Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Kramaric

one game 7 months ago...? 

he's getting worse not better, going further down the pecking order and looking less and less confident and interested in being here by the playing minute. what he did 7 months ago in a game we lost and could've taken something from if he could finish doesn't really matter, not cut it, anymore. 

i'm not sure why but everyone seems to love him. i like him and really hope he "comes good" but let's be honest, if nugent had put in even one of kram's rubbish games or missed just one of the 1000 chances kram has missed since he joined someone would probably have jumped the advertising boards and tried to kill him by now. 

much like inler he's getting away with it because he's some cool foreign buy supposedly linked to juve an chelsea when we got him, not signed on a free from portsmouth.

The Kram signing is totally different to the Inler one.Walshies team had been monitoring Kramaric ffor twelve months

And on that basis alone he has good chance of succeeding. I do agree his application is betraying his talent.

Inler was a panic replacement for Cambiasso and may well come good even though he's a foreigner!

great example of a player who is struggling psychologically. Bags of ability and technically 1 of our strongest players. Hope he can turn it around. 

Does the club employ psychologists?

They should do in this type of business.

The Kram signing is totally different to the Inler one.Walshies team had been monitoring Kramaric ffor twelve months

And on that basis alone he has good chance of succeeding. I do agree his application is betraying his talent.

Inler was a panic replacement for Cambiasso and may well come good even though he's a foreigner!

i wasnt comparing the signings i was comparing the fan reaction. 

if andy king puts in just one of the horrific 3 in a row inler did he'd be crucified. if nugent tries a clever finish when through on goal just once, let alone the majority of the time all whilst still missing he'd be booed off the pitch. these two players have both been great "servants" to this club too, let's not forget. 

yet we're seemingly allowing quite happily two new lads to be pretty rubbish just cos they've come from abroad and have cool reps or interesting names? kramaric has been pretty rubbish for a while now. he's got obvious quality but he's not showing it enough and that's why he isn't, and won't, start games. or even get on the bench. 

it's a shame cos it'd be great if he was great but he's basically not. people just think he might be cos he's called andrej and now andrew. 

it's a shame cos it'd be great if he was great but he's basically not. people just think he might be cos he's called andrej and now andrew. 

pc gone mad innit.

Seriously though, Kramaric and Inler are just so handsome. King and Nugent look like world gurning champions.

It has nothing to do with Vardy or how good or bad he was. Vardy got ripped to shreds depite scoring 4 in his first nine and then playing with an injury. Kramaric has flattered to deceive yet people are so far up his bum it's laughable.

If his name was Peter Smith and we'd signed him from league two people would be ripping him to bits like they did Vardy. It's weird.

Edit: I don't want to come across anti him, or that I've written him off. I've not at all, I just don't see what he's done to get so much love.

I haven't seen an awful lot of love for him just an awful lot of desire to see him succeed.

I'd absolutely love to see him banging the goals in and I was delighted he was given a chance last night. Unfortunately he didn't take it so he'll have to wait for the next.

Does the club employ psychologists?

They should do in this type of business.

I really have no idea, but they should. You see so many players that mentally struggle at one place, then playing so well at another.

With instances like this, you never know what might be going on off the field. 

He's clearly a talented player, and has an excellent goalscoring record for his country

i wasnt comparing the signings i was comparing the fan reaction.

if andy king puts in just one of the horrific 3 in a row inler did he'd be crucified. if nugent tries a clever finish when through on goal just once, let alone the majority of the time all whilst still missing he'd be booed off the pitch. these two players have both been great "servants" to this club too, let's not forget.

yet we're seemingly allowing quite happily two new lads to be pretty rubbish just cos they've come from abroad and have cool reps or interesting names? kramaric has been pretty rubbish for a while now. he's got obvious quality but he's not showing it enough and that's why he isn't, and won't, start games. or even get on the bench.

I don't know when Kramaric is supposed to have been rubbish, which is why I'm struggling to get on board with the "I'm not writing him off but basically he is obviously rubbish" brigade.

He played on his own up front when he first got here in a 5-4-1 and looked good against Man City and Arsenal with next to no support. He then played poorly in that crucial game at home to Hull and was dropped for the run in except against Swansea when he had a decent game punctuated by very poor finishing.

Other than that he's had 10 minutes here and there and 2 Capital One Cup games - last night when he didn't play well (but doesn't seem to have been a total disaster) and Bury when he scored.

Then again as the other thread shows I've got a memory like a fish so I've probably missed 5 or 6 absolute horror shows.

I don't know when Kramaric is supposed to have been rubbish, which is why I'm struggling to get on board with the "I'm not writing him off but basically he is obviously rubbish" brigade.

He played on his own up front when he first got here in a 5-4-1 and looked good against Man City and Arsenal with next to no support. He then played poorly in that crucial game at home to Hull and was dropped for the run in except against Swansea when he had a decent game punctuated by very poor finishing.

