are having a go at the Leicester fans that want Claudio gone (me included). If they think that getting rid of him is the wrong thing to do then they are in huge denial.

They can pretend to be know-it-alls as much as they want but they haven't followed our club closely enough to spew their bullshit opinions.

Everyone I speak to about Leicester who isn't a Leicester supporter (and even those who joined us last season and have now moved back to the fringes of support) just assume that as we won the premier league football has stopped. We've achieved everything we've wanted and now we should just lay down and take whatever we get. That mentality annoys me so so much and they have no right to tell me how to support MY club that I've supported since I were a young lad. Players, managers, plastics and media attention all comes and go, but us fans are here, loyal for life and we get told we are not true fans as we don't like what we see every week.

Pundits/commentators I'm sure spout this boll0cks because either they know it'll wind up the fans and/or it'll whip up more media hysteria (around his eventual sacking) which is good for them and their employers. I guess others will say Ranieri shouldn't be axed because they have no emotional bond towards LCFC but they do towards this genuinely nice chap who was at the helm of something brilliant which has never been witnessed in their line of work.  They're still in cuckoo land over what CR did so they're totally loyal to him... they don't give a crap about the club or it's fans.

All we hear from the media with regards to Ranieri is what a nice guy he is, the only praise they ever have for him is with regards to his character.

You don't hear them claim Ranieri won us the league with his tactical genius, because he adopted a system already popular with the squad.

You don't hear them claim Ranieri made major signings which turned us from a side battling relegation to one fighting for the title, because he didn't.

This was the season Ranieri's managerial ability would be tested. We knew he needed a plan B and we also knew he needed to recruit well. He has done neither.

My only problem with getting rid, who do we replace him with?

I'd have no issue with offering the job to Rowett. I want a manager at the helm who can grow with the club, again. For me, he did top jobs at Burton and Brum. Might even be the sort of guy who could convince Shakey to stay.

I agree with the general gist of what people have said on here, but I did notice yesterday that the mood music is starting to change in the media. I think the penny has dropped with some media outlets that things are pretty bad purely because of some of the stats that we're beginning to churn out. We feature pretty prominently in the sports press this morning along the lines of 'what is broken at Leicester'?

I think I speak for the vast majority of Leicester fans who would have traded winning the title for relegation the year after if we were offered that 12 months a go.

However, it isn't a trade off, that's not how things work. We've won the league and it was brilliant, we all witnessed something we never thought we'd live to see but we have to live in the moment. The past is the past and I want what's best for my club in the future and if Ranieri and these players aren't the men to take us forwards then I want them out. The well being of the club ALWAYS comes first over sentiment.

1 hour ago, GazzinderFox said:

I agree with the general gist of what people have said on here, but I did notice yesterday that the mood music is starting to change in the media. I think the penny has dropped with some media outlets that things are pretty bad purely because of some of the stats that we're beginning to churn out. We feature pretty prominently in the sports press this morning along the lines of 'what is broken at Leicester'?

I hope so.

I thought Martin Keown correctly showed the problem last night on MOTD2. He showed several clips of our players hoofing it or passing it back to the keeper instead of making foward passes or to the wings.

Other than Keown nobody else in the media have actually diagnosed the problem ie ball retention, recruitment etc. It's been a lot of repetitive talk about Kante and fighting spirit and bollocks like that.

I'm going to burn all the memorabilia I collected last season because we're crap now and people tell me we shouldn't enjoy what happened so I'm just going to erase the memories, every last one. I'm going to wallow in misery about this season and every forthcoming miserable season. Oh... and perspective, they say, also means a lack of ambition. Let's be miserable about Leicester City, every second of every day, because that will make our lives so much better. [Hope this fits the media patronising narrative.]

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

I hope so.

I thought Martin Keown correctly showed the problem last night on MOTD2. He showed several clips of our players hoofing it or passing it back to the keeper instead of making foward passes or to the wings.

Other than Keown nobody else in the media have actually diagnosed the problem ie ball retention, recruitment etc. It's been a lot of repetitive talk about Kante and fighting spirit and bollocks like that.

It helps that Keown has played for us though. Others have no link to us bar Savage and its throw out a few cliches about team spirit as you say and job done.

16 hours ago, Koke said:

Watch this from 25:01 onwards. Jenas talking utter rubbish. He will slate us & predict we will go down on MOTD and then say Ranieri should have a job for life.

Wheey Foxestalk mention.

I do get this patronising tone though. I got called Fickle for not being bothered about a Leicester movie yesterday. I'm supposed to care about a movie in our current shit state.

Ranieri should have a job for life... wtf... he should only keep his job if he gets us playing good football starts to get results. We shouldn't accept relegation, and have to put up with some terrible football. We would love him to stay but if he drags us further down then you just have no choice but to make a change. 

Archived