Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2015/16 Stuff it in here.

Any early fantasy team thoughts?

Just done a sun dream team, first draft i went with:

Speroni

Ivanovic

Cahill

Dann

Souare

David Silva

Eriksen

Hazard

Sigurdsson

Alexis Sanchez

Aguero

Guest ttfn

Cech/De Gea (doubt the latter, highly likely to go to RM).

Zabaleta Kompany Mertesacker Fuchs

Whilshere Toure

Hazard Fabregas Depay

Aguero

Ok brb with my £200 million budget.

And Manchester United are set to sign Bastian Schweinsteiger on a three-year deal for a rumoured fee of 18 to 20 million Euro (£13m-£14.5m).

I thought the fee they were after / Bayern were willing to take was considerably lower than that. 

adidas pushed this through.

I'd heard the fee was much lower than that. Under 6 mill the transfer fee. Must admit im very curious to see how good Schweinsteiger is away from German outfits. Dont like Man U generally but this is a likeable signing for me.

Delph joins Man City, aware of suppose interest but didn't believe anything will happen. Well that's another good english talent going be wasted on Man City's bench.

As I said previously it's just to make sure they've got another English player in the squad. He's not good enough for Manchester City, realistically.

But I don't get the mindset of these players. You've gone from playing every week at Villa - one of the first names on the teamsheet probably (was he captain too?) - and just breaking into the England side to sitting on the bench every week for Manchester City. Granted, there's more chance of winning something at Manchester City but personally I'd rather play every week.

Look at Scott Sinclair, now aged 26, he's played (according to wiki) 184 games. 

Georginio Wijnaldum signs for Newcastle.

That looks a great signing, I think Wijnaldum is a quality player. Would have loved to have seen him at Leicester.

McClaren filling the team with fellow Dutchmen I see.

If Delph impresses in his first few game, and I mean a 9/10 performances, I don't see a reason why he can't keep himself in the first XI at Man City. Who's he got for competition, Fernandihno and Fernando? Not exactly world class centre midfield players.

He's got take his chance when he gets it though and make himself undroppable.

Fernandinho, Fernado and Delph are all quite similar midfielders (and I don't mean bald and black). They're all sort of box to box, don't score a great amount of goals but have a decent passing range and like to get their foot in. Surely on of the Brazilians must be off, can't see the point in have three like for like midfielders vying for the one spot alongside Yaya.

Stoke set to sign Glen Johnson.

Have forgotten at times that he is still playing! lol

Not quite sure why he played internationally, as I don't think he's actually one of the best in his position.

Archived