Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Guus Hiddink

it was said it wasnt for any kind of reason like that but was son related.

dont beleive it was ostrich or thailand related. Firmly believe its a bigger picture. EC or gus lined up in roles to take kp brand forward. Nige on back of a great 14th place finish may have said its my way or highway. And quickly they chose the latter.

People need to stop with this reinstate Pearson lark. It's tragic, its been hard to face but ffs it's not going to happen so try a little harder to focus on the future and supporting the club. The way people go on on here we may aswell just abandon Leicester and form Pearson FC, our badge could be his face and James Pearson could be our star player and at weekends we will have 'wild dog fighting' nights and eat raw potatoes off of the mans stomach. In fact **** Pearson FC, we could go further and rename Britain as 'Pearson' and instead of having babies we could just genetically clone him. Imagine that, tiny little cute Pearsons.

That made me laugh, even more so because I share the man's surname.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2015/06/30/13168762/guus-hiddink-must-retire-to-save-his-reputation

I've read it, and then read to twice again, and then all I can remember is 3-5-2. I'm sold whether or not the author is. With our current system and set up, and with a few canny transfers where we need it, and he might be able to draw them to the club, he might succeed. <edit - as long as he learned his lesson>

COMMENT: The coach left his post as Netherlands coach on Monday and must now bring an end to his career to ensure he is fondly remembered

By Peter McVitie 

For a man who is used to success, Guus Hiddink will find it hard to come to terms with the disappointment that surrounded his second spell at the helm of Netherlands. However, a disastrous 10 months in charge of his national team has shown that, as a coach, he has become obsolete and must bring an end to his career promptly before he tarnishes his reputation forever.

"I'm sorry it went this way," he said as his time in charge of the Oranje came to an end on Monday. The trainer charged with leading the Dutch to Euro 2016 leaves before their qualifying campaign has ended and with slight concerns over their hopes of reaching the tournament proper. 

Well-travelled and widely respected, the man who has won more Eredivisie titles than any other coach has tasted success all the way through his career. From a European Cup win, six Eredivisie titles and four Dutch Cups with PSV to a fourth place finish in the 2002 World Cup with South Korea, the 68-year-old has built a solid reputation.

Having also taken Chelsea to success in the FA Cup and Russia to the semi-finals of Euro 2008, it will be hard for Hiddink to comprehend why things did not work out when he took over at the team who had just finished third in the World Cup.

Throughout his 10 months in charge, the only constant theme was the blatant fact that he was well out of his depth and is past his best.

Louis van Gaal exceeded all expectations when he took the team to third place in the 2014 World Cup and the current Manchester United boss’ tactical nous played a huge role in that achievement.

The former Ajax boss altered his system from a 4-3-3 to a 3-5-2 to adapt to their more attack-minded opponents and play to the strengths of the players at his disposal.

The system protected the defenders, helped the midfield remain sturdy in the absence of key player Kevin Strootman and helped get the best out of Arjen Robben by giving him immense space and freedom to attack.

The Dutch had a newfound belief in the national team after the tournament in Brazil, but that optimism did not last long.

Hiddink’s appointment, which was announced before the World Cup, was met with a lot of scepticism and the pressure on him was immense from the very beginning.

His immediate insistence on reverting back to a 4-3-3 only intensified those worries and the 2-0 defeat to Italy in his first game in charge made things even worse, with obvious flaws in his team’s set up and game plan. 

However, the terrifying thing was that Hiddink never seemed to learn from his mistakes.

He repeatedly played Daley Blind at left-back in a back four, leaving the defence heavily exposed, while Wesley Sneijder kept a place in the starting XI even though his performances were poor. The coach also kept faith in Ibrahim Afellay, despite the winger’s severe lack of game time through persistent injury issues.

Defeats to Iceland and Czech Republic as well as a draw with Turkey have put Oranje’s Euro 2016 qualifying campaign at risk, while unconvincing wins over Kazakhstan and Latvia did little to help Hiddink’s case - nor even did the 2-0 friendly win over Spain.

While Hiddink did eventually make positive changes by playing Jetro Willems at left-back, dropping Afellay and the underperforming Robin van Persie, it was too little too late.

When the side threw away a 3-1 lead to lose 4-3 to the USA in Amsterdam in his penultimate game, it seemed to sum up Hiddink’s second reign aptly: one big comical disaster.

