Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Can someone explain to me why Monaco buy Falcoa & then loan him out. Is this a money making proposition ??

They got one great season out of him, then he wanted a move to the premiership after United's interest. Man U paid around 10million to Monaco to take him on loan for the season. Now he wants another shot at the premiership, with Chelsea making a move for him. However Chelsea Also have to pay a 10million loan fee to Monaco. Good business really for a player that doesn't want to stay. Get the most possible for him!

explained quite well here - especially how one club can affect another club in a totally different part of the country. Mainly cos of the club's specific requests, policing issues, transport issues etc etc...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2009/06/secrets_of_the_fixture_compute.html

And specifically for Premier League, here:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/jun/how-the-fixture-list-is-compiled.html

dont they sometimes "fix" certain fixtures like the time arsenal had that record unbeaten run and played man utd?

or maybe x versus y in a rematch of the famous encounter x amount of years ago.

dont they sometimes "fix" certain fixtures like the time arsenal had that record unbeaten run and played man utd?

or maybe x versus y in a rematch of the famous encounter x amount of years ago.

You sometimes feel like Sky insists on a few Super Sundays, where the big four play each other on the same day. The odds of Man U playing Arsenal on the same day Man City play Chelsea must be quite slim yet it always seems to happen at least once every season.

Hope we get somethimg similar to last years fixtures. A favourable run in always leaves you with hope if you're struggling

I think an 'easy' start would be better than what we had last season, last season we were an unknown quantity and caught Everton, Arsenal, United off guard. Next season they won't be so surprised. Winning a couple of games early on well keep momentum going from last season and take pressure off allowing us to play our own game. So easy start please, and easy run in, actually all easy games please.

Guest seanfox778

I can't get my head around that Sterling bid. What has he done to warrant a £40mill bid? He's been very average.

I can't get my head around that Sterling bid. What has he done to warrant a £40mill bid? He's been very average.

It seems in today's market you pay for potential. Which there's no doubting Sterling's potential... Although I'm not sure he's worth that much but with the money clubs have at their disposal these days and clubs wanting to get the most for their most valuable assets, you're more likely to see transfer deals like this.

Dyche on Ings' move: “It’s a big jump,  not so much as a footballer, as he played in the Premier League last season, but the fact they are a big, historic club, although Burnley are as well,”  lol  lol 

To be fair, Burnley are. They have a good history.

Has anyone else realised on the skysports app that there is something on there saying relegation run ins next season. Seems that skysports aren't considering us in the relegation scrap as they only show the last 5 fixtures for Newcastle, Sunderland, Bournemouth, Norwich & Watford.

Perhaps they can afford to sign him just to stop other PL clubs getting him and there's plenty of players around that put a big wage over guaranteed starts. Plus if you're at a 'big' club it doesn't seem to affect your international career even if you don't play much.

Has anyone else realised on the skysports app that there is something on there saying relegation run ins next season. Seems that skysports aren't considering us in the relegation scrap as they only show the last 5 fixtures for Newcastle, Sunderland, Bournemouth, Norwich & Watford.

Weird they wouldn't include Villa in that as they finished 17th, at least that would make sense the bottom 3 non relegated clubs and the 3 promoted, but it is pretty daft to be predicting relegation candidates at this stage.

Weird they wouldn't include Villa in that as they finished 17th, at least that would make sense the bottom 3 non relegated clubs and the 3 promoted, but it is pretty daft to be predicting relegation candidates at this stage.

Well a full season with Sherwood in charge it'd be astounding if they finish outside the Champions League spots

I am with you on this.

This hype over Sterling is too much. Good potential yes, imo plays 2 influential games from 5.

Doesnt take players on like he used to.Last 10 games club and country, no above avg performance.

He is being picked for his potential, not his translation of skill or influence.

He should fight for his selection like Walcott, llalana, and a few more on the sidelines.

He must earn his place and Int.caps.Hodgson is not being hard enough.

Sterling is young, he DOES have a lot of ability and he's playing for a Premier League club = you aren't going to get him go for little money.

I reckon he'll go for over fifty million. It's all a bit depressing but it's to be expected. This new TV deal is largely responsible for bumping prices up even further. I reckon you'll get the first nine figure transfer fee in the next five years.

Archived