Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Martin O'Neill

Might we be getting a managerial appointment from Leicester Cityimminently?

Bookmakers William Hill have suspend betting on who will replace Nigel Pearson after a series of large, four-figure bets were placed on Republic of Ireland manager Martin O'Neill returning to the club.

If this doesn't happen we will have bookies that are a hell of a lot more richer lol

Having never experienced the O'Neill years I'd have mixed emotions about this, we shouldn't be looking for a new manager for a start and it'd smack of 'Oh shit we sacked Pearson, thinking we could get Klopp/Hiddink, now everyone hates us let's appoint Martin O'Neill to shut them up', I don't think he's an improvement. But I like him as a person, don't have any memories to be tarnished and I don't think it's out of the question that he could keep us up for a few years, maybe even a decent cup run, and move on with us stable in the Prem.

Looking back, I was spoilt as Leicester fan with him in charge. So much glory! He may well not be an improvement but out of the likely candidates he's got to be one of the most trustworthy - can't see us getting relegated with MON at the helm

Seriously wtf?

Some of the bloody idiots on this forum slagging off a Leicester great and a true Leicester City legend in Mon.

Most on here were probably kids when we had our great era under him. We played great football with a team that most of the bookies and so called pundits wrote us off time and time again.

Three top ten finishes in the premiership, three cup final appearances at Wembley and two trophies won. A trip to Europe too, what's not to like our most successful manager ever.

Damn site better than most of the names being bandied about.

Welcome home Martin.

Excellent post, agree entirely. Wembley was our second home under O'Neill.

Well this is a bit rum.

Coming from someone who was more fully immersed in the supporter experience during O'Neill's time (basically I can barely be arsed with it now) I'm really not sure how I feel about it.

It was brilliant, but legacies are always prone to being pissed on

There aren't many managers I would have been happy with.  If Martin were to return though...I'd be very happy.  They say 'never go back', but if you went out with Kelly Brook and you dump her but then later decide you want her back then who can blame you! (Yes I am comparing LCFC to Kelly Brook).

Seriously wtf?

Some of the bloody idiots on this forum slagging off a Leicester great and a true Leicester City legend in Mon.

Most on here were probably kids when we had our great era under him. We played great football with a team that most of the bookies and so called pundits wrote us off time and time again.

Three top ten finishes in the premiership, three cup final appearances at Wembley and two trophies won. A trip to Europe too, what's not to like our most successful manager ever.

Welcome home Martin.

Absolutely spot on mate!

Seriously wtf?

Welcome home Martin.

KIDS ...THE KIDS DONT REMEMBER

Seriously wtf?

Welcome home Martin.

No-one's slagging him off. Some people are concerned that he's not the manager he once was, and that it will be hard to take if it doesn't work out for us and him this time around. No-one's questioning what he achieved here.

I'm warming to the idea slightly. It's true that he is a much better shout than a lot of the names mentioned, and he would be a good fit for the squad we have.

I'll try to keep an open mind.

roy keane as number 2 ?

No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No,

For those against this, can you provide the name of a manager who'd stand a better chance of succeeding and is likely to want the job?

Blue, I have been asking the whingers that question for over a week.  But all they can do is be negative and not even offer a name.  It just makes them feel all high and mighty that no one meets there standard.  Could you imaging what would they say if Alex Ferguson was being interviewed.  Not good enough, too old etc etc.

Seriously wtf?

Welcome home Martin.

Well said. People calling him "awful" and a "dinosaur"; have some respect.

No. Bad analogy.

Why? Just because someone is a legend it doesn't mean they perform to that standard forever. Pretty simple.

Personally I'm optimistic but not thrilled with how this has gone. Obviously he was a legend for us but people can still have doubts about his current ability, it's not that tricky to grasp.

Archived