Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

On 5/20/2017 at 15:42, FoxesDeb said:

Booked a last minute week to Kefalonia. Anyone been and knows what we must do or should avoid? We're hiring a car and want to drive up the mountain, and I was thinking about a boat trip to Zante to see the shipwreck on the beach. 

Not been to Kefalonia but have been to Zante & have seen the shipwreck on the beach. Tbh its not that great, lots of people walking on the boat, graffiti all over it & very stoney beach. I was slightly disappointed as I was expecting the wreck to look like it did when it washed up not full of people on it writing crap all over it.

7 hours ago, shawy2510 said:

Not been to Kefalonia but have been to Zante & have seen the shipwreck on the beach. Tbh its not that great, lots of people walking on the boat, graffiti all over it & very stoney beach. I was slightly disappointed as I was expecting the wreck to look like it did when it washed up not full of people on it writing crap all over it.

Haha yep and the fact when you arrive there are about 307 other boats in the bay looking at the same thing.

Not quite as the picture shows it lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TiffToff88 said:

Off to Rome for 3 nights in July. Any suggestions what to to while I'm there?

I wouldn't bother with the red tour buses. The tube is quicker and cheaper. The colluseum and Vatican are definitely worth seeing.

I thought i was getting a great deal with my Rome trip, but it turns out i've fallen into the cheap flights trap. Flying with Ryanair and it seems that everything you would expect to come as standard on a flight costs extra (Baggage, CHECKING IN, Breathing...) Reminds me of this Fascinating Aida song!!

Going to Vegas for a week in October with the missus and we have a few things planned already (trips to Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam, 1 or 2 shows, bit of gambling) - does anyone have any recommendations for stuff to do/see that isn't common knowledge? Restaurant recommendations? Stuff to avoid? Never been before and there's loads to take on board!

12 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Going to Vegas for a week in October with the missus and we have a few things planned already (trips to Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam, 1 or 2 shows, bit of gambling) - does anyone have any recommendations for stuff to do/see that isn't common knowledge? Restaurant recommendations? Stuff to avoid? Never been before and there's loads to take on board!

Week isn't long enough :( really but we did a bit of a road trip and saw Bryce Canyon (stunning) , Lake Havasu (London Bridge relocation) as well as Death Valley as well as Hoover Dam and GC- Vegas is really cool though !

Edited by surrifox

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/05/2017 at 14:09, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Bryce Canyon is better than the Grand Canyon. Absolutely unreal and easily accessible from Vegas 

On 31/05/2017 at 14:21, surrifox said:

Week isn't long enough :( really but we did a bit of a road trip and saw Bryce Canyon (stunning) , Lake Havasu (London Bridge relocation) as well as Death Valley as well as Hoover Dam and GC- Vegas is really cool though !

9 minutes ago, The soup nazi said:

Bryce Canyon is better than the Grand Canyon. Absolutely unreal and easily accessible from Vegas 

bc446c6029?crop=top:0%7Cleft:0%7Cwidth:1

Bleddy hell it looks incredible, cheers for the tip!

Anyone have any suggestions for a holiday in the uk with young children (5 years old)? The last few years we have stayed in cottages which has been fine, but we stayed at a farm once which was great as it had things to do like a play room and swings etc around the farm so I'd prefer somewhere that has those facilities.

On 17/06/2017 at 04:30, Chico1958 said:

Cuba.......... Monday, love the place

Bags packed, drive to Manchester Sunday, Drink, Wake up and go......... Happy Days    :thumbup:

Where in cuba?  Its nice for sure but food quality is lacking i find but thats a given as its kooooba

Super nice beaches and cubans are very nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

Anyone have any suggestions for a holiday in the uk with young children (5 years old)? The last few years we have stayed in cottages which has been fine, but we stayed at a farm once which was great as it had things to do like a play room and swings etc around the farm so I'd prefer somewhere that has those facilities.

Humble Bee Farm in Yorkshire is fab, and Peppa Pig world near Southampton has accommodation and is also great for small children

On 13 May 2017 at 08:03, BoyJones said:

Fair point, but I think it's like a test of courage in a way. Completely stygmian dark clammy stone chamber, I was sliding one foot in front of the other because you literally can't see a thing. 

That was about 10 years ago, so possibly now they have made it more tourist friendly and less of challenge.

I've seen you slide one foot infront of another at a few away matches young man,and rather than not seeing a thing you see double!

• Like 1

We have rented a villa near Murcia for 2 weeks in August/September.

Last year was the first year we didn't do package holidays and organised everything ourselves, we enjoyed it so are doing it again.

Short flights and no set meal times, works very well for our 2 year old.

cheap summery but a bit lively destinations for a group of handsome young chaps? sort of beach vibe but decent set of bars for a lager beer too? 

not barcelona. somewhere south of france has been mooted, maybe somewhere in italy but dunno where.