Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Samilktray

Charlie Austin £12m bid rejected

New signing Yohan Benaloune can also play centre-back but Ranieri said the Frenchman was not ready to start in the first team.

"I want to see him get fitter because I know him in the Italian league and I think he could be much better," said the City boss.

"He started pre-season 15 days after us."

Ranieri saying all the right things. 

Remember how the team struggled to score midway through last season. We can always use someone Austins quality. Better to be looking at him than looking for him.

If QPR are struggling in January he'll probably be available for half the amount....

Doesn't look like we will be following this up if todays merc is anything to go by:

City boss Claudio Ranieri would not talk specifically about the Inler deal but said he was hopeful of bringing in at least one midfielder soon.

"About speculation, I only want to speak when there is something concrete to talk about," he said.

"I think the club are speaking to a lot of players and I hope one player will arrive as soon as possible.

"I just need a midfielder. One will be enough but I will be happy if two arrive."

David Nugent has undergone his medical at Middlesbrough before completing his move to the Championship club, but Ranieri said he was not looking to bring in another striker to replace him.

"If there is a good opportunity for him it will be good for him," said Ranieri.

"Now I want to wait and see what happens, then I say yes or no.

"At the moment I have four strikers and the combination is good.

"I have Leonardo Ulloa, Andrej Kramaric, Jamie Vardy and Shinji Okazaki. That is enough."

But Ranieri said Liam Moore would not be leaving the club on loan as he needs defensive cover.

"Liam Moore stays with me because I have just four centre-backs," said Ranieri.

"I have Robert Huth, Wes Morgan, Marcin Wasilewski and him."

New signing Yohan Benaloune can also play centre-back but Ranieri said the Frenchman was not ready to start in the first team.

"I want to see him get fitter because I know him in the Italian league and I think he could be much better," said the City boss.

"He started pre-season 15 days after us."

So he hopes for 2 midfielders !  Interesting.  Sorry, I know this shouldn't be in the Austin thread, but I couldn't resist, having seen the full quote here.

If QPR are struggling in January he'll probably be available for half the amount....

I don't know. I just can't see him being available in January. I'm sure another team will snag him before the window closes.

Of course, his contract runs out June 30th I believe so by the end of August will have ten months left and my the end of January five months left.

If they value him at £13m his value is decreasing £1.3m per month after this transfer window shuts.

Of course, his contract runs out June 30th I believe so by the end of August will have ten months left and my the end of January five months left.

If they value him at £13m his value is decreasing £1.3m per month after this transfer window shuts.

I wasn't thinking of it from that angle, although that's bound to be part of the equation... But if they realize they are not getting back to the promised land then they might need to offload some big earners...

I wasn't thinking of it from that angle, although that's bound to be part of the equation... But if they realize they are not getting back to the promised land then they might need to offload some big earners...

Yeah. I think you're right. It will probably depend on where they are in the table. If they look like going up, they might well gamble on going up and giving him a new contract when they do. If promotion looks unlikely, they might want to cash in.

The only reason we bid on Austin was to spark a bidding war. The owners we're doing tony Fernandes (Air Asia) a favour. We aren't in for him. Our bid was never going to be accepted but it was supposed to get other clubs attention.

we did the same with N'zonzi but we got huth in return, hope we get nothing in return for bidding for Austin haha

The only reason we bid on Austin was to spark a bidding war. The owners we're doing tony Fernandes (Air Asia) a favour. We aren't in for him. Our bid was never going to be accepted but it was supposed to get other clubs attention.

lol lol

What if I told you that not all Asians are best mates with each other?

That would only be the case if one team went in for him. If more than one goes in, it'll be how much they're willing to pay. There's no formula to calculate his value in that situation. There's no way he'll leave on a free either.

lol lol

What if I told you that not all Asians are best mates with each other?

Considering that Vichai/Top and Fernandes are both in the Asian air travel industry there's a chance they know each other and could be friendly with each other

Considering that Vichai/Top and Fernandes are both in the Asian air travel industry there's a chance they know each other and could be friendly with each other

King Power has a significant vested interest in AirAsia

King power do all the duty free on the Thai AirAsiaalso they cross advertise and sell discount services on each others platforms

Tony and Top are good friends

NO ONE IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE BOUGHT that leicester dummy bid and now it looks like it will back fire on QPR he may actually go for less than leicester offer

He has a dodgy knee and a year on his contract

Tony Fernandes is totally useless at running a football club

Archived