Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benguin

The Championship - 2015/16 Stuff It In Here

They've won the European Cup twice.

When looking at their honours list, it makes me to think whether they're actually bigger than us in terms of amount of trophies run...

I know, that's why I said they'd never won the champions league :D Its different to the European Cup.

Of course they are bigger than us in terms of trophies won, can't believe you'd even need to think about that. They've won the league, European cup twice and FA cups, we've not won anything close to that. As for whether in terms of fan base, potential etc they are bigger than us well that's certainly debatable.

Noticed that quite a few teams are buying foreign, sad that the second tier don't seem to 'trust' English players.

Not so much a lack of trust, there's just a total lack of value in this country nowadays. Shop abroad and get more for your money.

Wonder what Dyche thinks of Middlesboro and Derby spending their millions, they've got the parachute payments and still can't compete.

Just when you thought prices couldn't get any more ridiculous, a player could move from a Championship club to another for £14m?????? and a player who hasn't played higher than the Championship.

I wonder what the record fee for a player between 2 second tier clubs is in Germany, Italy and Spain?

How have Middlesboro even got that amounts of money to spend all of a sudden, they were pretty skint not so long ago. They've already spent a fortune on Downing.

Downing's reported to be on £50,000 a week too.

How have Middlesboro even got that amounts of money to spend all of a sudden, they were pretty skint not so long ago. They've already spent a fortune on Downing.

The only thing I can think is that Gibson has decided to help fund the spree in a desperate attempt to get back to the PL and reap the financial benefits that start next season, where he'd make the money back easily.

Big gamble though.

Rhodes isn't even that good. He's a poacher but brings nothing else to the team.

If you're spending £14m on a striker it's someone you need to be sure can make the step up if you get promoted and I don't think Rhodes fits that bill.

I'd imagine someone has put a bit of investment in.

Just seen Downings interview and he says one of the main things that convinced him to come back was the players Gibson has said will be joining him, so I don't think rhodes will be the last!

Derby County are set to re-sign former defender Jason Shackell after they agreed an undisclosed fee with Burnley.

Burnley manager Sean Dyche told the club website: "It's fair to say Derby County made an offer that was so large he found he couldn't refuse it.

"Outside the Premier League there are still some clubs throwing enormous amounts of money at the situation and Derby are one of those clubs."

Dyche lol lol

"Outside the Premier League there are still some clubs throwing enormous amounts of money at the situation and Derby are one of those clubs."

Bloody hell I hate Sean Dyche with a passion.

Rhodes isn't even that good. He's a poacher but brings nothing else to the team.

If you're spending £14m on a striker it's someone you need to be sure can make the step up if you get promoted and I don't think Rhodes fits that bill.

All he does is score goals... :blink: 

Huddersfield Town 2009–10[45]League One 45 19 3 1 2 3 3[a] 0 53 23 2010–11[46] League One 37 16 4 1 1 1 6[b] 4 48 22 2011–12[47] League One 40 36 0 0 1 2 4[c] 2 45 40 2012–13[48] Championship 2 2 0 0 0 0 — 2 2 Total 124 73 7 2 4 6 13 6 148 87 Blackburn Rovers 2012–13[48] Championship 43 27 5 1 0 0 — 48 28 2013–14[49] Championship 46 25 1 0 1 0 — 48 25 2014–15[50] Championship 45 21 2 0 0 0 — 47 21 Total 134 73 8 1 1 0 — 143

Just like people were complaining about Yakubu with us.

2010–11 Leicester City Championship 20 11 - - - 20 11

Archived