Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

Don't think we need him.

Okazaki and Vardy seem confident atm and we have got decent back-up in Ulloa.

Think it all depends on Kramaric, as to whether he's destined to leave on-loan.

You mean send Kramaric out on loan paying his wages to get Austin in who on the current form will sit on the bench. 

this is from the BBC, love how the last couple of lines contradict themselves

"If someone meets the valuation, it is down to Charlie to whether he wants to leave the club," Ferdinand said.

"When you look at what Christian Benteke went for, I don't think we're pricing him out the market."

Belgium international Benteke joined Liverpool for £32.5m from Aston Villa this summer and Ferdinand argues QPR's asking price for Austin is "just a true valuation".

Ex-England striker Ferdinand says the Championship side have only received "two firm bids" for former Swindon and Burnley forward Austin this summer.

"I wouldn't say they've been turned down - we spoke to the clubs but they have not met our valuation," Ferdinand told BBC London 94.9.

The R's rejected a £12m bid from Leicester City last month,

Okozaki and Vardy are forming a great partnership. They have been very impressive in the opening two games. Their work rate and commitment is astonishing.

If we have designs on the top half then we have to be unpredictable. Imagine having to devise a tactical plan to stifle Okazaki and vardy with mahrez supporting and then an Austin type player and the way we would set up in that instance. You wouldn't know who we would select.

Leo was a star last year but the way we want to play at pace is, I think, beyond him. Wouldn't surprise me to see him sold or loaned out if we were to buy Austin.

Can only really see Spurs coming in for him now as others that were apparently interested have signed others. 

Even Spurs don't seem that keen as chasing Berahino.

I would take him but only if Ulloa went, in perhaps a switch plus money deal.

I still think Ulloa has a lot to offer us though and looking forward to him and Kramaric getting some time on the pitch.

If Austin is still at QPR for next window and Ulloa isn't performing, then worth another look.

QPR are either going to have to accept a bid soon or keep him. And I'm not sure they can afford to do the latter.

I feel pretty confident Austin is going to go somewhere. And I suspect the longer it drags out the more willing QPR will be to accept a realistic fee.

Do we want him or need him enough to make an improved offer? Because I suspect an improved offer may well tip the balance and tempt them into selling.

Personally, I don't think we need him now.

Archived