Other than that he's had 10 minutes here and there and 2 Capital One Cup games - last night when he didn't play well (but doesn't seem to have been a total disaster) and Bury when he scored.

Then again as the other thread shows I've got a memory like a fish so I've probably missed 5 or 6 absolute horror shows.

my rubbish is in response to everyone else's best footballer at the club tbf. he looked like he was gonna be good, went a bit rubbish and has basically settled at distinctly average and clear fourth choice. he was pretty rubbish last night and wasn't exactly good at bury, ok goal aside. 

he's a striker who can't really finish, can't run very fast, isn't very good in the air and doesn't have a particularly great workrate. i've said for quite a while that i don't really see where he fits in our team tbh, but i'm starting to wonder what the point of him even is. 

i quite like him too which is a shame i just can't be dealing with 95% of our fanbase thinking he's our best player when he's quite rightly fourth choice based on pretty much everything ever. 

Erm vardy and ulloa had about 1 good game for 7 months

yeah and everyone called them shit and told them to f uck off, not wanked over their shit finishing and lack of effort like everyone here is doing over kramaric 

QPR game summed him up for me. Some nice touches but often looked to stop the ball dead rather than get in behind the defence. Does that too often and really doesn't suit the way we play. He did, however, pull off a great finish for his goal.

Think the problem is just that he doesn't fit not only us but the league in general. Prem demands some physicality and he has none. I'd be delighted if we could recoup out outlay on him.

He isn't slow. He has great natural ability. He is low on confidence and needs regular game time. Without that he will continue to struggle. I think he has the attributes to be a great striker.

he is slow both in movement and in gameplay. he got outpaced by richard dunne last game of the season. but not just his pace, his movement of the ball is slow too. he holds onto it way too long, he twists, he turns, he twists, he turns. it's mesmerising to watch and quite fun too but he often ends up in the exact same place as he started just surrounded by defenders or with no easy pass because everyone expected one 4 twists ago. 

he'll never get much game time here because a) he is our fourth best striker and b) he doesn't suit our style nor does he offer a good, different option. he'll get knocky'ed this season i reckon. not because he's a bad player but because he is low on confidence and doesn't fit in our team so we won't get the best from him. 

like knockaert i really hope we do but can't see how we will, and it seems nobody else can offer a genuinely trail of thought other than "all the attributes to be a great striker", none of which he's actually ever shown. 

I know he's not getting much game time and chance to prove himself and far be from me to write someone off (:unsure: after all I am man enough to admit I slagged Vardy off in his first season) but he's disappointing me more and more when he does feature, ok I understand it's hard for him when he's not getting a run of games but at the same time it should push him to make more of his chances when he does feature.

Besides when I was complaining and asking the question why certain players weren't playing last season I was told well they can't be impressing in training so is it the same situation with Kramaric.

He needs to go out on loan imo, best option for all parties I reckon and you never know he might come back better with more confidence and do well for us, at the moment he's just rotting.

He's been no worse than Okazaki has been for the past 5 games.

he has. okazaki hasn't done a great deal in terms of goals/assists/chances but he still moves the ball on quickly to our better players and hassles opposition defences. kramaric does neither and also doesn't get involved in the box or in chances/goals very much either. 

he has. okazaki hasn't done a great deal in terms of goals/assists/chances but he still moves the ball on quickly to our better players and hassles opposition defences. kramaric does neither and also doesn't get involved in the box or in chances/goals very much either.

I think Kramaric actually does gets into good positions in the box it's just that he's quite wasteful with it. Also when he's beat his man he tries to beat him another 2 or 3 times instead of laying it off or having a shirt.

I forgot who it was against towards the end of last season in front of the Kop he beat his man then did that turn he does 4 times before wasting his shot.

He looks better when he doesn't have time to think and instead takes his shots quickly like against Arsenal & QPR. It's when he has time to think about it is when he ends up looking like a donkey.

I think Kramaric actually does gets into good positions in the box it's just that he's quite wasteful with it. Also when he's beat his man he tries to beat him another 2 or 3 times instead of laying it off or having a shirt.

I forgot who it was against towards the end of last season in front of the Kop he beat his man then did that turn he does 4 times before wasting his shot.

He looks better when he doesn't have time to think and instead takes his shots quickly like against Arsenal & QPR. It's when he has time to think about it is when he ends up looking like a donkey.

yeah against west ham. was great. 

some (most) of his first time finishing was awful last year too. i think he could be a very good premier league striker but currently he's quite a way off. hence he's in our cup squads and not playing in the league. he's still young, still learning and still adapting. i just don't get the calls for him to start or that he's being really harshly treated. he's just not as good as everyone wants him to be just yet. 

Archived