Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

Extraordinary game on The Chase today.  

The first bloke went for £6,000 on the head to head and got all of his questions correct.  The next two went for a lower total (one of them even went for a negative amount) only to answer all of their questions correctly too.  The last quizzer also went for a negative amount and came back despite getting some answers wrong.

You have to feel for the first bloke (he answered most of questions for the final chase at the end too),  he must be really seething as the team could have won 60 or 150k.  The young bloke have some confidence issues so I can understand him going for a lower total but I cannot understand two women who went for negative total especially the last one.   

Edited by The Blur

33 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Extraordinary game on The Chase today.  

Hide contents

The first bloke went for £6,000 on the head to head and got all of his questions correct.  The next two went for a lower total (one of them even went for a negative amount) only to answer all of their questions correctly too.  The last quizzer also went for a negative amount and came back despite getting some answers wrong.

You have to feel for the first bloke (he answered most of questions for the final chase at the end too),  he must be really seething as the team could have won 60 or 150k.  The young bloke have some confidence issues so I can understand him going for a lower total but I cannot understand two women who went for negative total especially the last one.   

The first bloke actually got 9k, the 2nd £300 and then the women took -3k between them. That Darragh guy knew his stuff 

On 26/03/2017 at 22:25, Harry96 said:

Anyone else watching line of duty? Excellent start to season 4 

Hadn't watched any before so I've just started on series 1. Got one episode to go, and it's been brilliant so far.

• Like 2

Fuch me I just looked at the TV schedule to see when MOTD's on this week and I see there's now a Mrs Brown talk show.  Who on earth thought that was a good idea?  He's painfully unfunny enough when he's had the time to sit down think his lines through. What the British public is willing to support horrifies me more each day.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Fuch me I just looked at the TV schedule to see when MOTD's on this week and I see there's now a Mrs Brown talk show.  Who on earth thought that was a good idea?  He's painfully unfunny enough when he's had the time to sit down think his lines through. What the British public is willing to support horrifies me more each day.

I don't get it, I just can't find the humour in it at all. 

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

I cannot bear that clown O'Carroll and I can't understand why it's become the hit that it has.

Fr Ted was the last Irish comedy to cross over abroad but you couldnt argue with that. Mrs Browns Boys success is baffling.

Watched the latest series of Not Going Out in the last fortnight.

A bit of a guilty pleasure and didnt enjoy the last one but its had a return to form after I believed it had jumped the shark.

Lee Mack and Tim Vine were better but it's still very enjoyable.

1 hour ago, peterborofox said:

LOD is excellent 

I'm watching all again now into second series. And the new series started off superb 

If anyone is interested, all episodes since start are available on YouTube 

The interrogation scenes, throughout the series, are fantastic brilliant acting.

On 3/26/2017 at 22:25, Harry96 said:

Anyone else watching line of duty? Excellent start to season 4 

On 3/28/2017 at 21:36, urban.spaceman said:

Absolutely agreed. Thandie Newton - wow.

I've found season 3, season 4 and a film. where am i looking?

watched the first 4 episodes of the walking dead and i have to say, it's an amazing, well made show. characters have depth ,backstory and they just seem...real!

(some walking dead season 1 spoilers)

hated those hispanic guys at first but they turned out to be alright

my favorite character right now is Glenn (please don't bite the dust)

characters that i like:

glenn, rick, daryl dixon, the old man in the camp and dwayne and his father

characters that i don't like:

rick's wife and shane (you know why), the racist dixon brother(merle) and  ed (but he's gone)

characters that will make my life and rick's worse in the near future:

jim, man o man he seems like a ticking bomb that will explode on rick's face any moment now:sweating:, he was digging holes (they seemed like graves to melol) and when he said to rick's wife "keep your kid close" i was likebe1.png.6e794d9e63aa6352d1b04d1bca2d78ed.png

the second one is, COOORL!!:facepalm: man he seems like a headache, i hate liabilities and he seems like a big one, doesn't seems like he's dying any time soon so i will be prepared for him to be rick's biggest road block (and the main cause of my frustration, sigh:dry:)

merle, bad news for everyone, nothing scarier than a man looking for revenge, i think he will be going down but not without taking some people with him, i would say that one of the old man, shane and T-dog are gonna go down because of him(T-dog needs to watch his back). he is bad news for rick and he needs (rick) to give him the silver treatment and call it a day. a man who is prepared to cut his hand with a saw to get his revenge (he did that to escape but still) can not be reasoned with.

disclaimer: the lists can be altered, so is opinions about the characters in this show:P

Edited by the fox

3 hours ago, the fox said:

watched the first 4 episodes of the walking dead and i have to say, it's an amazing, well made show. characters have depth ,backstory and they just seem...real!

(some walking dead season 1 spoilers)

hated those hispanic guys at first but they turned out to be alright

my favorite character right now is Glenn (please don't bite the dust)

characters that i like:

glenn, rick, daryl dixon, the old man in the camp and dwayne and his father

characters that i don't like:

rick's wife and shane (you know why), the racist dixon brother(merle) and  ed (but he's gone)

characters that will make my life and rick's worse in the near future:

jim, man o man he seems like a ticking bomb that will explode on rick's face any moment now:sweating:, he was digging holes (they seemed like graves to melol) and when he said to rick's wife "keep your kid close" i was likebe1.png.6e794d9e63aa6352d1b04d1bca2d78ed.png

the second one is, COOORL!!:facepalm: man he seems like a headache, i hate liabilities and he seems like a big one, doesn't seems like he's dying any time soon so i will be prepared for him to be rick's biggest road block (and the main cause of my frustration, sigh:dry:)

merle, bad news for everyone, nothing scarier than a man looking for revenge, i think he will be going down but not without taking some people with him, i would say that one of the old man, shane and T-dog are gonna go down because of him(T-dog needs to watch his back). he is bad news for rick and he needs (rick) to give him the silver treatment and call it a day. a man who is prepared to cut his hand with a saw to get his revenge (he did that to escape but still) can not be reasoned with.

disclaimer: the lists can be altered, so is opinions about the characters in this show:P

WOW are you in for an eventful ride across the next 7 seasons

Just now, Beliall said:

WOW are you in for an eventful ride across the next 7 seasons

i heard nothing but good things about this show, i watched breaking bad but TWD had a better start, so here's for hoping that the show delivers.

there are very few shows that i didn't feel bored watching them and the walking dead is definetly one.