Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Yep, went at that time two years ago. Wonderful place.

Few tips somewhere in this thread if you search my posts. :thumbup:

You mean I have to do the work? 

Looks stunning and ticks all of the boxes of decent  weather/food/things to do.

48 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

You mean I have to do the work? 

Looks stunning and ticks all of the boxes of decent  weather/food/things to do.

As Super Hans is your profile pic... :thumbup:

On 6/10/2015 at 20:02, Voll Blau said:

If you're looking for a good bar in Dubrovnik old town, try Buza (aka the hole in the wall bar). It's on the seaward side of the wall. Not well signposted but a great venue and fantastic views. Locals should be able to direct you as it's not somewhere found in the tourist guides.

Cheapest place we found in the old town for booze was the Exit Rock Cafe, which is in an alley off the main street, towards the port end of town.

Echo what you say about the locals, never met a bad egg there. Never felt hassled to buy anything and they genuinely seem honoured you choose to visit their area.

Another decent place for a relaxing drink is the Cave Bar in Lapad, where we were based. Half inside a cave, half on decking overlooking the bay.

Also recommend getting the ferry over to Lokrum island for a day.

On Monday, March 06, 2017 at 14:22, Wrighty22 said:

Has anyone ever been to Split, Croatia? 

It's a potential destination for a stag do.

Dont know if it counts...

I have Split several times, usually when the husband  comes home unexpectantly....:blush:

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

As Super Hans is your profile pic... :thumbup:

Another decent place for a relaxing drink is the Cave Bar in Lapad, where we were based. Half inside a cave, half on decking overlooking the bay.

Also recommend getting the ferry over to Lokrum island for a day.

Haha thanks mate.

I'm only there for 3 days but like to check out the best places to go for a nice drink. The hotel I am going to stay at offers a free boat transfer to the old town which is pretty cool.

Edit- Cave Bar looks decent.

Edited by Costock_Fox

4 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Haha thanks mate.

I'm only there for 3 days but like to check out the best places to go for a nice drink. The hotel I am going to stay at offers a free boat transfer to the old town which is pretty cool.

Edit- Cave Bar looks decent.

We were based in Cavtat which was about a 25-30min sea taxi trip between Cavtat itself and Dubrovnik old town. A lovely little fishing village with some incredible restaurants, we found it slightly cheaper than Dubrovnik and far more relaxing in the evening.

Dubrovnik was lovely in May, it was hot in the day but not at the temperatures where you don't feel like you can't do anything. I think the hottest day we had there was one of days walking around Dubrovnik old town, we spent some time at the hole in the wall bar, a few cool drinks and the sea breeze did the job. On the opposite side of the old town is an exit from the old town itself that looks straight at the cable cars, as you come out of the exit theres a small car park to the right, at the back is a small pizzeria which served quality food and drink at very cheap prices for that part of town, a quick google maps search and I believe it's called Pizzeria Tabasco. 

Have a good time!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bovril said:

Try to get to Ischia. More beautiful than Capri imo. Naples is great fun. 

Cheers for that. Will look into it, Naples looks a certainty, especially after the Champions League dream died last night.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, The Floyd said:

Going to Bali mid June and probably should have thought about vaccinations a bit sooner. I've done a little bit of research and it's inconclusive, anyone know a rough idea of what I'll need?

Not 100% but as far as injections go you probably need a needle (Sorry).

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

Had a long weekend in Parma and Modena recently. Would really recommend it. Amazing art, architecture, food and of course a classic football team.

Been to Parma, lovely place. If you ever get the chance, go and watch Napoli...you won't forget it.:D

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

Im in rome  atm ang have just googled it. You have to book 2 days in advance. Food looks nice though. Is it pricey?

We popped in and just took any table they had the next day. I wouldn't say it was overly expensive. We shared a steak around 18oz, 2-3 sides and a bottle of red, no more than what you'd expect to pay in England. Really nice. 

Cheaper option, plus plenty of pasta is trattoria dell'omo. Some of the simplest yet tastiest food I've ever eaten. Don't expect anything in terms of fine dining or friendly service. 

Head to dolce maniera too for some pastries/cakes.

Edited by Turtles Head
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

How y Leicesternding the place so far? Not   n eenough pasta yet for my likin g 

Were Between the Spanish steps and the Trevi fountaIn. Theres a load of cheapish restaurants around the trevi fountain. Theyre Not great but edible. Ill wear my Leicester shirt tomorrow. If you see me give us a wave.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Were Between the Spanish steps and the Trevi fountaIn. Theres a load of cheapish restaurants around the trevi fountain. Theyre Not great but edible. Ill wear my Leicester shirt tomorrow. If you see me give us a wave.

We're heading that way tomorrow so I'll keep an eye out 

I am looking to take my girlfriend somewhere in UK for a weekend break.  I am thinking of Edinburgh but I am very open to any suggestions from coastal villages to city breaks.  

She is not the walking type so no long nature walks but any small nearby attractions ( for remote locations) , short walks or whatever would be cool.  I would love to pull a small not well known gem out of my sleeve.  

Edited by The Blur

Just now, The Blur said:

I am looking to take my girlfriend somewhere in UK for a weekend break.  I am thinking of Edinburgh but I am very open to any suggestions from coastal villages to city breaks.  

She is not the walking type so no long nature walks but any small attractions, short walks or whatever would be cool.  I would love to pull a small not well knowngem out of the sleeve.  

Edinburgh is beautiful. Glasgow's great fun and close to some beautiful parts.

The coast around whitby and Robin Hood Bay is quite nice.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The Blur said:

She is not the walking type so no long nature walks but any small nearby attractions ( for remote locations) , short walks or whatever would be cool.  I would love to pull a small not well known gem out of my sleeve.  

Search for Hidden River Cabins, on the border of Scotland. Absolutely stunning, guaranteed brownie points.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bovril said:

Edinburgh is beautiful. Glasgow's great fun and close to some beautiful parts.

The coast around whitby and Robin Hood Bay is quite nice.

Robin Hood Bay is an absolutely cracking shout,  I will definitely look into that thanks!

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Search for Hidden River Cabins, on the border of Scotland. Absolutely stunning, guaranteed brownie points.

It looks great,  it is bit above my price range for now.  One for the future for sure though. 

10 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Robin Hood Bay is an absolutely cracking shout,  I will definitely look into that thanks!

It looks great,  it is bit above my price range for now.  One for the future for sure though. 

Yeah it's not cheap but is really nice.