Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

Every time I see Gayle he looks impressive. Burst of pace and a good finisher, he would fit into our system really well.

I agree, He is a ready made replacement for Vardy as both of them are similar. Gayle also has a good eye for Goal and a decent goal ratio..

I dont see it happening.I see on this forum there are mixed feelings, but why be negative, before such descisions are made..

I would welcome him if city sealed a deal, he is a proven goalscorer.

I dont have to think when, where or with whom he would play, thats the managers choice.

I would see him as a great asset, if the owners want to expand, and improve on the squad he is a good target.

It would give our very own tinkerman, something to tinker with, some mouth watering permutations crop up.

Some on this forum should just stop whining over every detail just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Haven't read the whole thread. Are you telling me that Sky are supplying misinformation? Shock!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11711/9902356/leicesters-16312million-bid-for-charlie-austin-rejected-by-qpr

That article is 6 weeks old.  Even if true was done before Ranieri.  A I said Austin speculation has less credibility than the Balotelli rumour.  What was more interesting was the quote from Claudio that the club are talking to many players while talking about Inler.

QPR have said that Leicester City were the only club to make a firm offer for Austin, believed to be £13million, I think he will stay there now, his loss and I bet he's on a decent wage too. Hope they do a Wigan and drop down another league....

Up the City.....

I bet they wish they'd taken it now.

One year left on his contract.  :thumbup:

Depends. Be a small price to pay if keeping him means they get promoted again and they're best chance of promotion is by keeping him in the team. 

I think we may have gone in with a bid that we knew would be rejected, just to deflect attention from the uncertainty surrounding the Pearson sacking. Surely if we had been serious, we'd have made an increase bid or thrown in Nugent, with our initial offer.

SSN saying we ain't bid nowt recently: http://www.skysports.com/iframe/widget/video/l4eHQwdzogZ1hgumkSWNt0lwfUdZb6-k#ooid=l4eHQwdzogZ1hgumkSWNt0lwfUdZb6-k

NO AUSTIN BIDS

QPR boss Chris Ramsey says the club hasn't received any offers for striker Charlie Austin.

Ramsey has also confirmed that there have been talks with the player over a new contract...

He won't sign a new contract unless they get promoted.

I reckon United / Tottenham will come in for him on deadline day if they haven't signed other targets.

United seem to be warming to having Austin as a backup striker for the bench.

I'm convinced Ranieri wouldn't want him.

He's quite slow and not much work rate. Of course he has his qualities but we have a similar player in Ulloa and Austin isn't a significant upgrade. I get the feeling that Ranieri loves Vardy as a player and would prefer to bring in a similar player to him rather than Austin.

Austin and possibly Ulloa aren't the sort of strikers Ranieri wants as they don't suit our style methinks.

Doesn't look like we will be following this up if todays merc is anything to go by:

City boss Claudio Ranieri would not talk specifically about the Inler deal but said he was hopeful of bringing in at least one midfielder soon.

"About speculation, I only want to speak when there is something concrete to talk about," he said.

"I think the club are speaking to a lot of players and I hope one player will arrive as soon as possible.

"I just need a midfielder. One will be enough but I will be happy if two arrive."

David Nugent has undergone his medical at Middlesbrough before completing his move to the Championship club, but Ranieri said he was not looking to bring in another striker to replace him.

"If there is a good opportunity for him it will be good for him," said Ranieri.

"Now I want to wait and see what happens, then I say yes or no.

"At the moment I have four strikers and the combination is good.

"I have Leonardo Ulloa, Andrej Kramaric, Jamie Vardy and Shinji Okazaki. That is enough."

But Ranieri said Liam Moore would not be leaving the club on loan as he needs defensive cover.

"Liam Moore stays with me because I have just four centre-backs," said Ranieri.

"I have Robert Huth, Wes Morgan, Marcin Wasilewski and him."

New signing Yohan Benaloune can also play centre-back but Ranieri said the Frenchman was not ready to start in the first team.

"I want to see him get fitter because I know him in the Italian league and I think he could be much better," said the City boss.

"He started pre-season 15 days after us."

Archived