Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Everton have signed Gerard Deulofeu for 2.2million great business for them. Absolute steal at that price.

At first sight, yes. Can't tell what he'll cost them in wages, though. And don't forget add-ons (appearances, goals, etc.).

Why anyone buys from England I don't know. That's an unbelievable bit of business.

I suppose you're glad you can watch him play in England (again) now, do you? Sevilla fanboy. :P

Presumably the low fee was so Barca could whack a cheeky buyback clause in the deal in case he gets really good.

Yeah they have put a buy back clause they wanted to carry on loaning him but he said he wants something permanent! That's how most clubs should do business

do we know the dates yet or will they come out at the same time as the fixtures? 

silly question i know its just for childcare options. 

I presume you mean for TV matches? They get chosen over the next week or so after the fixtures come out tomorrow I think.

Are the fixtures partly random or is each game week thought out? Always wondered that

Certain factors are built into it, such as both Manchester Clubs playing at home on the same day, and clubs with ground share options the fixtures of the teams they share with, if you're away on boxing day you play at home on New Years Day, and any other factors, but then it is randomised.

At least that is what it used to be, not sure if they still factor in Tiger's home games for the City games, they used to, or the RFU did when scheduling the rugby fixtures.

Are the fixtures partly random or is each game week thought out? Always wondered that

Certain factors are built into it, such as both Manchester Clubs playing at home on the same day, and clubs with ground share options the fixtures of the teams they share with, if you're away on boxing day you play at home on New Years Day, and any other factors, but then it is randomised.

At least that is what it used to be, not sure if they still factor in Tiger's home games for the City games, they used to, or the RFU did when scheduling the rugby fixtures.

explained quite well here - especially how one club can affect another club in a totally different part of the country. Mainly cos of the club's specific requests, policing issues, transport issues etc etc...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/06/secrets_of_the_fixture_compute.html

And specifically for Premier League, here:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/jun/how-the-fixture-list-is-compiled.html

It's all loaded into the computer and works very similar to how Captain pointed out above.

So stuff like both Manchester teams cannot be at home on the same day, teams that ground share, teams preference for a home game at a certain time (teams can ask for first or last games to be at home / Boxing Day at home etc), it will also take into consideration the rugby World Cup (as we cannot play at home).

In regards to the Tigers, as we're in the premier league, I believe we now get priority over them.

At first sight, yes. Can't tell what he'll cost them in wages, though. And don't forget add-ons (appearances, goals, etc.).

I suppose you're glad you can watch him play in England (again) now, do you? Sevilla fanboy. :P

lol

I just find the lack of value in England almost embarrassing. Trippier for £3.5mil is an obvious exception but you get someone of Deulofeu's ability playing for an English club he'd be going for nearer ten times what Everton are getting him for. You look at the cost of say Sevilla's side and compare it to even our bottom half it makes for bleak reading. I know why it happens, but I don't really know why clubs buy from England. I absolutely guarantee you could get someone as good as Benteke for half of what he's meant to be going for if you looked hard enough.

explained quite well here - especially how one club can affect another club in a totally different part of the country. Mainly cos of the club's specific requests, policing issues, transport issues etc etc...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/06/secrets_of_the_fixture_compute.html

And specifically for Premier League, here:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/jun/how-the-fixture-list-is-compiled.html

Had no idea you got 'paired' with a team so that you're always at home when they're away. If you look at the fixtures ours must've been Southampton this season just gone. Never noticed that before.

Had no idea you got 'paired' with a team so that you're always at home when they're away. If you look at the fixtures ours must've been Southampton this season just gone. Never noticed that before.

not necessarily.

It might not even be a team in the same division. 

May just be coincidence that it was Southampton who played away when we were at home and vice versa.

Archived