Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Guus Hiddink

I wouldnt take him. He's been with plenty of big teams but has no recent experience of relegation battle. i dont believe he would know what to do once Leicester go on our inevitable losing streak next season. I see reinstating Pearson who has found a successful way of playing as the only way for the club to move forward. Also if he sees this as his one last challenge then this clearly cannot be taken as a good LONG TERM appointment that pearson is

I wouldnt take him. He's been with plenty of big teams but has no recent experience of relegation battle. i dont believe he would know what to do once Leicester go on our inevitable losing streak next season. I see reinstating Pearson who has found a successful way of playing as the only way for the club to move forward

But that's not going to happen and we need to move on.

I, for one, thought Southampton would be in big trouble last season after their squad wad pretty much torn apart, but they brought in a youngish manager who took them forward. It was almost the same for them a few seasons ago when they brought in Pochettino too. That's what I'd like us to do.

Why not make a move for a guy like Montella or a cheeky enquiry for someone like De Boer?

A lot of this reads like the Cambiasso thread when we first brought him in. One last pay cheque, he's past it, where's the motivation etc etc.

We all know how that turned out.

Undoubtedly a big name and will attract better players on the international stage. Give it two years, pretty much the time you've got in the PL max. to make an impact anyway, and we push on from there.

I said it yesterday, there's no point in looking at a British manager, there's none good enough for where the owners perceive they want us to be.

Just listening to the guy in this in-depth interview about taking on the Australian job, says all the right things and comes across as very down to earth and not a billy big boll0cks at all.

One of the most experienced pairs of hands on the planet, has played at the highest level for a long time and if we want to move forward I’d say this would be a bold but positive move, I agree with a younger assistant ideally, Cambiasso as an understudy would be a dream move and provide a good link to the team spirt of last year.

I can see the Sven thing to a degree but it’s different we are in the premier league and so it's a more sensible appointment in that context, I think people need to look at the candidate list and remember we are Leicester city not fooking Barcelona it could be a whole lot worse..  Won’t please everyone but then who would!

Id snap his hand off IF he was interested.. 

link to interview / 

A lot of this reads like the Cambiasso thread when we first brought him in. One last pay cheque, he's past it, where's the motivation etc etc.

We all know how that turned out.

Undoubtedly a big name and will attract better players on the international stage. Give it two years, pretty much the time you've got in the PL max. to make an impact anyway, and we push on from there.

I said it yesterday, there's no point in looking at a British manager, there's none good enough for where the owners perceive they want us to be.

Well said. It will be a two year thing to stabilise and make ourselves more attractive to a young progressive manager.

I wouldnt take him. He's been with plenty of big teams but has no recent experience of relegation battle. i dont believe he would know what to do once Leicester go on our inevitable losing streak next season. I see reinstating Pearson who has found a successful way of playing as the only way for the club to move forward. Also if he sees this as his one last challenge then this clearly cannot be taken as a good LONG TERM appointment that pearson is

Jesus!  Have they taken away your meds?  

"Reinstating Pearson is the only way for the club to move forward".  WTF are you talking about?  Seriously?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2015/06/30/13168762/guus-hiddink-must-retire-to-save-his-reputation

I've read it, and then read to twice again, and then all I can remember is 3-5-2. I'm sold whether or not the author is. With our current system and set up, and with a few canny transfers where we need it, and he might be able to draw them to the club, he might succeed. <edit - as long as he learned his lesson>

COMMENT: The coach left his post as Netherlands coach on Monday and must now bring an end to his career to ensure he is fondly remembered

By Peter McVitie 

For a man who is used to success, Guus Hiddink will find it hard to come to terms with the disappointment that surrounded his second spell at the helm of Netherlands. However, a disastrous 10 months in charge of his national team has shown that, as a coach, he has become obsolete and must bring an end to his career promptly before he tarnishes his reputation forever.

"I'm sorry it went this way," he said as his time in charge of the Oranje came to an end on Monday. The trainer charged with leading the Dutch to Euro 2016 leaves before their qualifying campaign has ended and with slight concerns over their hopes of reaching the tournament proper. 

Well-travelled and widely respected, the man who has won more Eredivisie titles than any other coach has tasted success all the way through his career. From a European Cup win, six Eredivisie titles and four Dutch Cups with PSV to a fourth place finish in the 2002 World Cup with South Korea, the 68-year-old has built a solid reputation.

Having also taken Chelsea to success in the FA Cup and Russia to the semi-finals of Euro 2008, it will be hard for Hiddink to comprehend why things did not work out when he took over at the team who had just finished third in the World Cup.

Throughout his 10 months in charge, the only constant theme was the blatant fact that he was well out of his depth and is past his best.

Louis van Gaal exceeded all expectations when he took the team to third place in the 2014 World Cup and the current Manchester United boss’ tactical nous played a huge role in that achievement.

The former Ajax boss altered his system from a 4-3-3 to a 3-5-2 to adapt to their more attack-minded opponents and play to the strengths of the players at his disposal.

The system protected the defenders, helped the midfield remain sturdy in the absence of key player Kevin Strootman and helped get the best out of Arjen Robben by giving him immense space and freedom to attack.

The Dutch had a newfound belief in the national team after the tournament in Brazil, but that optimism did not last long.

Hiddink’s appointment, which was announced before the World Cup, was met with a lot of scepticism and the pressure on him was immense from the very beginning.

His immediate insistence on reverting back to a 4-3-3 only intensified those worries and the 2-0 defeat to Italy in his first game in charge made things even worse, with obvious flaws in his team’s set up and game plan. 

However, the terrifying thing was that Hiddink never seemed to learn from his mistakes.

He repeatedly played Daley Blind at left-back in a back four, leaving the defence heavily exposed, while Wesley Sneijder kept a place in the starting XI even though his performances were poor. The coach also kept faith in Ibrahim Afellay, despite the winger’s severe lack of game time through persistent injury issues.

Defeats to Iceland and Czech Republic as well as a draw with Turkey have put Oranje’s Euro 2016 qualifying campaign at risk, while unconvincing wins over Kazakhstan and Latvia did little to help Hiddink’s case - nor even did the 2-0 friendly win over Spain.

While Hiddink did eventually make positive changes by playing Jetro Willems at left-back, dropping Afellay and the underperforming Robin van Persie, it was too little too late.

When the side threw away a 3-1 lead to lose 4-3 to the USA in Amsterdam in his penultimate game, it seemed to sum up Hiddink’s second reign aptly: one big comical disaster.

The team needed a leader with a solid game plan, new ideas and tactical flexibility. Hiddink had none of the above and merely demonstrated that his peak years as a trainer are in the past.

The KNVB must now scramble to prevent further damage being done to their Euro 2016 qualifying campaign and ensure it ends on a high. Hiddink, on the other hand, may be going out on a low, but the only way he can keep his reputation intact by is by simply calling it a day. 

You would not support him? What a clown. Get over yourself you wet fanny.

Second that , "would not support him" so sit looking glum with a Hiddink out banner on the first game ?  

People need to stop with this reinstate Pearson lark. It's tragic, its been hard to face but ffs it's not going to happen so try a little harder to focus on the future and supporting the club. The way people go on on here we may aswell just abandon Leicester and form Pearson FC, our badge could be his face and James Pearson could be our star player and at weekends we will have 'wild dog fighting' nights and eat raw potatoes off of the mans stomach. In fact **** Pearson FC, we could go further and rename Britain as 'Pearson' and instead of having babies we could just genetically clone him. Imagine that, tiny little cute Pearsons.

Archived