The team needed a leader with a solid game plan, new ideas and tactical flexibility. Hiddink had none of the above and merely demonstrated that his peak years as a trainer are in the past.

The KNVB must now scramble to prevent further damage being done to their Euro 2016 qualifying campaign and ensure it ends on a high. Hiddink, on the other hand, may be going out on a low, but the only way he can keep his reputation intact by is by simply calling it a day. 

when he is talking about 3-5-2 he is talking about LVG not Guus .

Good manager no doubt but at 68 how motivated will he be?  Can't imagine he'd plan on sticking around for long either.  So for me it is a risk.  But then again, talk of Lennon/Cotterill/Dyche makes me go into cardiac arrest so **** it, sign him up if he's interested (which i'm 99% sure he won't be anyway).

The former Ajax boss (LVG) altered his system from a 4-3-3 to a 3-5-2 to adapt to their more attack-minded opponents and play to the strengths of the players at his disposal.

The system protected the defenders, helped the midfield remain sturdy in the absence of key player Kevin Strootman and helped get the best out of Arjen Robben by giving him immense space and freedom to attack.

The Dutch had a newfound belief in the national team after the tournament in Brazil, but that optimism did not last long.

Hiddink’s appointment, which was announced before the World Cup, was met with a lot of scepticism and the pressure on him was immense from the very beginning.

His immediate insistence on reverting back to a 4-3-3 only intensified those worries and the 2-0 defeat to Italy in his first game in charge made things even worse, with obvious flaws in his team’s set up and game plan. 

I'm just glad I'm not the one having to make the decision on who the next gaffer is. The owners have taken a massive risk by getting rid of Nigel. The team played its heart out for him in those last nine games - and there's no reason to think they wouldn't have done the next season too. 

For what it's worth, I think Hiddink could do a job for us for a season or two. I don't think he's high profile enough to convince Cambiasso to stay and learn from him though – so Nigel's exit has pretty much nailed Esteban's departure. I wouldn't look too much into his failure as the Netherlands manager. That team has a lot of issues and its over performance at last year's World Cup painted over a lot of cracks which – when they reappeared under Hiddink – were blamed on him.  

As a long-term solution, I think Neil Lennon could be ideal. Emphasis on the word "could". He certainly has the passion and drive. He did himself proud tactically in Europe with Celtic too, so has proven that he's definitely no mug and can get the best of a group of capable professionals that aren't exactly world class - which is exactly what we've got. 

As long as it's not Sean Dyche, the new man will have my 100% backing. 

The former Ajax boss (LVG) altered his system from a 4-3-3 to a 3-5-2 to adapt to their more attack-minded opponents and play to the strengths of the players at his disposal.

You could find something bad to say about literally every single football manager in the world except the likes of the chosen one (although even he makes Chelsea play boring football apparently) and Fergusson etc.

We are not Chelsea, We are not Barcelona or Bayern or Real Madrid. We are Leicester City and we have to work with what we get offered. I know we finished 14th and all that but I wouldn't say we have a great depth of talent in the current squad and I'm pretty sure we are not as attractive to managers as most people on here think we are all of a sudden.

And to think people scoffed when it was suggested people were supporting Pearson and not the club!

Some were probably  guilty of that to be fair, but id only criticise this if it was after his departure. 

“The whole is greater than the sum of its parts”   but that does not mean you don’t get behind the team and the manager. 

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2015/06/30/13168762/guus-hiddink-must-retire-to-save-his-reputation

I've read it, and then read to twice again, and then all I can remember is 3-5-2. I'm sold whether or not the author is. With our current system and set up, and with a few canny transfers where we need it, and he might be able to draw them to the club, he might succeed. <edit - as long as he learned his lesson>

That says that van Gaal changed from 4-3-3 to 3-5-2, experienced success, and then Hiddink reverted back to 4-3-3 and never learnt from his mistakes m8

be a bit meh. he won't know shit about us, shit about our players, shit about anything you need to know. he has a cool name though. 

we've been here before. we'll probably end up here again in 5 years time when nigel's come back and saved us again. so shit. 

Sky Bet are still taking money and offering 4/5 so looks far from done even if other have took the market down, no doubt other firms have took the market down temporarily as they investigate things.

Archived