Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

Off to Sean Dyche's Burnley.

Are they a different club to the Burnley who are in the Championship WITH QPR !

There's no way he'll go to another Championship club.  I know Burnley have got a bit of dosh from the Ings sale and Austin was previously there (and apparently enjoyed his time there); but, a) QPR won't want to sell to rivals, b) he and the club will get more money from a Premiership club, c) Austin has said he'd rather stay in London or the SE and d) he'd only really want to move to a Premiership club (there's no sense in moving to the Championship - especially as he's already there).  Some club like Spurs, West Ham - or even Bournemouth (as quoted) - will get him for around £15m.

I honestly think Okazaki looks a better player based on what I've seen so far. Got more to his game.

Different kind of player in my opinion, maybe not better generally but Okazaki is a lot more lethal in our system and philosophy than Austin could be.

Competed very well though just signing Boyd! Just shows how poor the premiership is compared to what people think! Burnley should be lucky hitting double figures if the league is as strong as people make out!

Not at all... they finished second in the championship and still had 3 or 4 players good enough at the level, but finished bottom

Seriously, why is this even a thing!!  Austin isn't coming here.  I don't get the fixation with him by many on here.  We have depth at Striker and even if we were to being in a new one I don't think he would be considered.

Based on Ulloa's performance last night, GET HIM IN.

We need a player with presence up front and his all round game would suit us.

We won't be able to rely on Shinji and Vardy all season.

Your basing him on a cup game against lower league opposition as opposed to being our top goal scorer last season against premiership opposition? 

Without his goals we would have gone down, simple as. Dont be such a moron

Your basing him on a cup game against lower league opposition as opposed to being our top goal scorer last season against premiership opposition? 

Without his goals we would have gone down, simple as. Dont be such a moron

Well no. I'm basing it on his work rate and how he slows down play, doesn't win enough challenges and doesn't to me, suit our energetic and counter attacking system/style.

This isn't an over reaction to an underwhelming performance against lower league opposition, this is just my opinion on him over all. 

He might have been our top scorer last season but that doesn't mean we can't improve on him.

''Without his goals we would have gone down, simple as. Dont be such a moron''  - Is it really that simple yeah?  lol 

We didn't stay up because of his goals, you know there was far more to it than that. 

How can people say Leo can't perform consistently at this level?

You do realise he has played 1 full season for a side battling relegation and scored 11! Not bad for someone who 'slows play down and lacks work ethic'.

How can people write him off?! He'll be important again this season and I guarantee he will score important goals if / when he plays.

He may have been a bit rusty against bury but normally his first touch is good, he's tidy and links play largely pretty well. Defensively from set pieces he's integral for us and then his chance conversion rate is exceptional.

Outside the top 4 tell me a target man you would rather have for under £10m? Absolutely no one.

Get off his back and support him when he does get a chance!!

How can people say Leo can't perform consistently at this level?

You do realise he has played 1 full season for a side battling relegation and scored 11! Not bad for someone who 'slows play down and lacks work ethic'.

How can people write him off?! He'll be important again this season and I guarantee he will score important goals if / when he plays.

He may have been a bit rusty against bury but normally his first touch is good, he's tidy and links play largely pretty well. Defensively from set pieces he's integral for us and then his chance conversion rate is exceptional.

Outside the top 4 tell me a target man you would rather have for under £10m? Absolutely no one.

Get off his back and support him when he does get a chance!!

This in spades. Now Nugent has gone Ulloa has become the new hate figure.  :rolleyes:

Archived