Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Ben Chilwell

I don't see how this would benefit anyone here. From the clubs perspective, are they about to let somebody who they've invested thousands of pounds into over 10 years walk away just like thay? If we did get into europe then we'd need so many homegrown players in the squad, something Chilwell would be. We don't need the money either. From Chilwell's perspective, is Arsenal really that much of an attractive proposition? Let's look at other young English players at Arsenal. Walcott, crocked at 26, Wilshere crocked at 24, Oxlade-Chamberlain, crocked at 22, Gibbs, crocked at 26, Welbeck too, hardly a promising environment for a young English player to go into.  

These clubs seemingly are only interested in him as cover for their established and more experienced players so the only reasons he could justify for leaving at this stage of his career is money and big club prestige.

We should be able to match the wages more or less so if he still wants to go then I'm not convinced he would be of the right character for us.

These clubs seemingly are only interested in him as cover for their established and more experienced players so the only reasons he could justify for leaving at this stage of his career is money and big club prestige.

We should be able to match the wages more or less so if he still wants to go then I'm not convinced he would be of the right character for us.

To be fair that's the same situation he's in here with Fuchs looking so good. He might fancy displacing Alberto Moreno more than the Austrian captain.

I reckon he'll come back, play in the cup game and be involved in match day squads for the second half of the season. That, plus a pay rise suitable for a first team player and he will stop here

There is alot to consider here;

The players ambitions, how realistic they are, and how patient he is.

How Chilwell gets on with the players and staff at the club. We fans see him as a hot prospect, but that doesn't mean anything to our players.

What does chilwells agent believe is best for him either financially or career wise.

Lets be honest, hes not playing here, he is 3rd choice at best, and is why he is out on loan gaining experience which is what he needs now.

I think the club have done the career progression well with him. So why does he have only 6 months left on his contract?

Maybe the club don't want to keep him... I doubt that as his wages won't be huge, especially compaired to his potential.

Maybe hes a bad influence? I doubt that seeing as we haven't extended his loan as yet. So he's coming back here.

Maybe he's going to get a first team opportunity vs spurs in the cup. Likely!

Maybe lcfc are trying to persuade him, his agent and his family that there is good money and a career progression path at lcfc better than at our prem / championship rivals. Obviously thats happening!

The facts are that in modern football the players have all the power until they feel secure and commit to a contract for x years.

If I was Chilwell, I'd probably be doing exactly what he is doing at present. He now has all the interested parties amd their offers. He will be choosing the best career progression and financial package. I don't blame him.

The only risk is getting injured.

He may still stay, but the odds are that he will go, because if we had offered him what he thought was right he would have been signed up over 6 months ago.

Pretty much. But if Arsenal are going to pay you £60,000 for the next 5 years and give you £1,000000 to sign, wouldn't you consider it?

Not so stupid now, as he can still go to play on loan in Huddersfield or wherever.

Not everyone thinks that they will play for England, not everyone loves the game.

I'm not suggesting that these things apply here, but I'd consider lots of cash every day of the week.

This may sound completely stupid but I think Chilwell COULD have more chance of first team football AT Arsenal...

There are growing reports that Nacho Monreal will be leaving. He's the best left-back in the league at the moment and not getting any younger. I would not be surprised to see him sign for Barcelona as cover for Alba. Or, more realistically, complete his desired move back to Bilbao. Big clubs WILL be interested. That leaves the consistently average Kieran Gibbs.

Leicester, on the other hand, have Christian Fuchs. He's the second best left-back in the league at the moment (anyone disagree?), and other than (what I predict) would be a future career in the MLS in 4/5 years time, I can't see him going anywhere. Jeffrey Schlupp as back-up is also good enough in my opinion. 

If we don't cash in on Chilwell then I'd expect Schlupp to leave. I can't see there being room for both of them. 

If he's making demands about first team football and wanting to leave a club that's brought him through the academy at the age of just 18 years old then I'd question his outlook to be honest.

This is not a 21 year old who's been pushing for a first team spot for a couple of years and been farmed out on loan a couple of times. This is a kid who's captained our academy team, been on tour with the first team, played a couple of times in the first team and had one loan spell.

Everyone who has played with him or seen him play regularly seems to think he's got a great career ahead of him so I'd be disappointed that the club has let it get to the point where he has just 6 months left on his contract (particularly if we've also put him in the shop window on loan) and if he left. But the kid needs a reality check if he wants to do anything other than push into the first team at Leicester. We're in the top four of the Premier League and he's got a better shot at first team football here than at the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea.

Looking at Huddersfield's forum - not ONE negative opinion on this guy

He looks a natural, and from what I saw in a couple of pre season friendlies, and the Hull game, this lad can play. Good on the ball, tricky, 1v1 both offensively and defensively solid 

He's going to be worth a fortune one day, just needs to stay grounded.

Even one of their players tweeted his wish for him to stay at HT, or until he's bought for £100m in the summer lol

Arsenal official Twitter today's has talked about link for him, so safe to say they are in for him

To go there now would be an error and disrespectful to Leicester.

Get in our team, learn your trade and move the for 40 - 50 million with 100 pl appreances and a few England caps under your belt.

Be John stones not these other who jump at the Money to soon and end up out of the game at 24.

Or worse at villa!

It really wouldn't. I agree it could mean longer without 1st team football but it would be an brilliant move for him with great development opportunities.

I'm not saying we can't offer him that but we're nowhere near the size Arsenal are and you couldn't begrudge him being interested in that. 

I don't know why people expect players to show the same loyalty as fans. 

He's been superb today, had concerns that perhaps that wing would be far too inexperienced to cope with Spurs.. Seems as though Dyer and De Laet have been more of a headache. Chilwell looks very good and think he will be knocking on first team door soon. Shame that Fuchs has been fantastic, had it not been for that I'm convinced he would be a nailed on starter.

He's been superb today, had concerns that perhaps that wing would be far too inexperienced to cope with Spurs.. Seems as though Dyer and De Laet have been more of a headache. Chilwell looks very good and think he will be knocking on first team door soon. Shame that Fuchs has been fantastic, had it not been for that I'm convinced he would be a nailed on starter.

Bit like an old football manager game. You almost get excited when someone gets injured so you can blood in a wonder kid..

Particularly good seocnd half with some key blocks, tackles and interceptions. Cool in almost every situation but not afraid to whack the ball in touch when it's the best and safest option. I had him 10/10 second half and 8/10 overall which is a stupendous effort at White Hart Lane in a cuptie

Yes, there were things to learn. I had him a bit too loose in the first half and a bit too willing to play backwards. But they're more observations than criticisms and were points that didn't seem appparent in the second half as his concentration grew.

Always involved as well and prepared to play the ball clear given chance. First touch good, passing ability assured. Good awareness of opponent's movement. Lots of pluses. I just hope we keep him involved with matchtime instead of letting him rot in the under 21s.

Archived