Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Steve McClaren appointed Newcastle Head Coach.

Don't know what to say; he's known for eventually cocking-up good spells disasterously and now at a club which is in turmoil.

Guest CityFan 06

Looking forward to the new season. Hoping we can learn from last season, take that experience and keep progressing in this league.

Depends on the owner's ambition. McClaren is a good coach, got Clough's average Derby team to play a very entertaining style although he lost his way towards the end.

If he's given significant funds he should keep them comfortably placed, if he's not they're in danger because the attitude in the second half of the season was appalling.

I do not really understand managers who take jobs at unstable clubs with crazy chairmen such as Blackpool, Cardiff and Newcastle.  I understand some needed money or to get their foot on the first rung of the ladder but I thought McClaren is capable of waiting for a better job. 

I do not really understand managers who take jobs at unstable clubs with crazy chairmen such as Blackpool, Cardiff and Newcastle.  I understand some needed money or to get their foot on the first rung of the ladder but I thought McClaren is capable of waiting for a better job. 

It's a win-win situation for any manager in my opinion. If McClaren does well (top 10) then the Newcastle fans love him and his reputation is enhanced for doing well working under Ashley. If he does badly he won't take any of the blame as the fans are more bothered about Ashley than they are about McClaren nowadays and the media will comment how he was working under a poor ownership. 

Archived