Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

Sadly, Leo, like nuge, is not going to be able to perform (consistently and reliably) at the level we want to play at.

I'm not convinced that Austin would either.

Did you forget last year already.  He was our top goal scorer only last year in the PL.

Tony Pulis linked with Austin today as a replacement for Berahino, to be honest, the more I read the less I want us to sign him! I honestly do not think we need Austin, just personal opinion.

A bit lost as to how people can criticize Ulloa! 37 Games 11 goals in a side that finished 14th and to consider the rotation of Ulloa, Vardy, Kramaric and Nugent, were people expecting him to score 25-30? 

He may be unhappy he isn't in the team based on the above facts that many of us have said that he was top scorer last season, but he is a professional and I am sure, when we need him he will produce for us! 

Absolute madness people slagging Ulloa off.

He is actually now our only 'alternative' option, by that I mean a target man, the sort who can come on at Stoke away when we are 1-0 up and hold the ball up and make himself a handful for defenders.

The other three options are great but they're all very similar, quick, skillful etc.

If Ulloa was to go, Austin would not be the replacement I would choose, he wouldn't even be in the top ten on a list.

If he was coming in next season because Kram hadn't broken through and we had sold him then yes, 100% a good option.

I'd take Austin as an addition but not instead of Ulloa. Ulloa performed incredibly well last season in a team which struggled for most of it.

I bet Man Utd wouldn't have minded if Falcao has scored 11 last season.

Ulloa is a good player and deserves our support.

Austin whilst a goal machine is realistically one tackle away from retirement.

How can people say Leo can't perform consistently at this level?

You do realise he has played 1 full season for a side battling relegation and scored 11! Not bad for someone who 'slows play down and lacks work ethic'.

How can people write him off?! He'll be important again this season and I guarantee he will score important goals if / when he plays.

He may have been a bit rusty against bury but normally his first touch is good, he's tidy and links play largely pretty well. Defensively from set pieces he's integral for us and then his chance conversion rate is exceptional.

Outside the top 4 tell me a target man you would rather have for under £10m? Absolutely no one.

Get off his back and support him when he does get a chance!!

You can have your doubts about a player and still support him you know?

Ulloa is this year's nugent. The clueless morons want a player who can moan and bitch about even though the player has done nothing wrong or not yet had a chance or when they have had there chance and done well.. They still have a reason to moan

You can have your doubts about a player and still support him you know?

Ok. But my point is that you've just said we can do better than him?

He is currently our 3rd choice striker - who scored 11 times last season and his goals at the start and end of last season were very important. May not single handedly have kept us up but a very good player for us then and still is now.

Anyway, point being he is a squad player currently and you're saying we can 'improve on him'.. As I said please tell me who ..

A) would be a better option as a target man for £10-15m at this level?

B) If they filled the above criteria would they then be happy being a squad player?

Personally a guy who worked hard for us last year and scored 11 times and wants to be here is good enough to be a squad player! We're not Chelsea or Barcelona or something

I understand both sides of the argument with Ulloa. Without his goals last season we would have had 6 less points and would have been very close to relegation. Now, I know this is completely hypothetical but bare with me. I realise his touch can be a bit wayward sometimes and on some days things can just bounce off of him but in my opinion he brings something completely different to the team with his height and strength. Also, I think 11 goals in a maiden PL campaign is a pretty good return for a team that was languishing at the bottom of the table for 2/3 of the season.

Plus, I think Ulloa's defensive contribution is completely overlooked. I remember at times last season him heading away opposition corners regularly and even helping out in the fullback positions. I don't think this is an attribute that Charlie Austin has. But, I do think that Austin is the better finisher (which has showed throughout his career).

In my opinion, I would love both in the team as they bring different strengths to the frontline. But, I honestly can't see it happening unfortunately.

Sell Ulloa for £9m to Bristol and buy Austin for £15m. Good business.

You are joking aren't you ?!?!? ..... Ulloa will soon be in the team and will score goals .... Unfortunately I can't say the same for Kramaric ..... But I'm with you on one thing .. Buy Austin !

I never noticed Austin being as physically committed as we need our strikers to be in defensive mode.

Saw a clip of him playing for QPR against Rotherham (scored two, one a deflected shot and the other a pen) and he was involved in a move where he played the winger in just the other side of the centre circle and then just wandered around. No intent to get forward. thought to myself, he isn't bothered. Is that the mentality of player I want to see here?

Going United by the looks of it

So they are signing that young French guy for 36 million AND Austin?

I'd be surprised by that. Although I suppose warming the bench at Man U had to be better than playing for QPR

So they are signing that young French guy for 36 million AND Austin?

I'd be surprised by that. Although I suppose warming the bench at Man U had to be better than playing for QPR

Don't know if it's true, just saw a few verified twitter journos saying it

Archived